ADVERTISEMENT

Kiyaunte Goodwin status?

Kats meow

Blue Chip Prospect
Nov 16, 2021
He visited Florida last weekend. I had read that if he wanted to go to Florida he had to enroll yesterday. I haven’t seen any info on his decision.

He is listed in the Florida student directory, looks like someone pulled some strings and made it happen. Good luck with that. Overhyped with zero production, he’s the perfect Florida Gator.

Last edited:
Reactions: southindycat
He is listed in the Florida student directory, looks like someone pulled some strings and made it happen. Good luck with that. Overhyped with zero production, he’s the perfect Florida Gator.

That seems to be the case, now. Admissions pulled some strings for him, not a big deal all 14 of of us do it. But imo, if he starts they are in big trouble on the OL.

Florida must have told him that they’d dedicate 1 of their 100 staff members solely to him.

I wish him luck honestly. He has transformed his body before when he was devoted so hopefully he can do it again.

Reactions: Girthang
That means UF is on the hook for his education,right.

That seems to be the case, now. Admissions pulled some strings for him, not a big deal all 14 of of us do it. But imo, if he starts they are in big trouble on the OL.
Goodwin has four remaining seasons of eligibility. He is a project, and he won't make progress if he can't follow an athlete's diet and workout schedule. But four years is a long time. It is possible that the kid may feel some urgency now. But it is also possible that he doesn't. Goodwin is not leader material. He will probably need someone to lead him around and spoon feed him for a while. It doesn't look good for him, but some people need a change of scenery. In this case, as far from Louisville as possible.

Goodwin has four remaining seasons of eligibility. He is a project, and he won't make progress if he can't follow an athlete's diet and workout schedule. But four years is a long time. It is possible that the kid may feel some urgency now. But it is also possible that he doesn't. Goodwin is not leader material. He will probably need someone to lead him around and spoon feed him for a while. It doesn't look good for him, but some people need a change of scenery. In this case, as far from Louisville as possible.

4 years is a long time, of course he could develope, but his complete lack of bend and poor feet he displayed in his limited time on the field at UK, he won't be ready by fall and that is their fan expectation.

4 years is a long time, of course he could develope, but his complete lack of bend and poor feet he displayed in his limited time on the field at UK, he won't be ready by fall and that is their fan expectation.
That is certainly true. This is not an impact transfer. If he develops, I would guess it might take him a couple of years because you can't just go from his current physical condition to SEC playing shape in a couple of months. There is a lot for him to learn in another new system. It will take him some time, and he would have to show some discipline and work ethic that he has not shown yet. More likely, he may get discouraged and try to transfer again. But you never know what is going on inside someone else's head.

I thought he played in EVERY game on the FG and EP team. If so, wouldn't he ONLY have 3 years of eligibility remaining?

Or did Stoops pull him after the 4th game to maintain a Red-shirt year???

I could have sworn I saw him play in more than 4 games.

Reactions: Catluv
You never know what will motivate someone.

Some people need someone to be angry with to get things done. Some need to prove others wrong. Some need their hands held, and others will only do what's expected or demanded of them. Not every coaching style works for everyone these days.

I hope for his sake he figures it out, and that his motivation has to come from inside, or life is really gonna suck for him down the road. He may simply have not wanted to be here. Glad he's not, if that's the case

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
I think he has 3 years of eligibility left.

Reactions: zcats and cathouse
I thought he played in EVERY game on the FG and EP team. If so, wouldn't he ONLY have 3 years of eligibility remaining?

Or did Stoops pull him after the 4th game to maintain a Red-shirt year???

I could have sworn I saw him play in more than 4 games.
You're right, has 3 years left and is RS eligible.

Reactions: zcats and catben
Being late, he'll have a tuff time passing chemistry. physics, & calculus this semester.
Chances of your average college football player at Florida (or any SEC school) taking those classes would be about the same as my chances of making into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for air guitar

Reactions: zcats
I hope it all works out for him.

But as to UF, their desperation to fill O-line slots might be demonstrated by both UK and U of L’s apparent lack of urgency in retaining or getting his services.
Two starters went pro and two transferred. Think they may have gotten a couple of transfers in. So I would say with that and their QB situation they are in trouble. JMO

Chances of your average college football player at Florida (or any SEC school) taking those classes would be about the same as my chances of making into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for air guitar
My cousin was average. Started three seasons for UK at LB, graduated in Mechnical Engineering, & became president of a power company.

Even if he turns it around physically and mentally, and is all SEC at tackle in 2023....UK beats Florida in week 5, and has a better win/loss record

Sure sounds like he had very little interest from the portal. Then transferred with zero fanfare or mention.

Should be a big wake up call.

I think when he was at Aspirations, Chris Vaughn took him under his wing, hell I think he even dated his mom or something (not sure of that, just thought I read that somewhere) Either way Vaughn became a defacto dad to KG and was able to be on him day in and day out working on his conditioning and getting him ready for College. Going to college and getting away from that influence can very easily be the downfall. Without that near 24/7 watchful eye it's easy for kids who lacked that discipline to follow through with maintaining that level of commitment.

I think when he was at Aspirations, Chris Vaughn took him under his wing, hell I think he even dated his mom or something (not sure of that, just thought I read that somewhere) Either way Vaughn became a defacto dad to KG and was able to be on him day in and day out working on his conditioning and getting him ready for College. Going to college and getting away from that influence can very easily be the downfall. Without that near 24/7 watchful eye it's easy for kids who lacked that discipline to follow through with maintaining that level of commitment.

Very surprising if true...not very comparable to the resources they dedicate to education/keeping academically eligible...

My cousin was average. Started three seasons for UK at LB, graduated in Mechnical Engineering, & became president of a power company.
A college FB player who graduates with a BSME is NOT average. Many, many players major in sports management, general business, etc., not engineering. Good for your cousin but the 'average' CFB player is not an engineering major.

Reactions: Kats meow and UKat1

Well, I am betting that was a long time ago, and even today, it obviously does happen every once in a while, and those are for sure feel good stories, but those kind of true scholar athletes are few and far between in big time college sports these days.

Reactions: vhcat70
Two starters went pro and two transferred. Think they may have gotten a couple of transfers in. So I would say with that and their QB situation they are in trouble. JMO

They are expecting/hoping to grab another QB transfer after spring practice. But that isn't a sure thing. They got the kid from Wisconsin already and most QBs leaving one school is looking for a sure thing at the 2nd.

They are expecting/hoping to grab another QB transfer after spring practice. But that isn't a sure thing. They got the kid from Wisconsin already and most QBs leaving one school is looking for a sure thing at the 2nd.
Is Mertz and Miller the only two they have now or is Brown still there?

The two most disappointing 5 star we ever signed was Goodwin and Elam. At the time both were thought to be future stars here. I can’t believe that the two we got were not even able to get on the field much, at least Elam stuck it out.
Next time we sign a big 5 star lineman we need to limit their wildcard swipes at the buffet downstairs.

Reactions: jgraf_1
Is Mertz and Miller the only two they have now or is Brown still there?
Haven't seen Brown's name mentioned but that may not mean much. Mertz and Miller are who they talk about and aren't excited about either. They missed on several other portal QBs and are looking to grab one the 2nd portal season.

The two most disappointing 5 star we ever signed was Goodwin and Elam. At the time both were thought to be future stars here. I can’t believe that the two we got were not even able to get on the field much, at least Elam stuck it out.

I don't want to put blame on the kid, or coaches but on the ones handing out stars. Kids have zero to to with that. Neither were very athletic, neither had much bend and both had some bad weight. Sure they could have improved in all of those areas, but we're far from being ready to compete for playing time day 1 like many fans were expecting.

I hope he succeeds, but it will be at guard, IMO, and not OT.
It is going to be interesting to see this play out.

He better learn to bend pretty quick if he is going to get on the field any time soon.

I think Florida will have him at Right Guard before the end of Spring practice and he will gladly accept that role, imo.

Ray Charles could see KG was going to the Portal. As bad as our O line was this past year, Yenser and Stoops should have used him other than ST enough that he could see for himself where he needed to improve.

Oh well. We shall find out if he has what it takes to play in the SEC.

Next man up.

He said he liked that FL has two OL coaches and he also likes the nutrition plan for their athletes they have. Sounds like we may need to work on our nutrition plan?
Every major program has a dietitian and nutrition plans for guys who need to lose weight, put on weight, maintain weight, or whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: zcats
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT