ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky -- UCLA --- Gamethread

wromanp7

All-American
May 25, 2003
St. George, UT
The Bruins say they will embrace the pace.

“We’re not going to change our identity because we’re playing Kentucky and go to the 1-3-1 zone and walk the ball up,” UCLA Coach Steve Alford said. “It’s just not our DNA. Our players like to get out in the open floor, they like to share the ball, they like to move the ball and create opportunities for each other and do that in an up-tempo style.

“If it not ends up being enough, then so be it, but we’re not going to change who we are. We’re going to Lexington to play the way we play and hopefully we’ll play well.”

- Steve Alford

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...entucky-20161202-story,amp.html?client=safari

Could be very high scoring game for both teams
Or a slop fest. Given UCLA plays awful defense, my hopes are there won't be a bunch of unforced turnovers for our Cats. And given that we do play defense, my hopes are there won't be a bunch of ridiculous "impeding motion" fouls called against our guys.

We should take a look at a live chatroom so you don't have to constantly refresh

One option ----->chatzy.com

“We’re not going to change our identity because we’re playing Kentucky and go to the 1-3-1 zone and walk the ball up,” UCLA Coach Steve Alford said. “It’s just not our DNA. Our players like to get out in the open floor, they like to share the ball, they like to move the ball and create opportunities for each other and do that in an up-tempo style.

“If it not ends up being enough, then so be it, but we’re not going to change who we are. We’re going to Lexington to play the way we play and hopefully we’ll play well.”

- Steve Alford

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...entucky-20161202-story,amp.html?client=safari
Death sentence. May it be fast and painful.

Reactions: ukfan041

- Steve Alford

200w_zpsplemqixe.gif

- Steve Alford

Stevie may want to check with Hurley on that philosophy. As every other coach has said...you can't simulate Kentucky's speed in practice.

Years ago I got nervous as all get out for the games. If they lost I couldn't sleep that night. I would get physically ill if the game didn't go right. Then when Sutton screwed things up and it changed. I don't know if the year of no TV did it or what? I just didn't get worked up like I used to. Now this morning I can't hardly eat breakfast thinking of the game later on......I hope they F...ing throttle UCLA and Stevie the Hoosier........I don't forget..........

Years ago I got nervous as all get out for the games. If they lost I couldn't sleep that night. I would get physically ill if the game didn't go right. Then when Sutton screwed things up and it changed. I don't know if the year of no TV did it or what? I just didn't get worked up like I used to. Now this morning I can't hardly eat breakfast thinking of the game later on......I hope they F...ing throttle UCLA and Stevie the Hoosier........I don't forget..........
My great uncle had a heart attack watching the Cats back in the day.

Reactions: awf and Kycatspaws
I'm thinking we might see something like the UK/IU tournament game from 2012.

Yep, said the exact same thing to my brother last night. UCLA is legit. A lot of people seem to be blowing them off.

I think it will be a fast, entertaining and pretty close game the entire way. Hope it happens, but not sure UK wins by 15+ like so many are predicting.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I dunno...if we keep them believe their 3 point average with stellar D then yes we blow them out. If they hit near their clip then I think it will be like IU/UK Tourny 2012, high scoring and 10 point or less margin

- Steve Alford

Joe Frazier loved to brawl until he met George Foreman and got his shit chilled.

- Steve Alford

Gotta say . . . I'm impressed with the time the game thread gets started. Got up early to get it rolling! Let's GO!

They are one of the 10 most talented teams in the country. If we dismantle them today, you're going to have to keep me in check.

I know their style is favorable for us to potentially do that, but talent is talent, and if today's margin is in the 20s+, then we are really freakin' good.

They are one of the 10 most talented teams in the country. If we dismantle them today, you're going to have to keep me in check.

I know their style is favorable for us to potentially do that, but talent is talent, and if today's margin is in the 20s+, then we are really freakin' good.

What he said...

Reactions: Willy4UK
ADVERTISEMENT