ADVERTISEMENT

Knox quit

then if he acted like that then tomorrow at practice he and several run their asses off. DAM stop being so nice they are sticking it up your butt and making you look bad

Removing him from the game took all of our offense away. Our offense for better or worse is Alexander to the goal and Knox outside with an occasional Wenyen slam.

For this team to win another regular game this season will take a miracle.Bama,Florida,Arkansas and Missouri will be difficult for this team to beat.Missouri and Florida have already beat them and Arkansas and Bama are away.Things are looking pretty sad for the Cats and when it's all said and done,these guys have quit on Cal.

Obviously, Knox never had to play defense at all in AAU or High School. He looks lazy on defense, but I wonder if it's laziness or just not being alert.
That being said, we needed to run our offense through him and SGA exclusively. Throwing it to Washington on the block rarely worked out well.

How do you know he Quit? Because he did? Doesn't prove anything. Body language? Doesn't prove anything.

Facial expressions might be universal but can you guarantee Knox isn't unique? No you can't.

Knox is fine, he just responds differently.

If they didn't get rough with him he wouldn't have to back down.

You're jealous of his draft pick.

This is about the children. We are changing lives.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
I would have quit too. Almost every game he is the most talented player on the court, and Cal runs zero of the offense through him, has to be frustrating.
You suck then. Your mentality is an AAU one and is the problem with this team. Remember 2012 when Davis had the 4th most shots on the team? If you think you get the most shots because your are "the best" you are a bitch non team player that should sit. Help the team and you will get your shots.

Obviously, Knox never had to play defense at all in AAU or High School. He looks lazy on defense, but I wonder if it's laziness or just not being alert.
That being said, we needed to run our offense through him and SGA exclusively. Throwing it to Washington on the block rarely worked out well.

Lol.

Knox is on the verge of being a sophomore.

He's had Calipari screaming for him to move all year.

His favorite shot is still NBA desperation fade away with 15 on the shot clock.

Knox checked out a long time ago. He's moved on, isn't going to change. The only way he can help us is if he just hits shots all game

How do you know he Quit? Because he did? Doesn't prove anything. Body language? Doesn't prove anything.

Facial expressions might be universal but can you guarantee Knox isn't unique? No you can't.

Knox is fine, he just responds differently.

If they didn't get rough with him he wouldn't have to back down.

You're jealous of his draft pick.

This is about the children. We are changing lives.
Nicely done.

He gave up 8 straight points during that Auburn run that gave them the lead. I don't know if he was pouting because we were able to score without him getting any shots, but he KILLED us on those corner 3's and drives.

I realize he is our best scoring option, but most games he gives up as many or more pt's than he scores.

Cal sat him for not playing defense.

He gave up 8 straight points during that Auburn run that gave them the lead. I don't know if he was pouting because we were able to score without him getting any shots, but he KILLED us on those corner 3's and drives.

I realize he is our best scoring option, but most games he gives up as many or more pt's than he scores.

Cal sat him for not playing defense.
And yet he keeps Diallo in even when it costs us the game.

This whole team quit with 4 minutes to go only down 5. Just like they quit at Texas A&M Saturday. Yeah, Knox quit but so did the rest of the team.

I can't help but wonder if Dakich is playing UK fans when he makes comments like Knox quitting

He knows UK fans are gritting their teeth when he says it.

That said, Is he wrong?

Reactions: morgousky
Cal is going to kill our season messing around with Diallo. He's not ready mentally. I trust Cals judgement, he thinks he will need him, but I don't see it. Take the roster down to 7 guys for the bulk and have Diallo play only when you have to.

You can't protect his NBA status he doesn't have one. If his family cant deal with that then transfer. But it is what it is. Don't take the whole team down because you're being stubborn about it.

I can't help but wonder if Dakich is playing UK fans when he makes comments like Knox quitting

He knows UK fans are gritting their teeth when he says it.

That said, Is he wrong?

You know that's the first thing I thought about when he said that?

But then I thought, nah, it's just right there for the nation to see in black and white. It's always been there, he's soft and appears to be riding his time.

And yet he keeps Diallo in even when it costs us the game.

This game reminded me SLIGHTLY of the Wisconsin game with the Harrison twins because Cal put Hami back in to allow him to gain some confidence and make a play and it failed miserably.

Hami's problem right now is much more than missing shots. He turns it over, gets stuffed on drives to the rim and gets blown by on defense. I can't think of ONE area that he is even decent at right now

Reactions: Fox2monk
for a brief period of time I was on the blame Diallo wagon

and no way would I argue that Diallo doesn't showcase his ability to derail this team. But you can't have 3 others guy just contributing nothing, and no bench to replace them.

Cal said we'd struggle this year. He should have set the bar much , much lower.

I'll say this. I'm going to be skeptical of any 5 star rating from here on out. We don't have a team of 5 stars, regardless of what McDonald's and ESPN tells me.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Cal is going to kill our season messing around with Diallo. He's not ready mentally. I trust Cals judgement, he thinks he will need him, but I don't see it. Take the roster down to 7 guys for the bulk and have Diallo play only when you have to.

You can't protect his NBA status he doesn't have one. If his family cant deal with that then transfer. But it is what it is. Don't take the whole team down because you're being stubborn about it.

Diallo playing has the same parallel to Barbee being on staff on one hand, but also guys like Wall vouching for Cal years after finishing playing for him: loyalty.

Cal’s strength is his weakness. Conversely, K was willing to go skinny dipping with Captain Crispy Cream Capel, and it proved to be hugely beneficial. K will cut a man lose and sell him out to the devil if it means winning 5 more games a season.

Cal won’t go down that road, and we’re seeing a rare case this season where Cal’s strength is also a parallel weakness.

for a brief period of time I was on the blame Diallo wagon

and no way would I argue that Diallo doesn't showcase his ability to derail this team. But you can't have 3 others guy just contributing nothing, and no bench to replace them.

Cal said we'd struggle this year. He should have set the bar much , much lower.

I'll say this. I'm going to be skeptical of any 5 star rating from here on out. We don't have a team of 5 stars, regardless of what McDonald's and ESPN tells me.

The reason I've started to believe Cal isn't really evaluating much on the recruiting trail is because of this type of team.

They don't fit together, it's a roster that is messed together.

Cal needs to expand his recruiting list to the top 50 and evaluate. He has a style that he prefers, and they aren't always in the top 25. Stop taking blue chips just because they're blue chips. And I do believe he does.

Diallo playing has the same parallel to Barbee being on staff on one hand, but also guys like Wall vouching for Cal years after finishing playing for him: loyalty.

Cal’s strength is his weakness. Conversely, K was willing to go skinny dipping with Captain Crispy Cream Capel, and it proved to be hugely beneficial. K will cut a man lose and sell him out to the devil if it means winning 5 more games a season.

Cal won’t go down that road, and we’re seeing a rare case this season where Cal’s strength is also a parallel weakness.

I agree, but Cal is damaging himself. You can be loyal to a fault, and it's happening to him.

He needs to also be loyal to the people who make sure he will make well over 100,000,000 dollars for his family at the University of Kentucky.

Reactions: shep21754
The reason I've started to believe Cal isn't really evaluating much on the recruiting trail is because of this type of team.

They don't fit together, it's a roster that is messed together.

Cal needs to expand his recruiting list to the top 50 and evaluate. He has a style that he prefers, and they aren't always in the top 25. Stop taking blue chips just because they're blue chips. And I do believe he does.

positionless players means you can just recruit a potluck of guys - keep the big guys near the goal, the little guys at the top of key.
Shooting, passing, assists, defending - if they are a 5 star they must be able to do all that right?

positionless players means you can just recruit a potluck of guys - keep the big guys near the goal, the little guys at the top of key.
Shooting, passing, assists, defending - if they are a 5 star they must be able to do all that right?

I just....

Smh.

I don't see how that changes

I'd like to think that next year we'll have every scholarship filled, even if it means JUCO

For this team to win another regular game this season will take a miracle.Bama,Florida,Arkansas and Missouri will be difficult for this team to beat.Missouri and Florida have already beat them and Arkansas and Bama are away.Things are looking pretty sad for the Cats and when it's all said and done,these guys have quit on Cal.

Bama is at home I believe, not away.

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1

Going to ?

*looks up our record... sees 9 losses*

yup.... so I'll continue ... Going to??? its already happening

Reactions: morgousky
I love Alexander’s game, but he dribbles the air out of the ball. Offense would be so much better if they moved it around rather than him doing that.
Sounds like the description of Briscoe for 2 years.

Pouted and disappeared. Quit on the team.
Looked to me like the offense quit running through him. They didn't even attempt to get him the ball for the biggest part of the second half. He may have slacked off, but the team didn't help to get him involved at all.

Reactions: GCASE
Lol.

Knox is on the verge of being a sophomore.

He's had Calipari screaming for him to move all year.

His favorite shot is still NBA desperation fade away with 15 on the shot clock.

Knox checked out a long time ago. He's moved on, isn't going to change. The only way he can help us is if he just hits shots all game

Hes playeed NBA 2K for to long and thinks his 90 college rating will be good everytime!

This game reminded me SLIGHTLY of the Wisconsin game with the Harrison twins because Cal put Hami back in to allow him to gain some confidence and make a play and it failed miserably.

Hami's problem right now is much more than missing shots. He turns it over, gets stuffed on drives to the rim and gets blown by on defense. I can't think of ONE area that he is even decent at right now

He a great Leaper, great at being terrible at passing, dribbling, shooting. He could build houses great with all his bricks.

Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT