ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Knox offered $1.4 million by China to play a year then go to NBA.

He has already turned down an offer to turn pro as soon as he graduates from Tampa Catholic. A professional team from China called his parents last month, offering $1.4 million for their son to play overseas for a year before entering the NBA draft.

"I didn't put much stock into the offer," said his father, also named Kevin. "We politely said thanks but no thanks. He's going to college."

Looks like he is going to college.

Reactions: crestcat and daggit
His parents' focus on the NBA makes me wonder why Kentucky isn't his likeliest destination. $1 million Lloyd's of London insurance policy, turned down a million-dollar pro offer overseas, openly prioritizing his NBA draft placement - this kid was tailor-made to work with Calipari.

His parents' focus on the NBA makes me wonder why Kentucky isn't his likeliest destination. $1 million Lloyd's of London insurance policy, turned down a million-dollar pro offer overseas, openly prioritizing his NBA draft placement - this kid was tailor-made to work with Calipari.

Seems like he'd come here for sure. He could trip and fall over something at pUKe.

I read that he was projected to go between 6th and 12th. If he goes to Duke who knows what K will do might need him next year, NC might end up on probation and no tv. Seems to me KY would be the right fit hell Cal will make him a higher pick than 6 thru 12. Might make Bamba 1st and him 2nd

He's an idiot...Pretty sure it is tax free in China for a deal like that so $1.4 is really like $2.2 in the US.

For one year and $2+ million I would live in China.

I don't think he comes to UK. Just too may bodies at those positions IMO. Of course with Cal who knows. I think UNC personally.

Brandon Jennings lost some spots by going overseas, because he struggled to get pt over vets. Terrance Ferguson probably lost money too. It's harder to play against vets they expose your weaknesses and they do not have time to develop you

Reactions: jrpross
Can't imagine being in a situation in life where someone offers you or your child that to play basketball for a year and you don't really even consider it.

Cal wasn't kidding when he said these guys are walking lottery tickets. And people want them to get a communications degree.

Can't imagine being in a situation in life where someone offers you or your child that to play basketball for a year and you don't really even consider it.

Cal wasn't kidding when he said these guys are walking lottery tickets. And people want them to get a communications degree.
People need to know how to communicate. That is important.

Brandon Jennings lost some spots by going overseas, because he struggled to get pt over vets. Terrance Ferguson probably lost money too. It's harder to play against vets they expose your weaknesses and they do not have time to develop you
Did Ferguson have a choice? Academically challenged.
Not sure about Jennings.

He's an idiot...Pretty sure it is tax free in China for a deal like that so $1.4 is really like $2.2 in the US.

For one year and $2+ million I would live in China.

Well he wants to get a year of college. I know that just sounds crazy to turn down money to this board, but as we see players turn down the millions all the time for different reasons.

He has already turned down an offer to turn pro as soon as he graduates from Tampa Catholic. A professional team from China called his parents last month, offering $1.4 million for their son to play overseas for a year before entering the NBA draft.

"I didn't put much stock into the offer," said his father, also named Kevin. "We politely said thanks but no thanks. He's going to college."

Looks like he is going to college.
college or 1.4 million? he chose college lmao

college or 1.4 million? he chose college lmao

Jersey you're not helping us get return guys. This post will be used against us on the recruiting trail with college oriented mamas.

Kennard - "I think I'd rather wait to go pro for at least two years. I think the money will be there"

K - "check Rupp rafters, they're laughing at you for that"

Kennard - "what do I do coach?"

K - "smiles"

Reactions: JerseyCat84
NC might end up on probation and no tv.

We are not in the 1980's and 90's anymore. Even though TV bans are still in the by-laws, the NCAA will not ban any University from TV now. Too much hassle with the TV networks, competing teams and money involved. They would have banned Penn State football from TV, if they still used that penalty. The NCAA likes to take away wins, scholarship reductions, and postseason bans.

From what I read, Mudiay was miserable while in China. How many of you speak Mandarin? How many of you like having every text, phone call, and e-mail read by government censors? It's not just about the $$$$$.

From what I read, Mudiay was miserable while in China. How many of you speak Mandarin? How many of you like having every text, phone call, and e-mail read by government censors? It's not just about the $$$$$.
I don't care what the government reads, it's not like i'm a spy or running a criminal org. For 1.4 mill I'll put up with quite a bit lol.

NOT POLITICAL ********************?

Let's be serious about it though. Change Mandarian with Spanish - the entire thread reads like the last decade in America.

Pretty scary.

Another kid/family that thinks they don't need Calipari, buying into whatever Self/K is selling.

I'd like to know what mama Bolden REALLY thinks of her son's decision to play for Duke again.. Or any of the others..

Reactions: wildcatwelder
1. Yes, I'd take it. I'd insist on in full and upfront, since there's been problems being paid.

2. I can't believe the majority here would take it, and at the same time say a first round pick needs to come back to develop his jumper.

China has more money than they do sense, these kids are going to be good but like someone said doing it against vets as opposed to high school kids is a little tougher.I guess if money rules your life go for it, I'd rather go to college a year or two and play in the NBA. China's deal looks good but it doesn't always turn out that way.

ADVERTISEMENT