ADVERTISEMENT

KSR.. Drew Franklin hints at a transfer shooter!

Mar 25, 2004
I posted this on Powell’s thread but wanted to get thoughts on his suggestion that Iowa’s CJ Frederick, a former Ky Mr. Basketball, and solid outside shooter could be a possible transfer for next season to UK.

I think it would be a huge addition. I hope Drew has some good info.

Also, Justin Powell’s name came up and basically the thought was don’t count anything out.

Justin was playing well before the concussion.

CJ and Powell, one or both, would be significant pick ups and definitely help upgrade our outside shooting.

Any thoughts? And Go Cats beat those Gators.. keep it going!

daffy_fapping.gif

Fredrick shot 46.1 percent from 3 a season ago on 4 attempts per game and is shooting 51.6 percent from distance on three long range attempts per game this year. He's basically what UK fans believe Dontaie Allen can become, which is at worst a sniper from long range to compliment the stars on the floor. Powell would be an even better get.

I saw on the ESPN ticker the other day that two guards are transferring from Pitt. A pg and a 2 guard.

Xavier Johnson is the point guard, Au'diese Toney is the 2 guard. I read on Pitt's Rivals board that Johnson was clashing with the coaching staff and was uncoachable. Not sure about Toney, but it's a bad look for Jeff Capel.

Not sure if UK will be interested in either since they aren't knockdown outside shooters, but they should be able to land at solid programs being 14 PPG scorers in a high major conference.

I like Fredrick. He's definitely a shooter, but he's also efficient and doesn't turn the ball over. He's a player. But, I wonder what the reason or theory is that he would leave Iowa? He's started every game since his RS freshman year. They love him and know how valuable he is. I read the coach talking about him and he said Fredrick had the green light anytime, and the article listed stats showing every other starter shot a higher 3 pt. % when Fredrick played (he has been hurt a couple of times and missed 5 or 6 games each year, I think).

Reactions: Mr.Morris
Hoping for Iowa and Pitt players to transfer to Kentucky to field a competitive team. Do y’all not see how sad this is? This is unacceptable and definitely NOT Kentucky basketball.
So you support the one and done? If not then what’s wrong having some experience on the team?

I posted this on Powell’s thread but wanted to get thoughts on his suggestion that Iowa’s CJ Frederick, a former Ky Mr. Basketball, and solid outside shooter could be a possible transfer for next season to UK.

Also, Justin Powell’s name came up and basically the thought was don’t count anything out.

CJ and Powell, one or both, would be significant pick ups and definitely help upgrade our outside shooting.

They will get one minute per game and get yanked after the other team scores...regardless if its not their man.

do you really believe cal will play him ?

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I have absolutely no faith in any transfers, 5 stars, 4 stars, reclassifies, grad transfers, none of it. Cal’s system is broken and I don’t care if Lebron James transferred in next year, Cal would find a way to make him look like Kevin Galloway. He ruins almost everyone anymore.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
We have an excellent shooter, but Cal refuses to play him and put him in a position to exceed. He’d rather play Askew for 30+ minutes than give a KY kid the benefit. And when Allen does get in the game, you have Cal screaming at him to shoot even if he’s not open.

Reactions: Mr.Morris
So you support the one and done? If not then what’s wrong having some experience on the team?

Recruit them out of HIGH SCHOOL, and then don't push them out the door, because they don't go to the NBA after one year. Other teams who are successful, recruit that way. If you can't see that Cal's way is not working, then no one on here can explain it to you. You refuse to listen and acknowledge it. 12 years, NUMBER 1 recruiting class, one Championship, no FF in the last 6 years, FIRST losing season in over 100 years, First coach to not go to the BIG DANCE, TWICE since we went to 64 teams. PATHETIC! Now convince all of us who love UK, more than the coach, how great he is. These are facts, which a lot of Cal fans can't stand.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Hoping for Iowa and Pitt players to transfer to Kentucky to field a competitive team. Do y’all not see how sad this is? This is unacceptable and definitely NOT Kentucky basketball.
Nobody's leaving Iowa. They are a likely FF team. Slow news day at KSR.

I dont think Allen is the right example to use here..

But I agree with some that these transfers need to go to Cal and say "I'm not a 5 star, why should I come here?". Im all for this transfer, or any of a quality player, but if they don't play, whats the point?

78 team had a Purdue transfer.

96 team had Washington and Ohio State transfers.

98 team had a Manhattan transfer.

2012 team had a junior college transfer.

If they’re good enough, I don’t give a shit where they come from.

We have an excellent shooter, but Cal refuses to play him and put him in a position to exceed. He’d rather play Askew for 30+ minutes than give a KY kid the benefit. And when Allen does get in the game, you have Cal screaming at him to shoot even if he’s not open.
Are you saying that you want Allen to take the point guard role?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT