ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky picked to finish #2 behind Georgia in 2021

Wonder why the twitter report did not come up? What did it say??? Thanks TuckyFB!

Erszu1zXEAA815b

UGA's secondary will be a question mark in 21. But the LB Corp should be very good and with the DL coming back it should be better than 20 with 8 of top 9 returning. The e fitment at UGA is offensively, all RB return, all receivers return save one, and he might, just hasnt decided. Plus we return a slot starter from 19 that missed the entire year because of injury and another WR that broke his ankle in the Uf game. Ont the OL 3 starters return, but all 3 ould be backups in 21. Very excited about the season, even our opener against CU. On paper we can score with as anyone with the people returning, just not sure we can stop anyone after losing our top 5 CB.

Last edited:
UGA's secondary will be a question mark in 21. But the LB Corp should be very good and with the DL coming back it should be better than 20 with 8 of top 9 returning. The e fitment at UGA is offensively, all RB return, all receivers return save one, and he might, just hasnt decided. Plus we return a slot starter from 19 that missed the entire year because of injury and another WR that broke his ankle in the Uf game. Ont the OL 3 starters return, but all 3 ould be backups in 21. Very excited about the season, even our opener against CU. On paper we can score with as anyone with the people returning, just not sure we can stop anyone after losing our top 5 CB.
Why did stevenson transfer? The reports are they think he will go to Miami and be their best corner. With 5 guys leaving wouldn't he be starting for you guys?

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I think we have a roster that’s capable of competing for a trip to Atlanta, just need a consistently good passing game to get us there.

Average 400+ yards of offense next season and UK is dangerous.

I’d pre rank the East:
1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. Kentucky
4 Mizzou
5. Tennessee
6. South Carolina
7. Vanderbilt

I’d like to see it but that’s a bold prediction imo with a new OC and a new QB in a system we’ve never run. Hell, maybe that’s a good thing. We have the talent, hopefully Coen can put it all together. Either way, it’s good to get the respect...I’ve spent too many decades expecting us to compete with Candy for the cellar.

If we find a QB and improve our pass rush it's likely that it will come down to UK and UGA. Florida will take a pretty big hit on offense in my opinion and they weren't great on defense. So I would actually have Missouri at #3.

What Mullens does will factor in too but should be another banner year for Stoops. We are great on paper and most of the East is down. Getting LSU doesn’t help.

I think we have a roster that’s capable of competing for a trip to Atlanta, just need a consistently good passing game to get us there.

I’d pre rank the East:
1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. Kentucky
4 Mizzou
5. Tennessee
6. South Carolina
7. Vanderbilt
I'll take 30+ ppg...yds don't count.

I’d pre rank the East:
1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. Kentucky
4 Mizzou
5. Tennessee
6. South Carolina
7. Vanderbilt

I agree. This guy ranking TN that high is absurd. They may finish sixth or seventh honestly.

When is the 2021 SEC football scheduled supposed to be announced? I know Florida is coming to Lexington, but most of the SEC schedule for all teams appears TBA.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Why did stevenson transfer? The reports are they think he will go to Miami and be their best corner. With 5 guys leaving wouldn't he be starting for you guys?

Yes, he would have been a starter, probably at Nickle, not corner. Ringo who sat out after labrum surgery will start at corner, the will L likely be a rsjr Ameer Speed who looks like an LOB or soph Jalen Kimber who is on the small side but very quick and good in cover.

As for Stevenson, the first anyone at UGASPORTS or the staff heard about it was when the Miami writer said he was likely headed to Miami, so a big surprise. Now to the why, someone wanted him back in Miami, be it family or friends. He was the 6th back gone from the 20 team. The 2 S that started the last half of the year return a couple more who have played, the rest will be new. So we better score a bunch.

When is the 2021 SEC football scheduled supposed to be announced? I know Florida is coming to Lexington, but most of the SEC schedule for all teams appears TBA.
Good question. They usually release it in October which obviously didn't happen this time. I realize that there may be concern that corona might still be a factor by this fall, but you'd think that they could provisionally release the schedule anyway, and deal with issues when and if they arise later.
The locations of the games are set in stone, not just the Florida game. We're at home against LSU, Mizzou, Florida, and Tennessee, and the non-U6 OOC games, and on the road against Georgia, Miss. St., Vandy, S. Carolina, and U6.

Considering we have no established QB, to be picked this high by a prognosticator with a pulse is just one more sign of how far Stoops has moved the perception of the program.

As was the Vegas line that favored us by 3 over NC State from the get-go.

We aren’t NC dark horses, but have climbed half the way to being there in 8 seasons.

Considering we have no established QB, to be picked this high by a prognosticator with a pulse is just one more sign of how far Stoops has moved the perception of the program.

We aren’t NC dark horses, but have climbed half the way to being there in 8 seasons.

First of all I been posting here for several years, and one of the big complaints has always been lack of respect from the media and rightfully so. Now, UK being picked to finish 2nd without a proven QB and the media and talking heads are finally starting to give that respect so many wanted..

Now instead of being the hunter every game, you become the hunted in some games. IMO, the next step for UK is of course winning the East which obviously I don't want to happen and to toughen the schedule up a little by playing another P5 team in addition to Louisville. But UK is not looked at the same as they were 10 or even 5 years ago.

This has to be a joke. No proven QB and no wide receivers and we are predicted as 2nd? Not seeing it.
We should probably be ranked below Florida as well as Georgia, but who else should be ranked ahead of us in the East? Possibly Missouri? The SEC East looks pretty awful next year. South Carolina, Tennessee, Vandy, all will be terrible.

Frankly, UT might be 0-8 bad.

If their internal investigation outs Pruitt as a cheater, and they oust him, they just dump themselves back into that whirlpool of uncertainty, transfer of players, and loss of recruits.

Mizzou looked pretty good, and given all the circumstances of our poor showing, will likely be marked on the off-season calendar.

Reactions: RunninRichie

Your right on the money. Perceptions are changing. Attitudes are changing. We aren’t the bottom dwellers we used to be. When teams step up on the field with us, they know it’s not the same ol Kentucky. I am glad that Coach Stoops has made us relevant. Thanks Coach!

Frankly, UT might be 0-8 bad.

If their internal investigation outs Pruitt as a cheater, and they oust him, they just dump themselves back into that whirlpool of uncertainty, transfer of players, and loss of recruits.

Mizzou looked pretty good, and given all the circumstances of our poor showing, will likely be marked on the off-season calendar.

The Hamburgler was evidently UT’s recruiting coordinator.

ADVERTISEMENT