ADVERTISEMENT

KSR

drainthatub

Senior
Feb 25, 2007
I know it will probably turn into a bash Matt Jones thread, etc., but just wondering if anybody else out there thinks it has kind of ran it's course and seen better days?

I used to go to the site religiously and wouldn't miss one story on there, and also listened to the show every chance I got. Now I may go check out the "top 10 tweets of the day" and that's about it. Also haven't listened to the show in over a year.

I have no idea about their numbers and all that, but I'd be willing to bet Matt will turn to politics in the very near future as I have a feeling the "fad" isn't what it used to be. I enjoy coming to CI more than the other site now days. Just curious about some other opinions so as UMM would say, Thoughts??

I check his site daily for some of the latest new on all UK athletics but that's just me.

Couldn't tell you. I haven't been on that site in years and haven't listen to the show for just as long.

giphy.gif

I don't read the site or the twitter account anymore but that's more an overall decline in my non-essential interweb time.

Radio show in season for basketball and football is fantastic. Really a lot of the off season stuff too. STD has been great. UL stuff has been great. The guest hosts/vacation time is pretty thin and I tune out.

Could be you're just getting older and busy with other stuff? Priorities change a little maybe?

I basically quit twitter over two years ago. Still have account but go on there only when breaking news that I want to see or a particular persons take on an issue.

Really just go to their site nowadays for Freddie, Nick and Jacks takes on football. Other than that I just scan past the other posts.

Really enjoy the radio show and listen via podcast nearly every day. Play them on 1-1/2 speed so it doesn't take as long and knock most of it out on morning jog. Big fan of the radio show. Always entertaining!

I listen to it fairly regularly if I am in the office when it's on. I subscribe to the website's RSS feed. I never read much of what is posted but I read an article from time to time.

I live in Louisville so I don't get a lot of pro-UK coverage on the radio. So I get most of my Kentucky news and info from KSR and on this site.

Matt might go into politics but it won't be because KSR has ran it's course. The radio ratings are huge. On big news days, it's the largest streamed radio show in the country.

Reactions: roguemocha
I don't waste as much time on various sites anymore. I have been on this site since the beginning and it is pretty much enough for me to get my UK info. The only thing else I do is get tweets sent to me as text messages to get breaking news. I only go to that site when forced to from a vague tweet with a link.

I also am rarely in my car and so I never turn it to a few minutes worth of talk radio. I prefer to listen to music. I only listen to their radio show if I am in my car before or after a game. I've never listened to their daily show or podcasts. I prefer just to get a quick summary of news over listening to it for hours.

I guess I can't really answer the original question since I've never been much of a listener/reader of theirs.

I wish and am waiting for the "Matt Jones Cooks Kentucky" show..............

My dad calls me up to complain about Matt Jones, but he listens and goes to the site religiously.

It really is the spot for UK related info. It would suck having to fill the April through August time period, however. Well, at least when UofL isn't going through the NCAA ringer.

I like the show and listen to it when I can. Even like the off topic discussions. But when they try to be funny it becomes a little awkward.

Drain i would have thought you would be playing in the Ky Am golf tournament. (i know, you did not want to tee it up with scrubs like them)

I mean your rounds would smoke those fools. -8 ?? pssst, you could do that using driver, 7 iron, putter.

I check the KSR site daily but never listen to Matt's show because he is a tool. As for MJ entering politics, I don't know where he could possibly win. The only place where a liberal democrat like him holds a congressional seat in KY is the Louisville district. No way he could win over the UL fans in Jefferson Co. Same goes for any statewide office. Maybe he could be a state rep or low level judge but that is about it.

Drain i would have thought you would be playing in the Ky Am golf tournament. (i know, you did not want to tee it up with scrubs like them)

I mean your rounds would smoke those fools. -8 ?? pssst, you could do that using driver, 7 iron, putter.
Pssst, i just don't like teeing it up with scrubs like you. Keep practicing, maybe you'll break 80 once in your life..

Yeah, but the difference in you and me, i keep it real. No lying about abilities and ducking out on games. Sad, you have to build a internet image for yourself and then no show. Congrats bruh, you are a legend.

I know it will probably turn into a bash Matt Jones thread, etc., but just wondering if anybody else out there thinks it has kind of ran it's course and seen better days?

I used to go to the site religiously and wouldn't miss one story on there, and also listened to the show every chance I got. Now I may go check out the "top 10 tweets of the day" and that's about it. Also haven't listened to the show in over a year.

I have no idea about their numbers and all that, but I'd be willing to bet Matt will turn to politics in the very near future as I have a feeling the "fad" isn't what it used to be. I enjoy coming to CI more than the other site now days. Just curious about some other opinions so as UMM would say, Thoughts??

A lot of people say the same thing about this site...

The site likely doesn't get as many "multiple visitors", meaning, people who check multiple times per day. But it undoubtedly has more "unique visitors". Those who are the most ardent uk fans probably don't go as much but those who aren't as passionate now visit when they didn't 4 or 5 years ago.

He has a place. But he's not the devil
Or saint some in our fanbase make him out to be. He's an entertainer.

I am beyond embarrassed to admit it, but I have listened to his show the passed few weeks. I am a Matt Jones hater but will confess that I don't hate him as much after listening to the show lately. I mean it's radio you can listen to while working that is UK sports related. As for the site, it's watered down with inexpierienced writers sharing politically correct views about stories I don't really care about. I check it for breaking news and that's it.

I agree, but I still like Matt, but its gotten to a point where its just too Fanboy-ish....and panders to only a certain audience.... and this even includes his show Hey Kentucky. Its boring as shit. He needs some people around him with some diversity of thought. What he did with the Katina Powell interview is essentially why he will never make it nationally, because he has no one around him but yes men.

I mean just look at the reaction to the Pardon My Take guys on the show yesterday. Its like people dont understand what Satire means....

Reactions: goukcatsgo
Only listen to them during football season and the NCAA tournament. Even though Matt knows nothing about football I do think he has tried to get folks on board who do. Freddie has been a really good edition and I do enjoy their gameday broadcasts. Be kind of cool if they could bring Couch on board for the pregame show, but know that he has bigger things going on during that time.

Haven't been to their website in a long time. I do not agree with his politics so I simply did not tune in to listen to his rants. Pretty simple concept.

Listen to it in my office everyday during Football-Basketball season.

Don't see why anyone would bitch about a 2 hour daily UK show? [eyeroll]

Reactions: Hankshaker
I used to go to the site religiously and wouldn't miss one story on there, and also listened to the show every chance I got.

Also haven't listened to the show in over a year.

This is my experience as well. Not trying to hate on Matt as he is a bright guy but I just don't care for the way he talks down to people. Also, Ryan agreeing with everything Matt says is annoying.

I listen to the show daily during football and basketball seasons. I might catch four or five shows in the offseason.

The website has gone down hill. Their writers need copy editors. I see way too many spelling, grammar and AP style errors, but I spent years as a copy editor so it's kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Reactions: ganner918
The radio show is great on podcast. I do a lot of driving and it's a fun show. Everyone hates Ryan lemond but he really doesn't bother me.

Having said that (extreme Larry David voice) I never go to the website. No clue why you would with twitter these days and whatnot. Plus it's a little *too* over the top homerish. The YAHTZEE!!!! posts every time UK gets a 2 star football commitment make me crazy

The radio show /podcast is outstanding!

The web site /blog has declined.

I like both but I like to listen to the show above all.

Amazingly it's one of the top rated radio shows / podcasts in the country.

That's not only a testament to Matt, but also UKs huge and passionate fanbase!

ADVERTISEMENT