ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker calling it quits. WCS story was his last story.

Always wondered how anyone at his company could be making any money. Hed put out one really thorough story every one or two months while the site only charged $5 per month or something.

No way there are enough subs to pay him anything much if thats his volume. Especially in short attention span of today.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Is it just me or does it seem like recently they have empty phone lines quite often. At one point you couldn't hardly get into the show but I have noticed that this summer, and even since Matt has been back, when they say to go to the phone lines Shannon or Rick will say they don't have anyone waiting on hold.
KSR has pissed off half their fanbase because of their outspoken political beliefs. Good riddance.

Reactions: Fox2monk
1 day away from you saying our Football teams sucks, the players suck, etc....nonstop until we are about to win and then POOF you'll vanish. Then you get an entire season to do the same thing and cripple the basketball game threads under Pope.

Shocked that someone would block you........... :rolleyes:
First time the football team gives up a FG tonight they will be the worst team ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
And immediately politics. SMH.

Tucker has always been very good at covering UK Sports, albeit a little grumpy from time to time. He wasn't afraid to go after Cal in the last couple of years either (when it was needed). Gonna miss him a bit.

But maybe this is a good thing, Pope basically gets a fresh start with new media members as well (minus KSR and a few others).
Yes it's unreal how people who 20 years ago didn't give a rats ass about politics, but now it totally consumes their every thought. So much so that a guy retiring from a job completely unrelated to politics is somehow a chance for these clowns to inject politics.

Good luck to the guy. He was a wimp when it came to taking public criticism and for a while was a Cal butt hugger, but he still dedicated his life to covering UK sports. Gotta at least give him that.

Reactions: ganner918
Yes it's unreal how people who 20 years ago didn't give a rats ass about politics, but now it totally consumes their every thought. So much so that a guy retiring from a job completely unrelated to politics is somehow a chance for these clowns to inject politics.

Good luck to the guy. He was a wimp when it came to taking public criticism and for a while was a Cal butt hugger, but he still dedicated his life to covering UK sports. Gotta at least give him that.
I agree
we can all remember when sports writers and sports radio hosts would push sports and not their political views, then ban or block anyone that disagrees

i go to sports forums to talk sports
i go to political forums to talk politics

Really too bad that a thread about a guy leaving the UK coverage world is getting hit with such vitriol. People crying that he blocked them from his own feed as if they would have acted differently if it was their feed. This is Maga and right wing hate radio and fox to its full effect. Anything outside the cult thinking is met with anger and rage. I have a neighbor that won't talk to his circle of neighbors anymore because we're not Trumpers. Politics is all he thinks about, sitting with his garage door open and his hate radio blaring. When we approach him he quickly just shuts his garage door. Last Christmas he would not answer the door when my wife tried to bring him cookies. Maybe when trump goes away things will improve, atleast that is what we hope.

Whether one agreed with Kyle's politics or not, the UK beat definitely took a large hit with him leaving.

There is a need for fan media like KSR, Rivals, Sea of Blue, etc. but I would argue there is an even bigger need for legitimate journalism with actual craft. Kyle's writing could be a little flowery to my taste at times, but he was absolutely a legitimate writer who could craft a sentence and if he said something as fact in his articles, it could be taken as fact.

For the last little bit it felt like him and Matt Jones (and JR when it came to football) were the only ones especially plugged in.

I'll miss his perspective on the team.

Really too bad that a thread about a guy leaving the UK coverage world is getting hit with such vitriol. People crying that he blocked them from his own feed as if they would have acted differently if it was their feed. This is Maga and right wing hate radio and fox to its full effect. Anything outside the cult thinking is met with anger and rage. I have a neighbor that won't talk to his circle of neighbors anymore because we're not Trumpers. Politics is all he thinks about, sitting with his garage door open and his hate radio blaring. When we approach him he quickly just shuts his garage door. Last Christmas he would not answer the door when my wife tried to bring him cookies. Maybe when trump goes away things will improve, atleast that is what we hope.
Trump went away four years ago. Is the country better off now or when Trump was in? If you can honestly say now then continue sticking your head in the sand and watch your bank account dwindle away to pay for a bunch of illegals that’ll vote for the person you obviously support.

Reactions: Cleatortoises
Trump went away four years ago. Is the country better off now or when Trump was in? If you can honestly say now then continue sticking your head in the sand and watch your bank account dwindle away to pay for a bunch of illegals that’ll vote for the person you obviously support.
Respectfully disagree with every single sentence you put forward.

Is it just me or does it seem like recently they have empty phone lines quite often. At one point you couldn't hardly get into the show but I have noticed that this summer, and even since Matt has been back, when they say to go to the phone lines Shannon or Rick will say they don't have anyone waiting on hold.
The show has gotten less and less call-in driven over the years, you used to have a cast of characters who called in regularly. Now it's more that they'll have certain planned segments where they want to get people's opinions on some specific topic. Makes sense that people quit calling just for whatever reason if they're going to sit on hold forever, or be discouraged from talking about whatever nonsense they have in mind (and Matt is not very patient with callers). It's more of a "listen to Matt and crew discuss things, have some interviews and guests, occasionally take some calls on "what do you think about topic x?"

LOL, you didn't say anything about the other half of the country that LITERALLY meets every differring opinion with anger, rage, censorship and destruction. lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT