ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Officially Offers Tyty Washington

He puts the players first and getting them drafted first. The man will even tell you this. That’s all he talks about is the NBA and his players in the NBA.
He has zero on court incentives so he can lose every game and cash that monster paycheck. Do you think it’s an accident that he has such a contract?
Cal’s no idiot. He bent Barney over and took advantage of the greatest program in the history of college basketball.
Cal’s ego makes him want to be the best at something. 40-0 is out of the question since he blew it in 2015 and passing UCLA in championships is out. When is the last time he mentioned passing UCLA? When is the last time he mentioned getting players drafted?
The only thing Cal can be the best at is having the most players drafted while being coach at UK. That’s his goal and it’s so easy to see.
I guess it is true that people tend to see what they want to see.

If you think 09-15 is the norm you will be miserable....yes, I am a super fan and enough basketball knowledge to know that Cal has the most NCAAT wins than any team in the past 11 years...I also know the 9 win season was a fluke...If we lose 10+ games this year then I'm out
Do I expect the final four every year? No
Do I expect 38-1 every year? No
Do I expect to win the title every year? No

On the flip side of that......

Do I expect to have a losing record to UT and Auburn in the last 6 years? No
Do I expect to lose to Evansville, Richmond and Utah like we have in the last 6 years? No
Do I expect to be 23-23 against top 25 teams in the last 6 years? No
Do I expect to lose 4 of the last 5 to Kansas? No
Do I expect to lose to a lower seeded team 5 years in a row in the tournament? No

For me it isn't just one or the other as I would be happy with results somewhere in the middle of the 2. I mean I don't expect to beat UT and Auburn every game but we are UK and shouldn't have a losing record to them. We also shouldn't drop early season games to Richmond, Evansville or to Duke by 34 points. I also think we should be able to at least split games with Kansas and not be owned by them. And dropping that many games to lower seeded teams in a row should be unacceptable for any fan.

As far as last year being a fluke, we have at least 4 guys who are supposedly future pros. Shouldn't a team with that much talent still manage to outclass more than 9 teams?

Last edited:
KSR has a good interview with Washington's coach. He said during the Zoom that the staff showed him clips of Quickley, SGA, Maxey and other former guards. I think Cal is selling him on playing both guard positions and still plans to get a primary PG through the portal eventually. At least I hope that's the case. Would be ideal.

Also read elsewhere that Hickman is recruiting Washington. So there's no issue there.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bas...-built-for-kentucky-hes-a-dog-a-bonafide-dog/

It all depends on the round and the team you lose to. A second round loss to a 1 seed isn't necessarily an early exit as you weren't expected to win but a 2 seed losing to a 10 seed in the same second round would be.
UK has one loss in the round of 32 and that was 2016. Not making it past the first weekend is an early exit in my opinion others may believe otherwise

Reactions: travisbickle
Think he can be good, but it’s a gamble and this season UK needs a sure thing. Would rather have a proven transfer than a mid ranked freshman.

UK has one loss in the round of 32 and that was 2016. Not making it past the first weekend is an early exit in my opinion others may believe otherwise
Agreed first weekend loss is not acceptable at UK (or obviously anything less).

Second weekend is where matchups, injuries, Rooferees, etc. come into play and what makes the tournament so difficult to win.

I admittedly know nothing about this player, but why is he still uncommitted? Its awfully late. It’s not like he’s Hardy or one of the other one or two looking to go to the G League.

I admittedly know nothing about this player, but why is he still uncommitted? Its awfully late. It’s not like he’s Hardy or one of the other one or two looking to go to the G League.
He was committed to Creighton until a few weeks ago. He's been getting some attention because they say he is emerging during the spring. About all I know, others likely know a lot more about him.
He is a 6-4 PG.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
He was committed to Creighton until a few weeks ago. He's been getting some attention because they say he is emerging during the spring. About all I know, others likely know a lot more about him.
He is a 6-4 PG.
Yeah I noticed his size and Cal does love big PGs. If he can play at this level, Cal should make a big push for him.

Reactions: Cawood86
Ben Roberts was on with Leach this morning. Says TyTy knows his top 5, which he will be announcing shortly, and also said he thinks Washington will pick his school before May. Personally I'd like to see him announce next week. ;)

Ben Roberts was on with Leach this morning. Says TyTy knows his top 5, which he will be announcing shortly, and also said he thinks Washington will pick his school before May. Personally I'd like to see him announce next week. ;)

He is suppose to announce his schools tom...did he push it today?!?!

He decommitted from Creighton because of their coach's "plantation" remark he made to the team.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
KSR has a good interview with Washington's coach. He said during the Zoom that the staff showed him clips of Quickley, SGA, Maxey and other former guards. I think Cal is selling him on playing both guard positions and still plans to get a primary PG through the portal eventually. At least I hope that's the case. Would be ideal.

Also read elsewhere that Hickman is recruiting Washington. So there's no issue there.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bas...-built-for-kentucky-hes-a-dog-a-bonafide-dog/
After seeing the video this guy is the one I want. Marcus Carr is the best PG available and Washington is a close second. He's a very badly miss-evaluated player. Should be much higher than the 30-50 range that he's been put into.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT