ADVERTISEMENT

Ky. State baseball Final 4 tonight ...

Apr 9, 2016
Hazard vs St. X @ 6:00 pm,, followed by Highlands vs McCracken Co. @ 8:30 pm. Hazard has a huge task in St. X who are 35-2 coming in, but I am rooting for the Bulldogs, as they are in my neck of the woods !

St. X versus Highlands @ 7:00 pm tonight ( Saturday ), I saw where the X pitcher is headed to Cincy, and the guy who hit the solo HR last night for the Tigers is going to Purdue.

Congrats to St. X winning the state tournament, defeated Highlands 10-6 tonight. St. x Tigers finish the season 36-2, one heck of a record and season !!

Reactions: KDcats11
I played HS baseball in the early '70's at Prestonsburg High. We were good but what separated most mountain teams like us from larger schools was pitching. We had one pitcher that was an ace but the other teams we played from larger schools had 2-3. We played Rowan County in 1971 in the regional at Morehead State and they beat us 10-0. They either won state or finished second but I can't remember back that far. Paintsville was always very good especially for an Eastern Kentucky team where you're lucky to get 20 games in a season.

ADVERTISEMENT