ADVERTISEMENT

KU #1 in preseason AP poll

Think De Sousa will lace 'em up this year?

Being completely unbiased, I don't see how their line up is even close to ours. They must think the Lawsons are going to be incredible.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07

Being completely unbiased, I don't see how their line up is even close to ours. They must think the Lawsons are going to be incredible.

Kansas is going to be good. Even without De Sousa they will be solid. The one Lawson kid is a player. I would say 1 thru 10 we are superior...1 thru 7 is pretty even.

I just wonder if the voters took into consideration that DeSousa may/should be ineligible?

Probably not, just like they probably don't take into consideration that Azubuike is made out of glass. De Sousa is a luxury, but if Azubuike doesn't play big minutes...that is season-altering for Kansas.

18876743.gif

I don't have a problem with this. Kansas just went to the Final Four last year, and this team is more talented than their roster last year. They still have Bill Self as a coach, and he rarely has quality tournament runs in back-to-back years.

Reminds me of 2011/12 when we started #2 behind UNC.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
ESPN’s headline for it reads, “Kansas leads Kentucky in AP preseason top 25”. The way they phrased that is hilarious. Also made note of how Kansas “nearly doubled” up Kentucky in first place votes. ESPN is a joke. Goes to show when you’re on top, everyone tries to tear you down.

Ah, Kansas will have to come to Lexington this year and we will show them who is the best. I'm not worried about this or any other preseason poll. The only one that even slightly bothered me was the one where some guy ranked UK behind like 7-8 other teams. I can't even remember who that was, so you can see I'm not really THAT bothered. It will all sort itself out, though, soon enough.

I don't have a problem with this. Kansas just went to the Final Four last year, and this team is more talented than their roster last year. They still have Bill Self as a coach, and he rarely has quality tournament runs in back-to-back years.

Reminds me of 2011/12 when we started #2 behind UNC.

More talented? They lost Devonte Graham, Svi, and Newman. I don't get why people think that the guys they have coming in are more talented than that group. They will have much more depth in the frontcourt, but the backcourt lost a TON of experience and talent. And De Sousa isn't going to play if Self has half a brain.

Forgot Jackson was previous year. Still think they lost more than they gained.

They should be on probation pending a full investigation by the NCAA - IF we lived in a society that actually enforced policies in a consistent manner. Unfortunately, if this were a smaller school, that school would already have representatives on campus conducting a full scale investigation of any impropriety.

This is an FBI related trial with serious evidence of recruiting violations and the NCAA remains unengaged? Time for the power conferences to pull together and override any NCAA interference. They are officially impotent and ineffective.

They are banking on Lawson being really really good. What happens if his 19/10 at Memphis only translates to 12/6 in a major conference? Are they #1?

They should be on probation pending a full investigation by the NCAA - IF we lived in a society that actually enforced policies in a consistent manner. Unfortunately, if this were a smaller school, that school would already have representatives on campus conducting a full scale investigation of any impropriety.

This is an FBI related trial with serious evidence of recruiting violations and the NCAA remains unengaged? Time for the power conferences to pull together and override any NCAA interference. They are officially impotent and ineffective.

The ncaa has become corrupt and worthless

Can’t be completely unbiased then. They have talent up and down and also go 10 deep. Both Lawson’s are good but one is all American good just like Reid, the pg transfer started at pg for California and was very good as a freshman. The big kid returns, Grimes is a one and done, Dotson is a top 25 kid, they return the wing who’s name escapes me who will start at sf. I’d have a issue with anyone else above UK in a preseason poll but I can understand KU being there.

I’d have zero issue if UK was number 1 either

Isn’t that the same case with Reid? Both were stars on their other team and now go to teams that have a lot of talent

They are banking on Lawson being really really good. What happens if his 19/10 at Memphis only translates to 12/6 in a major conference? Are they #1?

ADVERTISEMENT