ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker: Predicting UK's next loss

Cats better be careful. The stretch of VA Tech, UCLA, UL, Tenn and A&M over 3.5 weeks could easily be 3-4 losses if they play like they did against Harvard, Ft. Wayne, etc...

I thought we turned the corner after the UIC game but Harvard is not a good team and that was a rough ending.

Cats better be careful. The stretch of VA Tech, UCLA, UL, Tenn and A&M over 3.5 weeks could easily be 3-4 losses if they play like they did against Harvard, Ft. Wayne, etc...

I thought we turned the corner after the UIC game but Harvard is not a good team and that was a rough ending.

They made a ton of threes and we let our guard down. I think we've seen that our guys bring a different approach when the lights are on.

The Kansas showing was much higher intensity than I expected, even if the execution was ugly. We're executing better now, the focus just isn't always there, which is expected when you play at 1 on Saturday afternoon or the other awful times we've been playing against smaller schools.

We'll find out how good we are and where we're at in that stretch though, for sure. Could easily lose to any of those teams.

Unnecessary post. Your title as Most Negative Poster Ever is safe.

They made a ton of threes and we let our guard down. I think we've seen that our guys bring a different approach when the lights are on.

The Kansas showing was much higher intensity than I expected, even if the execution was ugly. We're executing better now, the focus just isn't always there, which is expected when you play at 1 on Saturday afternoon or the other awful times we've been playing against smaller schools.

We'll find out how good we are and where we're at in that stretch though, for sure. Could easily lose to any of those teams.
VTech apparently can really shoot the three, so that's what might kill us. I don't think UCLA will beat us, nor will UL or UT, but VTech almost looks like a 50/50 toss up right now.

If we make it a top priority to guard the three, this team will win a lot of games. Cal has to force opponents to try and score inside against our incredible length.

I thank Ky getting better each game Harvard shot lights out from 3 pt line, I hope they can improve on that defense, but this team can lose to anyone because of there inexperience ..

I think coach has what he wants physically from a squad but needs for them to fully buy into the concept. Long guards that force you to the interior where we’ve got shot blockers ready to feast. Our interior presence is further along than usual. Tighten up on the perimeter defense and continue to improve positioning and we can beat anyone.

Reactions: Cindog28

Yep I'd say it's hard for freshmen to get pumped playing crap teams especially in the funeral home environment

All the teams we play will play their best because we are UK. Teams that have not been shooting good will have a great night against us. As Cal say we are everyone's super bowl.

Young teams are more likely to play (down) to the level of their competition. I don't think you can judge a team (other than their maturity) on an 8-min stretch of a game.

I am a lot more worried about the stretch of 14 days in January, where they play UT, A&M, and UF. We could lose all 3 of those, or win all 3. Hopefully, Camp Cal will have them ready for that stretch, along with the return of Vanderbilt.

Team is very much a work in progress with very little info with which to gauge the progress or lack thereof as of right now. This week should have helped us but playing better competition is the next step in the growth of this team.

SKJ has looked as though he is ready to contribute over the long haul but that was also the case early last season at this point so we need to see if things are different going forward.

Gabriel looks to be much the same player as he was last year,but he will be called on to play more minutes this time around

Washington has yet to hit his stride,he is still working to find his role in the college game.He need to learn what he can/can't do at this level

I picked out these 3 because I think we have a better idea where we stand with Knox,Green,Alexander,Diallo and to a lesser extent with Richards,how much we get from SKJ,Gabriel and Washington will go a long way to shape how good this team can be

Team is very much a work in progress with very little info with which to gauge the progress or lack thereof as of right now. This week should have helped us but playing better competition is the next step in the growth of this team.

SKJ has looked as though he is ready to contribute over the long haul but that was also the case early last season at this point so we need to see if things are different going forward.

Gabriel looks to be much the same player as he was last year,but he will be called on to play more minutes this time around

Washington has yet to hit his stride,he is still working to find his role in the college game.He need to learn what he can/can't do at this level

I picked out these 3 because I think we have a better idea where we stand with Knox,Green,Alexander,Diallo and to a lesser extent with Richards,how much we get from SKJ,Gabriel and Washington will go a long way to shape how good this team can be
And JV

Kentucky is not going to lose to a team thats main offense is 3 point shooting. Those teams can keep it close if they are hitting but basketball is somewhat simple if you can control the boards, minimize turn-overs, hit free throws, and score in the paint, you are going to win. Where our danger exists is against a team like A and M or a team that has a strong inside presence.

While VA Tech shoots a high % from 3, they actually only take an average number of 3s.

Right now they are 1st in NCAA in effective shooting %, 5th in 3pt FG % and 8th in 2pt FG% so they can shoot it well from anywhere.

Furthermore, they rank 3rd in the NCAA in drawing fouls and getting to the line.

So they are not a one trick pony here.

If we make it a top priority to guard the three, this team will win a lot of games. Cal has to force opponents to try and score inside against our incredible length.
Kids need to stop worrying about being blown by and (in their minds) embarrassed and just know that their teammates have their backs in the lane. Would prefer them getting under the chin of the perimeter players and prevent / challenge threes than to worry about the perception that they got "beat" off the dribble.

Reactions: chroix
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT