ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky -- UCLA --- Gamethread

As bad as we played, the coaching was no better. How do you not play Mulder when we are struggling making shots? Offense came easy to us against pansies, but this team needs work on it's half court O.

He will keep running Briscoe, letting him shoot jumpers, and not playing Mulder. And we will gripe. And people will remind us that he is the coach and we should trust him. But we will be ousted from the tourney in similar fashion as today, and we will rinse and repeat for next year. Briscoe has crippled the program for the foreseeable future. But Cal doesn't have to allow him to do that. Coach him to play to his strengths.

UK will not win it all if Brickso plays this much. Mulder should take atleast half his minutes for a while to see how they play with him in. I believe the offense would flow much better & offer easier driving opportunities for Fox & Monk. Jones needs to play because he can hit an 18 footer & also has post moves, but needs experience against quality players - not mopping up against Div II teams like ASU & MSU. Sit Willis & Dopey.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Need 3's and most of them taken by Fox and Briscoe at the end. No Mulder all game to counter their shooting. Just a poor job by the team and Coach Cal.

Reactions: GnarlsBarkley
I know it's only December..but at what point does Cal start taking serious heat for his teams getting beat by less talented teams and teams they were favored to beat ? Let's face it..he puts NBA talent filled teams on the floor every damn game..Wisconsin, UCLA twice, Texas A&M, both UCONN games, Arkansas twice, Tennessee last year, WVU, etc ? 2012 year was amazing..but besides that..I've seen blown opportunities vs. WVU, Wisconsin, UCONN twice, getting beat by Florida three times in a season, getting beat by Robert Morris in the NIT. I get it..Coach Cal saved us from the awful Gillispie and Tubby years..but at some point, like Tubby..he has to start answering to this kind of BS. UCLA was out manned, less talented overall..and they kicked our as IN RUPP.

Oh well. We are putting lots of players in the NBA and making a lot of Mommas happy. (And wealthy). Sure wish we could win another championship though. Year is just starting. We will get better. Only time will tell how much better.

He will keep running Briscoe, letting him shoot jumpers, and not playing Mulder. And we will gripe. And people will remind us that he is the coach and we should trust him. But we will be ousted from the tourney in similar fashion as today, and we will rinse and repeat for next year. Briscoe has crippled the program for the foreseeable future. But Cal doesn't have to allow him to do that. Coach him to play to his strengths.

Briscoe has crippled the program??

How did we ever get to number 1?

Reactions: Adolph B. Calipari
I know it's only December..but at what point does Cal start taking serious heat for his teams getting beat by less talented teams and teams they were favored to beat ? Let's face it..he puts NBA talent filled teams on the floor every damn game..Wisconsin, UCLA twice, Texas A&M, both UCONN games, Arkansas twice, Tennessee last year, WVU, etc ? 2012 year was amazing..but besides that..I've seen blown opportunities vs. WVU, Wisconsin, UCONN twice, getting beat by Florida three times in a season, getting beat by Robert Morris in the NIT. I get it..Coach Cal saved us from the awful Gillispie and Tubby years..but at some point, like Tubby..he start answering to this kind of BS. UCLA was out manned, less talented overall..and they kicked our as IN RUPP.
He'll get flack when you stop asking stupid questions.

Reactions: Aike
Briscoe steps on the baseline. Stays in.

Briscoe steps on the baseline a second time. Stays in.

Briscoe steps on the baseline for a third time. Stays in.

Briscoe shooting despite the constant misses. Stays in.

Mulder can't get a crack when Briscoe plays like that? Ridiculous.

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. That's on Cal.

Briscoe's minutes and role need to be reevaluated...he's too much of a wild card...

need hawk's steadiness, leadership, defense, free throw shooting, consistency, etc..

Don't know if we can play Monk , Fox and Dom at the same time , not enough size and rebounding . Insert DW , leave his ass in there , and we get size and shooting .

ADVERTISEMENT