ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker twitter

ncaaky

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2003
It looks like Kyle got banned or suspended from Twitter. He is The Athletics reporter for Kentucky who gives a lot of good info and does a good job covering the Cats. His political views are unbearable. His view is the only correct view in his mind. He constantly degrades and argues or bans anyone who disagrees with him.

It looks like Kyle got banned or suspended from Twitter. He is The Athletics reporter for Kentucky who gives a lot of good info and does a good job covering the Cats. His political views are unbearable. His view is the only correct view in his mind. He constantly degrades and argues or bans anyone who disagrees with him.
I saw that he apparently posted a goodbye message last night and deleted his account because he didn’t agree with how Elon was handling journalists on the site

Not suspended. Quit b/c he was mad Musk was suspending journalists who were tracking his locations or something

Reactions: ncaaky
So, the way this works is that the company does what it can to attract users and that the users have the free will to not use or not use the company.

In this case, the user decided to no longer use the company.

And that's the way it should work. I think it's a much better solution than the government introducing legislation to regulate social media, as a past president suggested.

I guess I dont see the problem.

He’s awful, blocks be all the time

Kyle isn’t a liberal. He’s just a “follow the popular trend type” of the celebrity and elite media.

It’s people like a wealthy Ivy League grad that’s an online reporter rants about Elon destroying society…people say “yes he’s smart and I agree because all the smart people are saying it”

But if you ask them to substantiate their views further…they can’t really have a civil discussion. Kyle will block or say “you’re wrong because you’re wrong and I shouldn’t have to explain and you’re a bad person!”

I mean for crying out loud, Kyle takes Rex Chapman seriously. Left or right, taking Rex seriously and thinking Rex is a good guy doing good things makes me question Kyle’s intellect.

Great Uk columnist. But he think because he’s a journalist that his views are right and questioning him means you’re overthrowing the govt.

Used to…Journalist pretty much controlled the narrative in print, radio, and TV. They published the stories and there was no pushback. There was no dialogue online. But with the Internet…they mix their personal beliefs with their journalist tag.

I like Kyle’s work quite a bit. He’s extremely talented and a terrific writer for us. We’re quite fortunate to have him on the beat. That said, this seems like a very curious move - whether you agree with Musk’s recent actions or not, I’d imagine the majority of Kyle’s engagement/interactions came through Twitter. Seems like a bad idea to remove yourself from that platform.

This is not a defense of Musk, but I also don’t think anything Musk is doing/did would directly impact Kyle’s ability to put out his work. He’s only hurting himself & his career by doing this. And for what cost? To protest Musk? The Twitter machine will keep churning and Musk likely doesn’t know Kyle Tucker exists

Reactions: LCI555
do you feel your political views are the only correct ones? most people are like this which is why so many people are independents or dont care for politics because its so insufferable.
He must have been being a real asshat. Twitter is way way better now. You can speak your mind.
sorry to burst your bubble but its not better when you can track flights on the internet legally using flight trackers and people are banned for doing it because musk wants to fly but not have to be tracked ....... thats not freedom. thats dictatorial .

unless you are maga and you want freedom for you and not for everyone.

I like Kyle’s work quite a bit. He’s extremely talented and a terrific writer for us. We’re quite fortunate to have him on the beat. That said, this seems like a very curious move - whether you agree with Musk’s recent actions or not, I’d imagine the majority of Kyle’s engagement/interactions came through Twitter. Seems like a bad idea to remove yourself from that platform.

This is not a defense of Musk, but I also don’t think anything Musk is doing/did would directly impact Kyle’s ability to put out his work. He’s only hurting himself & his career by doing this. And for what cost? To protest Musk? The Twitter machine will keep churning and Musk likely doesn’t know Kyle Tucker exists
Running isn't the Answer

Reactions: DTXCat
do you feel your political views are the only correct ones? most people are like this which is why so many people are independents or dont care for politics because its so insufferable.

sorry to burst your bubble but its not better when you can track flights on the internet legally using flight trackers and people are banned for doing it because musk wants to fly but not have to be tracked ....... thats not freedom. thats dictatorial .

unless you are maga and you want freedom for you and not for everyone.
Ok Kyle.

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang and ncaaky
Musk threatens the journalists position in the Brahmin caste on Twitter. Pre-Musk they were able to act as the purveyors of truth. The New York Times held the reigns as the ultimate fact check.

With Musk at the helm, they are faced with a new reality. That is a direct, and even hostile conflict, with a new sense making node out of their control. Twitter “wins” by becoming a trusted source and apparatus for generating information independent of verification from the old truth making regime.

Kyle isn’t a liberal. He’s just a “follow the popular trend type” of the celebrity and elite media.

It’s people like a wealthy Ivy League grad that’s an online reporter rants about Elon destroying society…people say “yes he’s smart and I agree because all the smart people are saying it”

But if you ask them to substantiate their views further…they can’t really have a civil discussion. Kyle will block or say “you’re wrong because you’re wrong and I shouldn’t have to explain and you’re a bad person!”

I mean for crying out loud, Kyle takes Rex Chapman seriously. Left or right, taking Rex seriously and thinking Rex is a good guy doing good things makes me question Kyle’s intellect.

Great Uk columnist. But he think because he’s a journalist that his views are right and questioning him means you’re overthrowing the govt.

Used to…Journalist pretty much controlled the narrative in print, radio, and TV. They published the stories and there was no pushback. There was no dialogue online. But with the Internet…they mix their personal beliefs with their journalist tag.
Uh, Kyle is a liberal.

Reactions: ncaaky

Now his writing makes more sense to me

Reactions: Cawood86
There's such a weird, tribal pack mentality in America. Having said that, we all know how to use the internet. If you do love his articles and are subbed to his work, it's not impossible to find his stuff if he's not on twitter. It may be a silly decision by him, but I feel some are acting as if no one will be able to find future articles from him now. Twitter is an important part of society and that's not changing, but people can live without it and you can find people's work, whether its writings or art, without the platform.

Trying to keep up with this important story. Is Kyle STILL off Twitter? Or just his media presence?

I thought Musk let the “journalists” back on Twitter because of Kyle’s protest departure. False?

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Would be interesting to see his article stats after dropping Twitter.
I’d have to believe a ton of his clicks were from article links on Twitter…but maybe not

They have to be. At the very least, his professional brand is certainly disappearing which is part of the value to his employer.

That's one profession where social media, at least to some extent, is basically a requirement of the job

Kyle Tucker is just a common smug, coddled, coward. He's unable to defend his untenable ideology in the fair, open arena of thought, so he retreats to the shadows to pout like a baby and prevent his fragile bubble from bursting.

This kind of pu$$y does nothing but maintain echo chamber division. The rest of us will engage and reason through this mess and find a positive way to advance society.

Would be interesting to see his article stats after dropping Twitter.
I’d have to believe a ton of his clicks were from article links on Twitter…but maybe not
I haven’t read a single article of his since he left Twitter. Hell I don’t even open the app unless a story I wanna read is linked elsewhere and it prompts me to open the app. I don’t go purposefully looking for The Athletic articles and Tucker is the ONLY reason I joined so I guess I’m gonna be canceling here soon. I literally have no idea when he writes an article anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT