ADVERTISEMENT

Kiyaunta Goodwin leads Kentucky recruits in rankings

*Bleedingblue*

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2009
Goodwin is a stud that is a program-changing player for Kentucky

Kiyaunta Goodwin, a unanimous top-100 prospect in the class of 2022, leads the long line of recruits that the Kentucky Wildcats are going after for 2022, and even received a massive jump in the ESPN rankings.After originally being unranked, Goodwin jumped all the way to No. 76, making him a top-100 prospect in all recruiting services. This is what two ESPN recruiting evaluators had to say regarding Goodwin:
The 6-foot-7, 310-pound Goodwin has become one of the more highly coveted offensive tackles in the class since the beginning of the 2020 season. He has elite ability to fire off the ball low at his height. In pass protection, Goodwin flashes very good body quickness and foot quickness to react to sudden change of direction. Ohio State, Kentucky, Alabama and Clemson are among the leaders to land the high-ceiling prospect.
Goodwin is also ranked the No. 47 overall (composite) prospect by 247 Sports and the No.5 offensive tackle, while Rivals has Goodwin as the No. 54 overall prospect and the No. 8 offensive tackle.

Nice recognition for the Big Man.

His dedication in getting into shape, the last year or so, is a good indicator for him.

I hope he is the jewel of the coming class.

Is there anything more beautiful, more satisfying, then seeing KENTUCKY, yes University of KENTUCKY, having recruiting battles with CLEMSON, ALABAMA, and OHIO STATE!

There certainly is, winning those battles.

Oops, posted before I read the rest of the posts.

Some will remember this, and I was certainly put in my place by quite a few. When Stoops started making progress on the UK turn around, people complained about the scheme. I said the one complaint I would have about Stoops was who he targeted in recruiting. Yes it was much better than previous staff, but it was still bottom 3-4 in the conference. I was told more than once UK couldnt recruit highly ranked kids. But look at this thread, how excited everyone is with this weekend's news. Only way to assure you wont sign a kid is not recruit him.

It’s taken a long time and a lot of hard work to get to this point for Stoops and Co. to be able to land these kids.

I believe Stoops tenure at UK is second only to Saban in the SEC. I think our solid staff, and their proven track record, is a big reason we’re steadily climbing the ranks.

Some will remember this, and I was certainly put in my place by quite a few. When Stoops started making progress on the UK turn around, people complained about the scheme. I said the one complaint I would have about Stoops was who he targeted in recruiting. Yes it was much better than previous staff, but it was still bottom 3-4 in the conference. I was told more than once UK couldnt recruit highly ranked kids. But look at this thread, how excited everyone is with this weekend's news. Only way to assure you wont sign a kid is not recruit him.

I was always in the camp of hiring recruiters and targeting big time recruits. About only way to climb the sec ladder. Can't have a staff full of just recruiters need some good coaches who are just decent recruiters to make the players better.

Reactions: jauk11
ADVERTISEMENT