ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky's Best Recruiting Class EVER...(VIDEO)

Everyone says we will struggle because lack of shooters. I think this team carves up a zone because of their passing ability. Both Vanderbilt and Washington pass extremely well and can really hurt teams in the high post.

Everyone says we will struggle because lack of shooters. I think this team carves up a zone because of their passing ability. Both Vanderbilt and Washington pass extremely well and can really hurt teams in the high post.
The shooting will be fine with Green, Baker, Alexander and Washington. If Gabriel starts making shots as a soph we'll be nasty.

Everyone says we will struggle because lack of shooters.
I think they'll struggle because they are all freshmen.

I do, however, also think they could be very very good by the end of the season. But we're fooling ourselves if we don't think this team will have a major learning curve. The only teams Cal's had that didn't had BOTH major talent returning and transcendent talent coming in. As good and deep as this class is, none of them are Wall/Davis/Towns level.

Awesome video though. I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys play.

The keys for these players is how they play off the ball. All the videos show how when the ball is in their hands (except for Richards) the things they can do to score. How will any of them be to catch and shoot when the ball isn't in their hands? Green is going to be a key because there will be no experienced point guard. Can he break down a defense in the paint, can he make the right decisions with the ball, etc.

The shooting will be fine with Green, Baker, Alexander and Washington. If Gabriel starts making shots as a soph we'll be nasty.
Heck, WG was 32% from 3 last year.....and most guys take a jump in percentage from frosh to soph

giphy%203_zpsnzh2vae6.gif

With the roster we have, I doubt our team will be one of the best shooting teams in college basketball, but we won't have to be. If we're average shooting the ball, we will be just fine. We have a couple of guys that can make it from deep. If we didn't have any, I would be worried. We will be fine. Most years the one knock most have with Cal's team's is shooting. As those years shown, this year will be okay as well.

I know they're young, I know they're gonna struggle, but man, there's a lot of talent there just waiting to be coached and motivated by the best coach their is IMO.

Man, if Alexander can lower his dribble a little bit he will be ridiculous. Haven't seen that much of him though so maybe when he is engaged he knows better.

Two things:

1) Diallo is a human highlight reel. Dayum.

2) All the NBA scouts think Knox is a perfect NBA stretch 4, but Knox really wants to play further out, as a SF or even a 2-guard. I hope Cal has made it clear that Malik Monk (who Knox wants to replace) got to take the shots he took because he *made* those shots, and that if on defense Knox can't stay in front of smaller wings with good handles, he's gonna get benched. Kid is mad skilled, but he needs to be working like a man possessed to shore up his guard skills if he wants to be KD.

Who cares if we can't shoot. We will have so much length on the floor to rebound all the misses.

:scream:

That was awesome. Based purely on their highlight vids:

1. Diallo- not as good as Wall's but up there
2. Vanderbilt- his handle, athleticism and vision is ridiculous
3. Knox- long, athletic, great touch
4. Green- sick handle
5. Washington- just a man inside, tough SOB
6. Baker- love his shot, love it
7. Richards- looks good, I think he'll be solid
8. Alexander- long but doesn't seem all that athletic

I know they are highlights but Vanderbilt and Knox look like the best players. They are unbelievably skilled and seem like future NBA stars.

I like this team. I expect them to do well early; however, I am looking forward to post-Camp Cal. GO CATS!!

Yeah every fan base is saying this about their team after watching the "highlight" footage. One thing UK will have over those others is the abundant of talent. Arizona may be the only base who can say the same thing

4. Green- sick handle

If I'm Cal, I invest all preseason in getting our defense set. With the length and athleticism on this team we could score 50 and win. The offense will work itself out as the season goes on and he adjust it here and there. But the D, could be incredible.

4. Green- sick handle

Just reading the list just amazes me that this isn't the team roster built over 4 years, but rather just another recruiting class for Cal. Simply amazing..

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
That video got me aroused

Baker can flat out stroke it, I think he is going to help
Big time this year

Vanderbilt and Knox have crazy handles and you can tell Knox can shoot as well.
Richards may not be an offensive threat but he plays would d and looks like a good shot blocker.

Diallo is the truth he's a freak athlete who will be a nightmare to guard.

I know it's a mid take but I was very impressed with everything I saw

Reactions: mhap8704
hard to believe this is all one class. This team will be good because its heavy on Forwards. Title teams have alot of 6'-8" to 6'-10" teams, a rim protector, and a distributing guard. This team has everything. Baker has Steph Curry range. Im excited man

Can someone lock this one for the game where shooting costs the team the game

Did you watch any of the Tourney this year? UNC couldn't shoot worth a lick but out rebounded everybody by a wide margin and won a title. I know we won't have the refs in our back pockets like they did but their rebounding was impressive nonetheless.

And I'm well aware that we will probably have several losses this year because we have such a young team. Some will be because we didn't play D, some because we couldn't put the ball in the hoop, some because our young guys aren't doing what they're being told to do.

Reactions: 78Gooses and Aike
Can someone lock this one for the game where shooting costs the team the game

Damn, not one miss from any of the guys in the video and I was going to be first to post an awesome 40-0 thread. Thanks for ruining my one shot at 15 seconds :D of fame.

bill%20murray_zpsnepzrwrz.png

Thanks to you, op, for posting the video. It's gonna be a rainy day and I bought a new recliner yesterday so....

I'll be staring at my phone.

Vanderbilt looks good handling the ball. Washington looks unstoppable going to the rim.

PJ plays with a lot of attitude. I really like it. Will probably be second only to Cal to get our first "T". The talent at the forward positions will make this team different from previous ones. Talent and depth will be a tough outing for any team come March. :cool2:

Reactions: 2Dope15
I watched this entire video while laughing like a mad scientist. This team is gonna kick a lot of ass.
That is the best description( laughing like a mad scientist) . I held my hands together saying excellent like Mr. Burns watching it as well. JV is such the truth with a ball in his hands . When you have 8 freshmen you will take some knocks but by March we will be damn good.

I really think this team has the potential to be the best defensive team in the nation next year. If cal gets them to buy in on defense and we are a decent shooting team from the arc and ft line watch out.

I can already tell that Washington is going to be my favorite player this coming season. He attacks the hell out of the rim and seems to have some nastiness to his game. I like it!

Hami & Washington are VICIOUS. They don't want to just beat you, they want to make you look plain silly. Big fan of their attitude. I think once things start clicking next year and they get comfortable they will swag that you just can't teach. Love it. Thanks for post OP.

I'm telling you, it's gonna be hard to keep Washington off the court. Hard to not see him starting. I don't think this team runs the table, but I think it's being underrated by many on here. They're going to be so young and I get why people have reservations, but I'll bet money this team doesn't lose more than 5 games and is at worst the 4th best team we've had under cal. (09-10, 11-12, and 14-15 will be hard to surpass). I see this group as a better version of 13-14 and we all know how far they went.

ADVERTISEMENT