ADVERTISEMENT

Kiffin

truebluewildcat

All-SEC
Feb 21, 2006
The age of Kiffin is here folks…

This has been a long time coming if you didn’t see it, you haven’t been paying attention.

He’s been one of the best complete coaches in football for 20 years...recruiting, developing n coaching up of talent, scheme, game planning, play calling…

Ole Miss is in the picture for sec titles and playoffs for the foreseeable future.

This has been a long time coming if you didn’t see it, you haven’t been paying attention.

He’s been one of the best complete coaches in football for 20 years...recruiting, developing n coaching up of talent, scheme, game planning, play calling…

Ole Miss is in the picture for sec titles and playoffs for the foreseeable future.

Or until someone hires him away. He is currently number 2 on AU's wish list behind Prime Time. We'll the fans wish list, don't know where he is on Yella Wood's wish list.

Or until someone hires him away. He is currently number 2 on AU's wish list behind Prime Time. We'll the fans wish list, don't know where he is on Yella Wood's wish list.
Grumpy, OT but you hearing anything down your way about the Ga Tech job?

I think Kiffin leaves for the league…maybe…

He’s no longer climbing the ladder, padding his resume, nor reviving his career. He’s at a play off caliber SEC program…that he built…very few jobs are a step up from that and generally speaking aren’t open very often

In those 20 years, he’s been a head coach for 12…10 in college and 2 in the NFL. He’s finished the season ranked in the top 25 in 2 of the 10 years of college. He was 5-15 as an NFL coach. Ole Miss finishes their schedule on the road against LSU, TAMU and Arkansas and home games against Bama and Mississippi State.

I think he’s a good, not great coach. I could see them with 3 or 4 losses at the end of the year

He’d be stupid to leave Ole Miss for Auburn.

Oxford is easier to recruit to…you don’t have to be in Alabama’s shadow as little brother:..it’s the same path to a title at both places but Auburn will fire you if you get beat by Bama 3 straight times

I think Kiffin leaves for the league…maybe…

He’s no longer climbing the ladder, padding his resume, nor reviving his career. He’s at a play off caliber SEC program…that he built…very few jobs are a step up from that and generally speaking aren’t open very often
He either leaves for the league or takes over Alabama in the next few years and having been a Saban assistant I bet NS gives him a heads up on if its close to time to hang it up (assuming they are still on good terms)

He either leaves for the league or takes over Alabama in the next few years and having been a Saban assistant I bet NS gives him a heads up on if its close to time to hang it up (assuming they are still on good terms)
He will never be in the league again. He bucked Al Davis at every turn and tried to big dick millionaire players. That’s why he’s scared to death of NIL. And Bama doesn’t want him. If he’s not running Art Briles’s offense, he’s not dominating games.

I don't see the love for the guy.

Only success he's ever had was in a weak conference.

Using a gimmick offense to win at OM, but once teams get a bead on it, you get what happened in the second half.

Did a good job using his daddy's name and his big mouth to move around and make money though.

Can't stand the guy, but there is no denying that he knows his stuff. The reason he is such an offensive genius is because his father was a defensive genius. If you know defenses then you know how to beat them.

That twisted cover 3 Ole MIss runs is a really interesting D and it has M. Kiffin's fingerprints all over it. We will see something similar to that when MIss State brings that 3-3-5 into Lexington in a couple of weeks. Hopefully the Ole Miss game was a good learning experience for Levis.

Reactions: westerncat

When he gets crushed by Bama, beaten by MSU, AND maybe even beat by LSU and A&M, you need to post a photo of you eating a tootsie roll turd.

Yeah, no. If our kicker was decent we win. Spit that kiffen juice out of your mouth. Makes you sound like a child.
Kiffin coached a horrible game IMO and could not adjust in the second half to get his offense going. Then compounded it by falling dead into the hold the ball, punt and cross your fingers mode after our first fumble that was the only way we'd have a shot at scoring again which should have bit him in the tail. I couldnt believe the great Lane was actually doing that as I watched it from my seat.

Reactions: Girthang
I hope one of our rivals or some other team I can’t stand hires Sanders. He will be a colossal failure at a real football program.

Nobody said he’s going undefeated. I said he’s one of the best coaches in the game, and he is.

Schmucks don’t turn struggling programs around in 2-3 years…especially in the sec west…
Schmucks leave a thriving program for greener pastures (supposedly). You think he will?

Nobody said he’s going undefeated. I said he’s one of the best coaches in the game, and he is.

Schmucks don’t turn struggling programs around in 2-3 years…especially in the sec west…
What if Heupel goes 10-3 with UT? Would that make him better than Kiffin considering what he inherited?

What if Heupel goes 10-3 with UT? Would that make him better than Kiffin considering what he inherited?
I don’t get all the hate for Lane Kiffen. He’s done great at Ole Miss. Very similar to what Stoops has done here. They are relevant and in the Top 15.

I get some people don’t like his snarkiness, but overall I think he’s GREAT for the college game. He has a good thing going at Ole Miss and it would be a disappointment to me to see him leave the conference/college game.

He won’t be at Ole Miss much longer imo. He craves the limelight, and it’s not in Oxford. I don’t know where he goes next, but he will go.
Wasn't that a threat he was giving to the Ole Miss fan base when he said it looked like a high school game after halftime last week?
Don't be shocked if UL doesn't underhandedly go after him.

I don’t get all the hate for Lane Kiffen. He’s done great at Ole Miss. Very similar to what Stoops has done here. They are relevant and in the Top 15.

I get some people don’t like his snarkiness, but overall I think he’s GREAT for the college game. He has a good thing going at Ole Miss and it would be a disappointment to me to see him leave the conference/college game.
I enjoy Kiffin and don't dislike him. I'm just not sure he's as good as what people say. He reminds me a little of Leach. Good, not great, coach who is the perfect fit at places like Ole Miss and Mississippi State. In their last 20 seasons coaching combined, they have finished in the top 25 3 times.

bthaunert

Our fanbase is not going to stand for those types of numbers in 10 years, even if Parcells had come here.

To me, it's amazing that Kiffin or Leach would actually think they could win the West against Saban. The egos these coaches have. And especially Jimbo, whose future doesn't look so bright as a coach.

I enjoy Kiffin and don't dislike him. I'm just not sure he's as good as what people say. He reminds me a little of Leach. Good, not great, coach who is the perfect fit at places like Ole Miss and Mississippi State. In their last 20 seasons coaching combined, they have finished in the top 25 3 times.
I like Leach. He is crazy as hell. Always in a rant about something. The media will ask him some silly question and he'll answer it right back with the longest 30 minute rant and he will have that look on his face like he has no idea what he will say next but words just start pouring out and sometimes Mike Leach is a pretty intelligent guy. I don't really care for Kiffin. He's got better as he got older though. He use to b one those kind of ppl I just couldn't hardly stand to look at. 😐

Yeah I don’t get the hate for Kiffin. I get that he’s a personality that can rub some folks wrong, but his record and resume are pretty good. I don’t care about the pros…some of the best coaches cant hack it in the league…spurrier, saban, Meyer…

He‘s produced multiple heismans and some of the most exciting prolific offenses…

Stopped the bleeding at UT and got them to a bowl in short order…that was coaching prowess alone cause it wasn’t his players nor had he had the time to create his type of program

Modernized Bama‘s O and got some hardware there

Did well for FAU

Now, overnight, he has made ole miss a national player.

All in all, in college whether it’s as a positional coach, coord, or head man…he’s seen 1 losing record…at FAU sandwiched in between a 10 n 11 win season…hell even when he was a GA at Colorado St they were an winning team…

• Haha
I love Kiffin, but let's hold off on anointing him. UK is their best win this season, and if we have a competent kicking UK wins.

"Ole Miss is in the picture for sec titles and playoffs for the foreseeable future."

THIS^^^ (or what it originally said) is what i was responding to, since you forgot what you ppsted.

If he's gonna be in any of those pictures, he will likely have to go undefeated. Right now, he's in sniffing range only because he was bailed out in this game.

"The age of Kiffin is here folks…

He’s been one of the best complete coaches in football for 20 years...recruiting, developing n coaching up of talent, scheme, game planning, play calling…"

^^This is the rest of the hyperbole you spouted.

If this guy is "one of the best complete coaches in football for 20 years" (lmao) why did it take a bunch of turnovers, missed assignments, and blown calls for him to beat a 6.5 point underdog at home with all of the talent he has on hand?

The (lol) "age of Kiffin" HAS BEEN HERE and we're still hearing nothing but fluff. Save your butt-kissin for when he's actually done something, Monte. His team didn't score a TD in the 2nd half. If that's telling you his balls have finally dropped, you haven't watched enough football.

I don't hate him. He's just a teenager in a grown man's body. Yes, he's a coach's son. Yes, he does OC pretty well (though we didn't see that Saturday). But his consistently stupid and clearly childish remarks are what tells you who he really is. No one talks smack after he gets handed a game he clearly wasn't ready to coach like he did Saturday, much less sheepishly. He's a tool

He has done NOTHING at Ole Miss like what Stoops has done here, though. I don't think he's capable of it, but will admit it if I'm wrong when he's gone to and been somewhere even 8 years after being in the situation UK was when Stoops showed up.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
"Ole Miss is in the picture for sec titles and playoffs for the foreseeable future."

THIS^^^ (or what it originally said) is what i was responding to, since you forgot what you ppsted.

If he's gonna be in any of those pictures, he will likely have to go undefeated. Right now, he's in sniffing range only because he was bailed out in this game.

"The age of Kiffin is here folks…

He’s been one of the best complete coaches in football for 20 years...recruiting, developing n coaching up of talent, scheme, game planning, play calling…"

^^This is the rest of the hyperbole you spouted.

If this guy is "one of the best complete coaches in football for 20 years" (lmao) why did it take a bunch of turnovers, missed assignments, and blown calls for him to beat a 6.5 point underdog at home with all of the talent he has on hand?

The (lol) "age of Kiffin" HAS BEEN HERE and we're still hearing nothing but fluff. Save your butt-kissin for when he's actually done something, Monte. His team didn't score a TD in the 2nd half. If that's telling you his balls have finally dropped, you haven't watched enough football.

I don't hate him. He's just a teenager in a grown man's body. Yes, he's a coach's son. Yes, he does OC pretty well (though we didn't see that Saturday). But his consistently stupid and clearly childish remarks are what tells you who he really is. No one talks smack after he gets handed a game he clearly wasn't ready to coach like he did Saturday, much less sheepishly. He's a tool

He has done NOTHING at Ole Miss like what Stoops has done here, though. I don't think he's capable of it, but will admit it if I'm wrong when he's gone to and been somewhere even 8 years after being in the situation UK was when Stoops showed up.

Ole Miss is in the pic for sec right now and playoffs…

In the pic is an expression…it means they’re going to be around and discussed… doesn’t mean they’re going undefeated and winning the conference every year…

it’s not hyperbole to say he’s one of the best… if he wasn’t he wouldn’t keep getting opportunities as hc or oc…especially at places like USC, UT, and Bama…

He has well above a winning percentage for his career as HC…and as I said in another post his record and accomplishments as an assistant are top tier…

As far as comparing to Stoops…CMS has had a decade to finally do what he’s doing and gets the appropriate credit for it…

Kifin is winning 10 games and beating ranked opponents and “in the picture“ challenging for the west in years 2 n 3…

• Haha
Ole Miss is in the pic for sec right now and playoffs…

In the pic is an expression…it means they’re going to be around and discussed… doesn’t mean they’re going undefeated and winning the conference every year…

it’s not hyperbole to say he’s one of the best… if he wasn’t he wouldn’t keep getting opportunities as hc or oc…especially at places like USC, UT, and Bama…

He has well above a winning percentage for his career as HC…and as I said in another post his record and accomplishments as an assistant are top tier…

As far as comparing to Stoops…CMS has had a decade to finally do what he’s doing and gets the appropriate credit for it…

Kifin is winning 10 games and beating ranked opponents and “in the picture“ challenging for the west in years 2 n 3…

Just admit you were wrong and move on already.

Kiffin has been good at choosing his opportunities, yes. He's walked into some situations that were ripe for what he offers. He's also been run out of town.

He's an OC and QB coach, and he's good at it, if he has great talent to work with. He's not a world beater without Bama level talent. Of course, since that last game didn't tell you Kiffin was overhyped, you're not likely to see much else.

Just admit you were wrong and move on already.

Kiffin has been good at choosing his opportunities, yes. He's walked into some situations that were ripe for what he offers. He's also been run out of town.

He's an OC and QB coach, and he's good at it, if he has great talent to work with. He's not a world beater without Bama level talent. Of course, since that last game didn't tell you Kiffin was overhyped, you're not likely to see much else.

Nothing I’ve said has been wrong.

You have some sort of bias against him…

He‘s turned Ole Miss around, made them a national player and is one of the best coaches in the game.

You can’t argue otherwise. He’s beaten him in Lexington and Oxford. I think he’s third best coach in sec behind saban and Kirby
Kiffin's a good coach, I like him. I especially like the way he frosts the ass of TN fans. And to his credit he's gone up against Stoops twice and beaten him twice but those games were by the slimmest of margins. I'm as frustrated as the next guy but Stoops deserves credit for having his team in Sat's game as poorly as they played plus shutting down Kiffin's vaunted O in the second half. Maybe Kiffin is the third best coach in the SEC but I think we should give it a little more time before we put him in the HoF.

Grumpy, OT but you hearing anything down your way about the Ga Tech job?

Just the same as everyone else. I do think Prime Time came in and semi interviewed if that is a term. The issue going on with Tech is its trying to recover from all the years of PUl Johnson. Kids hated his offense, it didn't prepare eit
I hope one of our rivals or some other team I can’t stand hires Sanders. He will be a colossal failure at a real football program.

Depends on who he can get for coordinators. If he can hire a couple of top coordinators and let them run their show he could be very successful. He will have guys wanting to play for him.

Reactions: mrschwump
ADVERTISEMENT