ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky out of the running for Mullins

I hope we get Lewis, because we will need him, unless somehow Mikel Brown decides to come. Jasper could be a lead guard, but he is not a PG right now. No offense to the Perry enthusiast’s, I want to see what he can do against high major competition, especially on the defensive end, before we give him the Raines in 25-26.

He didn't look to enthused in that picture with Pope, maybe he knew he wasn't coming but couldn't tell him, so daddy relayed the message that Kentucky was out of it.

It seems like it was jasper or Mullins, and I don't blame pope for taking jasper. Some things are out of our control. Same with cenak, we'll lose him if we get Caleb Wilson. We lost reibe when we got Moreno. I'm ecstatic with pope's recruiting, even moreso if we land the wilson/Lewis combo.
I really like Pope prioritizing Kentucky kids when they are highly skilled and can help the team. Looks like Kentucky has some good players coming up thru the ranks and I hope they all want to play for the Cats. Pope threw out a big net, and offered a lot of players, we aren’t getting them all.

Reactions: gojvc and Fox2monk
Ill be honest if we get Wilson and Lewis that's 2 more impact frosh to go with Moreno and JJ. I would be totally happy with that class assuming we get Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry and Noah back. Pope could work the portal for jr/sr PG and stretch 4 and still have 2 pieces to add to whatever he wants.

PG- Portal/Lewis/Perry
SG- Chandler/JJ/Perry
W- Oweh/Noah
F- Wilson/Portal
C- Garrison/Moreno
portal or frosh/portal or frosh/Horn/Darbyshire

It seems like it was jasper or Mullins, and I don't blame pope for taking jasper. Some things are out of our control. Same with cenak, we'll lose him if we get Caleb Wilson. We lost reibe when we got Moreno. I'm ecstatic with pope's recruiting, even moreso if we land the wilson/Lewis combo.
At least he had options, the ones who wanna come choose it and we lose some. No problem, I just hope we got the right ones!

Reactions: westerncat
Yeah I wish Mullins saw the upside and signed with us but I believe Pope will get someone superior. Every single basketball season you see multiple high level shooting guards. I believe their are other Mullins type of players in the World. He is not the only one that is blessed to shoot lights out. Let's be patient and see what comes out of the Big Blue Madness event. Hopefully will sign a stud or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: delk4three
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT