ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Knox has incredible athleticism

You never know how high a player can really climb because at the elite level the ability to take it to all-star heights is based largely on the player's mentality, but it sure looks like Knox is the type of guy that has that ability if he has the right mental approach.

Athletic... and size. We BLOW Wisconsin away with a player like Knox II on the floor during that game. He could have matched up with their 3 that killed us and is more versatile on offense than Booker / Aaron were back then.

I hate to point it out, but he ate poor Romeo's lunch on that drive. Langford better sharpen up on defense if he wants to survive Coach Cal.

Yes it will.

They call that move a walk on us all the time. 95% of the time it is not.

I agree both this video and the last one that was posted with the one dribble pull up will unfortunately be called a walk in college. He can do that all day in the league though.

I think Knox is a better player than Tatum coming into College. Knox shoots the ball better and has better athleticism coming into College. That could be scary good for us to since Tatum was a dominant scorer coming into college.

Knox will turn out to be more important than Bamba ever was. Everyone on here always talks about teams missing that one guy - this is that guy. 6'8" with a huge wingspan... We're talking Tayshaun with new levels of athleticism. This is a guy who can switch on EVERY screen. He can create his own shot and if his jumper is stable, I'm not sure who you put on him. He'll ravage most college SGs and SFs with his size and blow by college PFs. Maybe 4 teams in the country have a guy who matches up well with him.

I can see Diallo, Knox, Washington, and Vanderbilt just running screen on offense until they get into a mismatch where their defender can't do anything. And so far, they all look like good enough passers to split a double team. Can't wait!

He's also just 17. Could be a rising senior. We saw what Cal did with one year of Booker and the trajectory that kid was on. Knox is so much more physically gifted, that if the mindset and skillset are there too, look out.

There are going to be some ugly times this year, for him and for us overall, but he's the offensive weapon we needed badly.

So will he be a one and done ? I am glad UK got him, I thought sure reading on here that he was going to Duke.

No it won't lol

That's the play that Poythress/Briscoe/Willis/Gabriel got called for 4 times a game over the last few years. It's some new rule where if the guy jukes one way, even though he didn't move his feet or dribble, and then starts to move and dribble in the opposite direction, it's a travel. Somehow refs can't put 2 and 2 together and call it a walk 90% of the time because they can't wrap their head around it. As if the guy was actually moving left and decided to change his mind and go right, all the while completely ignoring pump faking as being one of the oldest tricks in the book. It's a shame really.

He's also just 17. Could be a rising senior. We saw what Cal did with one year of Booker and the trajectory that kid was on. Knox is so much more physically gifted, that if the mindset and skillset are there too, look out.

There are going to be some ugly times this year, for him and for us overall, but he's the offensive weapon we needed badly.

That's actually who he reminds me of. A 3 inch taller Devin Booker. Same body type, young, range and poise. He's a killer who can score in a ton of different ways.

I think Knox is a better player than Tatum coming into College. Knox shoots the ball better and has better athleticism coming into College. That could be scary good for us to since Tatum was a dominant scorer coming into college.

Let me be sure I understand you clearly. You are talking coming into college correct?

Let me be sure I understand you clearly. You are talking coming into college correct?

That's what I said. The one knock on Tatum was his shooting outside of 15ft and he was an overly explosive athlete. So coming into college Knox has a more advanced game than Tatum IMO.

Will he be better than Tatum was at Duke? I'm gonna guess yeah. Got my blue tinted shades on. I really do think he will be better, and I'm basing it on absolutely nothing.

Will he be better than Tatum was at Duke? I'm gonna guess yeah. Got my blue tinted shades on. I really do think he will be better, and I'm basing it on absolutely nothing.

got me thinking, how good was tatum at duke? feel like he was "pretty good." i just remember him going aau ball on final plays only to turn it over.

Actually it probably would be.. Could go 50/50.. He took 4 steps.. Right foot,, left foot,, right foot,, planted left foot then went up for the dunk..
I rewatched it 5 times. He dribbles then takes two steps. Not sure what you're watching.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
ADVERTISEMENT