ADVERTISEMENT

***KENTUCKY VS UCLA GAME THREAD***

We had a bad outing today, it happens. Still love the Cats!

And all you trolls/Cal haters (and they're here in droves, funny, they weren't anywhere to be found after VT): Have a nice Christmas!
Virginia Tech? Look, theyre not even ranked, lost to St Louis, and were life and death to beat an awful team at home this week. Please tell me we haven’t fallen so far that we’re now bragging about beating VT at home by less than double digits.

Now, that being said, this team has the potential to improve, but quit bad mouthing our fans who are upset at losing to an unranked UCLA team.

I'm not sure effort or lack of pride is the issue. We just aren't that good yet, and that has been true through the entirety of the season. I can point to one game when we looked outstanding. Outside of that, we've looked pretty ho-hum to bad with a couple good (Kansas and Tech), not great games sprinkled in.

3 years in a row our defenses have been giving up absurdly easy baskets ....... ever since the end of 2015 and the NCAA decided to go to more offensive friendly rules.... and Cal wont adjust....

Yeah. Makes me wonder if Cal should switch to a pack-line M2M defense since he isn't usually interested in playing high pressure, high risk defense.

I told people I thought this length talk is overplayed. It is only effective when we zone and Cal refused to hardly do that. All this length looks like they are slower than molasses on trying to defend. We need to recruit more traditionally sized players if they aren't at an elite level in athleticism. Hardly any of these guys can stay in front of their man. Time for Cal to change up his recruiting philosophy I think.

He needs to recruit more basketball players, instead of runners and jumpers. Hero should help with that next year.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
He needs to recruit more basketball players, instead of runners and jumpers. Hero should help with that next year.

I agree... There seems to be an extreme focus on athletes with much less regard for other basketball skills... shooting well for instance. UK has certainly had players that are well rounded, but for the most part athletes. I thought the focus on athletes was recruiting more toward defense, but that has proven to not be effective in many situations.

Reactions: Steelcurtain66
The players can’t stay focused for a full 30 seconds on defense and are playing selfish on offense. We need one player who takes pride in rebounding! I thought that player would be Washington but not seeing that effort yet. Gabriel brings effort but plays outside an awful lot! We need Vanderbilt and we need him sooner rather than later!

ADVERTISEMENT