ADVERTISEMENT

Knox opinion.

Dec 15, 2010
I'm gonna go against the grain. I always thought it was strange that Cal ask Knox to watch Monk because that it how he would be used at Uk. That made no sense to me because of Diallo, who I assumed would replace Monk. This is not a fact at all, just a guess. But is there a chance that Cal knew that Diallo would not play at UK and has recruited Knox from the beginning as being the shooter this team needs? I'm taking a wild guess that it will be Knox to UK. Got to have a conspiracy theory on Derby Day.

Well that's my thoughts also, but I've read multiple times that Cal ask him to watch how Monk was used. Like I said in my post, makes no sense to me.

Reactions: Wildcat9878
I'm gonna go against the grain. I always thought it was strange that Cal ask Knox to watch Monk because that it how he would be used at Uk. That made no sense to me because of Diallo, who I assumed would replace Monk. This is not a fact at all, just a guess. But is there a chance that Cal knew that Diallo would not play at UK and has recruited Knox from the beginning as being the shooter this team needs? I'm taking a wild guess that it will be Knox to UK. Got to have a conspiracy theory on Derby Day.
I could buy that but I don't know that Knox is as good a shooter as Monk. He may very well be, but i haven't heard that about him. It sure would be nice to have a 6-8 SG, a 6-9 SF, and 6-9 PF who can all handle the ball and score.

I'd be all but shocked if Knox picked UK. Doesn't seem like we've had serious traction for a long time.

I actually don't think that Cal and Diallo ever really contemplated Diallo playing for us next season. In retrospect, by not suiting up and playing for us during the 2nd semester, I think it's fairly clear Diallo was more interested in protecting his 2017 draft stock.

That's not a statement of judgment or meant to impugn him in any way. It's just an observation. I may be wrong.

Reactions: Stonewall12
I actually don't think that Cal and Diallo ever really contemplated Diallo playing for us next season. In retrospect, by not suiting up and playing for us during the 2nd semester, I think it's fairly clear Diallo was more interested in protecting his 2017 draft stock.

That's not a statement of judgment or meant to impugn him in any way. It's just an observation. I may be wrong.

I disagree, but that's why everyone gets to have an opinion.

Reactions: skycorbuk

Knox is not coming to Kentucky. Don't get your hopes up, because it's not happening.

We can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

I'm gonna go against the grain. I always thought it was strange that Cal ask Knox to watch Monk because that it how he would be used at Uk. That made no sense to me because of Diallo, who I assumed would replace Monk. This is not a fact at all, just a guess. But is there a chance that Cal knew that Diallo would not play at UK and has recruited Knox from the beginning as being the shooter this team needs? I'm taking a wild guess wethat it will be Knox to UK. Got to have a conspiracy theory on Derby Day.
I think that quote has been taken out of context a bit. I think Cal preaches the positionless player and he wasn't referring to Knox as a 2 guard but more the three point threat the guy we would use to be our scoring focal point. Doubt he comes here but who knows

Agree with you 100%. He was protecting himself from injury so he could go pro. Sucks, because he would have helped us win #9.

I am under the impression that Knox is a shot hunter, that guy who was looking for a landing place that would give him the green light regardless of situation. Cal's tendency to build teams where shots are, more or less, evenly dispersed was already a knock against us. That fact that Vanderbilt, a superior all-around player, will be in front of him sealed the deal. I think it's down to FSU and Duke, and FSU is more desperate and will promise him more to get him to come.

I'm ok with this because I 1) don't want Ben Simmons 2.0 and 2) I have a ton of confidence in Vanderbilt and (hopefully) Johnson.

Not getting Knox, I would like to see him play for my team but UK doesn't need him. What they need is two of three between Johnson, Bamba, and Diallo.

Reactions: USSLair
Knox is not coming to Kentucky. Don't get your hopes up, because it's not happening.

I hate holding people's feet to the fire but I've never understood why posters, who have no sources other than what they read here and other places, make definitive statements like this one. I never believed we led for Knox at any point and thought we were probably 3rd or 4th on his list, but with Cal at the helm you can never say we're ever 100% out of it with a recruit that has us in his final list of schools.

turkeywildturkey, now you need to make this a tradition and when there is another recruit we really need and appear to be out of the running for, say, "so and so is not coming to UK" and see if it will work again.

ADVERTISEMENT