ADVERTISEMENT

Keyontae Johnson, Jerome Tang, and the K-State Wildcats take down #19 Baylor on the road in OT

crawfords corner

All-American
Jul 9, 2004
Now 14-1 on the season. Looks like Kansas has some competition this year. They were 14-17 last season. Jerome Tang has done a remarkable job so far this year.

Their PG had 14 assists, 4 turnovers, and 32 points
Keyontae had another big night with 24 points and 9 boards

They made 34 baskets. Of those 34, 24 were assisted. Only turned it over 12x in 45 minutes.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Johnson would have a been a great player to have, I know he had the health concerns but if you can guarantee he is on the court he is worth the gamble

• Love
210 points in 2 games. So much more fun to watch than Oscar’s plodding teams.

Probably more exciting than watch a Bruce Weber team too(although he did fairly well from 2017-2019). Seems you got a good one there at Head Coach. I bet nobody thought there'd be a scenario where K-State was 3-0 and Baylor was 0-3 in the Big12. I hope you guys give Kanas hell in 10 days.

Great to see Keyontae Johnson cleared to play again. He was a top-notch college player at FL. If not for the health issues, he may have been the top player in the portal. If I needed a college PF he would have been the guy I would have tried to get (before the health issues).

Baylor 0-3 in conference. We still hiring Drew?
I tell you what. It’s been awful amongst some supposedly solid coaches. Zags have lost three. Baylor is right with us at 10-5.

Arky down double digits to Auburn.

This year is a dman free for all. Basketball is either become very watered down or talent is up exponentially everywhere.

Johnson would have a been a great player to have, I know he had the health concerns but if you can guarantee he is on the court he is worth the gamble
This! Dude is having the best season of his career at K State this season. Cal didn’t even take a look at this guy, and everyone knew he was a stud. This is exactly the kind of guy we so desperately need. A hybrid wing that can get his own shot and score at all three levels. All while being able to play good defense and rebound as well. Total miss!

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Great to see Keyontae Johnson cleared to play again. He was a top-notch college player at FL. If not for the health issues, he may have been the top player in the portal. If I needed a college PF he would have been the guy I would have tried to get (before the health issues).
I would’ve went after him anyway. Gotta take a gamble on that kid. Absolute stud college player.

I would’ve went after him anyway. Gotta take a gamble on that kid. Absolute stud college player.
I loved his game, CC. But I would have had to been convinced by more than one top-notch cardiologist that he was 100%. I wouldn't want anything on my conscious.

I loved his game, CC. But I would have had to been convinced by more than one top-notch cardiologist that he was 100%. I wouldn't want anything on my conscious.
I agree. However, the kid was getting picked up by someone. Might as well have been UK. Admittedly, I have no idea of his health clearances.

Reactions: G-PIP
I agree. However, the kid was getting picked up by someone. Might as well have been UK. Admittedly, I have no idea of his health clearances.
I haven't seen him play this season. Have you? And if so, does he look like the same player?

Actually, I was watching Sear today. I remember thinking last year that he would be a great transfer get for us, but in retrospect, I'm pretty sure Cal would have found a way to f$%# him up as well.

This! Dude is having the best season of his career at K State this season. Cal didn’t even take a look at this guy, and everyone knew he was a stud. This is exactly the kind of guy we so desperately need. A hybrid wing that can get his own shot and score at all three levels. All while being able to play good defense and rebound as well. Total miss!
He was atleast worth a look at, see if his health clears and if it does offer him

Jerome "Poon" Tang

89f60db9410d58fcb39335ee8a3477ef_xl.jpg

• Haha
Probably more exciting than watch a Bruce Weber team too(although he did fairly well from 2017-2019). Seems you got a good one there at Head Coach. I bet nobody thought there'd be a scenario where K-State was 3-0 and Baylor was 0-3 in the Big12. I hope you guys give Kanas hell in 10 days.
Ironically, Baylor was picked to win the Big 12 & K State was picked last. Long way to go though. Setting up to be a huge game in Manhattan vs the Cheathawks.

ADVERTISEMENT