HICATFAN

All-SEC
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Kailua, Hawaii
Anyone know this about him?

Trash talking is just what Keldon Johnson does

keldon-Johnson-dunk-300x169.jpg

Keldon Johnson (Chet White/UK Athletics Photo)
By LARRY VAUGHT

Normally one would not expect August exhibition games to get chippy. Yet two of Kentucky’s three games in the Bahamas have been just that way.

Sophomore P.J. Washington says there is a common denominator between the altercation in game one and another one Saturday night in UK’s 100-64 win.

“Keldon (Johnson) likes to talk trash. We just got to back him up. That’s the denominator. We just have to back him up,” said Washington. “He is a big-time trash talker.

“Every day in practice, every day even in shootarounds. That’s all he does … just talking about how good he is and others can’t guard him.”

Johnson, who had 15 points, didn’t deny Washington’s comment. If anything, he embraces the trash talking reputation.

“I definitely like to talk trash. Just being the player I am and competitor, it just happens,” Johnson said. “It’s not just in the game. I talk trash in practice, too, to my teammates. I feel like when I do talk trash it gets teammates to another level.
“We are a physical team. We want to be the ones to throw the first punch and see how they react.”

AlohaCat

This team is going to protect their turf. I think it was Quickley that got knocked down and a Bemax player tried to gloat over him when P.J. quickly stepped in to push him out of the way.

Reactions: EliteBlue
this has been widely reported since his high school days so yes I'd say people realize that he runs his mouth.

Skal survived a hurricane.

Willie was a wide receiver.

Add this one to the list of things that are regurgitated infinitely.

The level of intensity last night was insane. As Dakich said, Washington wasnt even letting balls go in the net after a deadball whistle and KJ was up in his opponents grill every second he was in the game. I thought it was incredible to watch. Ive never seen a UK team be so physical, in your face, not let you get what you want even after the whistle is blown in a long long time. Maybe ever.

How did we go from Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison to the nonsense he does now? It's a true American tragedy.
He’s an embarrassing uk fan. He’s should hook up with Ashley. All of his movies are the same he supposed to be coming out in another Oscar worthy performance with Jennifer Aniston. I guess drew Barrymore wasn’t available

this has been widely reported since his high school days so yes I'd say people realize that he runs his mouth.

Skal survived a hurricane.

Willie was a wide receiver.

Add this one to the list of things that are regurgitated infinitely.

Don’t forget to add how Bam got his nickname.

One of the things that most on here said they were glad Barrett went to Duke was because of his trash talking. Lets hope he contains it to the opponents instead causing some kind of turmoil.

One of the things that most on here said they were glad Barrett went to Duke was because of his trash talking. Lets hope he contains it to the opponents instead causing some kind of turmoil.

I never really saw many people saying they’re glad he went to duke Bc of his “trash talking?”

When was this?

Who said this? Name names.

"gee, I really wanted the #1 player in the country, but then I found out he's a trash talker so no thanks!". - no fan EVER

I love everything about KJ. He's probably the best hype man on the bench too.

Quickley/Herro/KJ is an insane offensive combo.

I honestly think you just make things up to be contrary. I don’t think you can find even 1 post wher that is stated much less “most on here”.

At the time everyone on here was pissed we didn't get Barrett. Never saw a word about his ish talking. If you don't want a kid here because he runs his mouth then you need to go cheer for another team. Any time highly competitive elite athletes are competing there IS going to be ish talking, just part of it.

No.

Of course they talk crap on the court in practice. Every day. Then after practice they're boys...pretty common and will help guys to build a thick skin bc they're used to having KJ in their ear.

Guys feed off of a teammate that isn't scared to talk some shit and not back down. He can count me as a fan.

I never really saw many people saying they’re glad he went to duke Bc of his “trash talking?”

When was this?
Last year was a bad recruiting run after UK lost out on RJ Zion Bol Romeo. After those guys commit elsewhere this board goes into "they aren't that good anyway" mode. Zion can't shoot, RJ trash talks, Romeo got paid, Bol is tall and unathletic. Its just natural for the people to not like it when a recruit chooses another school (especially Duke) and downplay their ability. Also I haven't heard the trash talking on RJ barrett, just that he was difficult to play with on his HS teams.

Fwiw Im glad recruiting worked out the way it did, because I love the attitude of this team and the group dynamic as well as how they seem to play off each other. Idk if that would've happened if we had a true "superstar" like RJ, Zion, Romeo, Bol because of their Egos. This team just has a bunch of really good players that attack relentlessly. If we add one of those superstars we may miss on Herro, EJ, KJ, Reid. I like my team.

Last edited:
Last year was a bad recruiting run after UK lost out on RJ Zion Bol Romeo. After those guys commit elsewhere this board goes into "they aren't that good anyway" mode. Zion can't shoot, RJ trash talks, Romeo got paid, Bol is tall and unathletic. Its just natural for the people to not like it when a recruit chooses another school (especially Duke) and downplay their ability. Also I haven't heard the trash talking on RJ barrett, just that he was difficult to play with on his HS teams.

Fwiw Im glad recruiting worked out the way it did, because I love the attitude of this team and the group dynamic as well as how they seem to play off each other. Idk if that would've happened if we had a true "superstar" like RJ, Zion, Romeo, Bol because of their Egos. This team just has a bunch of really good players that attack relentlessly.
You can add Herro to that list as well. He would of fit in perfect at puke. Glad we got him at the 11th hour. Also, we probably wouldn’t of got Travis either

You can add Herro to that list as well. He would of fit in perfect at puke. Glad we got him at the 11th hour. Also, we probably wouldn’t of got Travis either
Id kill myself if Herro was on Duke. He's far past where I thought he'd be in August offensively, still work to do defensively(I mean it is August) and he will improve. A gun off the bench that can provide an instant spark

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
ADVERTISEMENT