ADVERTISEMENT

KSR.. Drew Franklin hints at a transfer shooter!

No not at all. I’m saying you play Mintz at point and Allen at two. And Askew at point to sub out Mintz. And I’m not saying Allen has to play 30 minutes like Askew has been. But Allen should get enough minutes to get in the flow of the game and not be yelled at to shoooooooottttt.

I don’t support one and done at all. I hope you’re smart enough to know there’s another way to build a program.
[/QUOTE]
Then these are the growing pains when you recruit players that take time to develop. I see Calipari doing everything possible to get this team to stay together besides Jackson, Boston and Clarke. The leftovers and plus what we have coming in should be a really good team next year. Although it would be nice to have a guard that can penetrate and make a play.

I don’t support one and done at all. I hope you’re smart enough to know there’s another way to build a program.
Then these are the growing pains when you recruit players that take time to develop. I see Calipari doing everything possible to get this team to stay together besides Jackson, Boston and Clarke. The leftovers and plus what we have coming in should be a really good team next year. Although it would be nice to have a guard that can penetrate and make a play.
[/QUOTE]
Doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s sad that the Kentucky basketball program in this position.

CJ Frederick, a former KY Mr. Basketball, that shoots 46 percent from 3 is probably the guy from Iowa in question.
Why isn’t he here already? Same reason McClung isn’t. And if Cal doesn’t leave Reed Sheppard would be a fool to come here. And it hurts me to say this because Jeff is one of if not my all time favorites.
Cal reminds me of an alcoholic who keeps swearing every time he gets in trouble that he’s going to change and quit drinking. And then when it blows over starts telling everyone,” I don’t have a drinking problem.”
To anyone who thinks Cal will change his philosophy, recruiting, coaching, etc. just look at his substitution patterns this year.
5 star freshman playing max minutes, beat shooter on the roster on the bench, best point guard that is also a veteran player playing the two guard. And then there’s BJ.

Before we announce we are back, remember the #1 transfer last year, didn't turn out great at UK. Maybe these if they decide to come here.

Reactions: Runnin'Ramel
eD2MA7.gif
Um, what’s exactly going on here??

I like Fredrick. He's definitely a shooter, but he's also efficient and doesn't turn the ball over. He's a player. But, I wonder what the reason or theory is that he would leave Iowa? He's started every game since his RS freshman year. They love him and know how valuable he is. I read the coach talking about him and he said Fredrick had the green light anytime, and the article listed stats showing every other starter shot a higher 3 pt. % when Fredrick played (he has been hurt a couple of times and missed 5 or 6 games each year, I think).
Do you actually think that Coach Cal would play Fredrick even if he did come here ?

Do you actually think that Coach Cal would play Fredrick even if he did come here ?
Yes. But after watching him again, he is more limited than I thought, and I think strictly a role player. Would be happy if he transferred to UK (although I still don't understand why he would), but I think there will end up being a few better options for a transfer starting 2G. Mintz for one. But UK needs at least one other 2G to come in next season even if Mintz comes back.

ADVERTISEMENT