ADVERTISEMENT

KU #1 in preseason AP poll

Can’t be completely unbiased then. They have talent up and down and also go 10 deep. Both Lawson’s are good but one is all American good just like Reid, the pg transfer started at pg for California and was very good as a freshman. The big kid returns, Grimes is a one and done, Dotson is a top 25 kid, they return the wing who’s name escapes me who will start at sf. I’d have a issue with anyone else above UK in a preseason poll but I can understand KU being there.

I’d have zero issue if UK was number 1 either
Glaring lack of comment on De Sousa :D

Can’t be completely unbiased then. They have talent up and down and also go 10 deep. Both Lawson’s are good but one is all American good just like Reid, the pg transfer started at pg for California and was very good as a freshman. The big kid returns, Grimes is a one and done, Dotson is a top 25 kid, they return the wing who’s name escapes me who will start at sf. I’d have a issue with anyone else above UK in a preseason poll but I can understand KU being there.

I’d have zero issue if UK was number 1 either

Polls do not really matter until time to make brackets, anyway. If we beat Duke, UNC, and KU, the polls will take care of themselves.

. The pac 12 is pretty similar to the aac te last few years. But if Reid gets 12/6 we have Pj as a aa candidate at forward. If Lawson only gets 12/6 who is going to be Kansas’s Pj? I don’t think our ranking hinges on Reid being a 20/10 guy. I do however think Kansas needs Lawson to be a 20/10 guy to be top 4

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
The ncaa has become corrupt and worthless

94-E1-C8-CA-1082-440-E-8796-F4-CA1-F5271-E6.jpg

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
More talented? They lost Devonte Graham, Svi, and Newman. I don't get why people think that the guys they have coming in are more talented than that group. They will have much more depth in the frontcourt, but the backcourt lost a TON of experience and talent. And De Sousa isn't going to play if Self has half a brain.

Forgot Jackson was previous year. Still think they lost more than they gained.
Just an opinion. Feel free to disagree with it. I don't care.

I just happen to think that Quentin Grimes, Dedrick and K.J. Lawson represent a talent upgrade over Graham, Newman, and Svi. Kansas will be good this year. They will likely win the 5,000th Big-12 title for whatever that's worth. Overall, I'm not concerned about Kansas this year. We get our shot at them in January at home, so we will be able to judge for ourselves whether or not there has been a talent upgrade.

Get used to seeing this **

But look on the bright side, now Kansas, Indiana, Duke, Unc, and Louisville can all keep screaming about UK together. Cheaters vs. non cheate(r). It should be a pre season tournament. We’ll take you all.

Probably not, just like they probably don't take into consideration that Azubuike is made out of glass. De Sousa is a luxury, but if Azubuike doesn't play big minutes...that is season-altering for Kansas.

Kansas has 5-star big man (and I mean big) David McCormack from Oak Hill playing behind Azubuike. He is a solid backup to have for a guy like Azubuike.

At Memphis, both of the Lawson boys played inside so if Kansas 'lost' De Sousa as Lawson's backup, they could put Vick as the SF and play any combo of Moore, Dotson, and Grimes in the backcourt.

Don't forget, they have Lightfoot (4-star F from AZ), Garrett (4-star from Dallas), and Agbaji (4-star from KC) too. They have a lot of depth even up to 13 deep.

I think Vick will be their leading scorer this season, but there will be 4-5 of them all grouped together.

Last edited:
Isn’t that the same case with Reid? Both were stars on their other team and now go to teams that have a lot of talent

PAC-12 (power 5 conference) is way above C-USA is terms of talent. Lawson and Travis don't compare at all in this regard.

I'm not suggesting Lawson will have his averages cut in half, they may or may not, but the scenario mentioned doesn't apply to Reid as it does Lawson.

Just an opinion. Feel free to disagree with it. I don't care.

I just happen to think that Quentin Grimes, Dedrick and K.J. Lawson represent a talent upgrade over Graham, Newman, and Svi. Kansas will be good this year. They will likely win the 5,000th Big-12 title for whatever that's worth. Overall, I'm not concerned about Kansas this year. We get our shot at them in January at home, so we will be able to judge for ourselves whether or not there has been a talent upgrade.

This could be the team that resembles one of my favorite all time teams.....1993-1994 Arkansas Razorback team

That's not an upgrade Gossie, they will miss all the shooting, scoring, and experience that Graham, Newman, and Svi had last season.. I am still not convinced that Self can win with freshman gaurds, even though Grimes is very good..

I'm guessing Kansas was ranked number 1 without the knowledge of the De Sosa not playing.

And why is Cedric Lawson being Crowned King already?

Kansas is ranked pre-season #1 in NCAA Men's College Basketball and is also ranked #1 as the NCAA College Basketball team that is in the deepest doo doo with the FBI and NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT