ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Officially Offers Tyty Washington

That’s how low Cal has taken us.
This season 5 SEC teams made it further than us in the NCAAT.
The last NCAAT we actually played in, Auburn sent us home and made it further in the NCAAT by doing so.
The season before that, South Carolina made it further in the NCAAT than us.
See the trend?
"This is how low Cal has taken us."

We won the SEC pretty easily just a year ago...
No one's arguing that Cal did a crappy job last season, but you're acting like it's been the norm in recent years.

Reactions: KYFOSSIL
I could care less about the kneeling. I’m disappointed in the on court performance and the downward trend our great basketball program is on.
He isn’t a good coach and the game has changed. He’s scrambling to build rosters and that’s the new normal.
You do understand every team is hitting the transfer portal hard...This is the new CBB so teams like UK can poach guys..

You do understand every team is hitting the transfer portal hard...This is the new CBB so teams like UK can poach guys..
I do! And I know Cal only wins if he has superior talent. His most talented teams were his first 6 seasons at UK. The days of getting that kind of talent are over. That’s why we haven’t been to a FF since 2015. Cal can’t win at a high level with the talent available to him now.
As we witnessed this season Cal can’t throw a team together without a standout superstar and be very successful.

Last edited:
Reactions: kywildcat41086
"This is how low Cal has taken us."

We won the SEC pretty easily just a year ago...
No one's arguing that Cal did a crappy job last season, but you're acting like it's been the norm in recent years.
The SEC has been crappy the past few seasons. We’re losing the the majority of the prime time games. We even lost to Evansville.
People act if we would have went on a deep run in the NCAAT had it been played last season. We were actually a sweet 16 team at best.
Alabama was a better team this season than we were last season only losing one SEC game. They were an elite 8 team.

The SEC has been crappy the past few seasons. We’re losing the the majority of the prime time games. We even lost to Evansville.
People act if we would have went on a deep run in the NCAAT had it been played last season. We were actually a sweet 16 team at best.
Alabama was a better team this season than we were last season only losing one SEC game. They were an elite 8 team.
So

That’s how low Cal has taken us.
This season 5 SEC teams made it further than us in the NCAAT.
The last NCAAT we actually played in, Auburn sent us home and made it further in the NCAAT by doing so.
The season before that, South Carolina made it further in the NCAAT than us.
See the trend?
I could pick a random team every year other than 8 years and say they went further than us. In the NCAA tournament who cares what conference a team is in? At that point it only matters who finishes on top and if you’re expecting to win a championship every year I don’t know what to tell you.

Reactions: kl40504
I could pick a random team every year other than 8 years and say they went further than us. In the NCAA tournament who cares what conference a team is in? At that point it only matters who finishes on top and if you’re expecting to win a championship every year I don’t know what to tell you.
Sorry to say that is what some fans expect is winning a championship every year. Some of these expectations were brought on by Cal being so successful in his first five years at Kentucky.

I do! And I know Cal only wins if he has superior talent. His most talented teams were his first 6 seasons at UK. The days of getting that kind of talent are over. That’s why we haven’t been to a FF since 2015. Cal can’t win at a high level with the talent available to him now.
As we witnessed this season Cal can’t throw a team together without a standout superstar and be very successful.
Anyone could see this year's trouble was PG...Put Cooper or Cade on this team and it's much different..I'm chalking this year up as a fluke...if we have anything close this season (10L's) I'll join you guys wanting a change

That’s stupid to expect a championship every year. I absolutely don’t expect that. I also don’t expect to completely miss the NCAAT 2 out of 9 seasons. I don’t expect the highest paid coach in the history of UK basketball and the highest paid coach in college basketball to have the worst season in the history of the program.

I do expect our coach to put the program first over getting players drafted. I do expect the highest paid coach in college basketball to be able to adapt to the modern game. I do expect player retention. I do expect an offense.

Cal managed to win a SINGLE championship with the most talent of any other college basketball program in the country his first 6 seasons. He will gladly tell you we have more players in the NBA than any other team since he’s been at UK. And by a wide margin.

With the G-League, top recruits figuring out they can play at Ok St or LSU and get drafted just as highly, Cal is finished assembling his “super teams”

He is a very average coach and it will take some incredible luck for him to make another Final Four let alone win another NC.

That’s stupid to expect a championship every year. I absolutely don’t expect that. I also don’t expect to completely miss the NCAAT 2 out of 9 seasons. I don’t expect the highest paid coach in the history of UK basketball and the highest paid coach in college basketball to have the worst season in the history of the program.

I do expect our coach to put the program first over getting players drafted. I do expect the highest paid coach in college basketball to be able to adapt to the modern game. I do expect player retention. I do expect an offense.

Cal managed to win a SINGLE championship with the most talent of any other college basketball program in the country his first 6 seasons. He will gladly tell you we have more players in the NBA than any other team since he’s been at UK. And by a wide margin.

With the G-League, top recruits figuring out they can play at Ok St or LSU and get drafted just as highly, Cal is finished assembling his “super teams”

He is a very average coach and it will take some incredible luck for him to make another Final Four let alone win another NC.
So Cal doesn't put the UK program first? And this season was no different than any season so Cal should have won 30 games. Ok. Got it.

Anyone could see this year's trouble was PG...Put Cooper or Cade on this team and it's much different..I'm chalking this year up as a fluke...if we have anything close this season (10L's) I'll join you guys wanting a change
It was more than PG. Cal played Jackson and Sarr together way too much. He tried to use Sarr like Cousins and Sarr isn’t that type of player.
A stud PG would’ve helped but not as much as you think. This team couldn’t shoot. The opposing team could just pack it down inside and a stud PG may beat his guy but have 3 defenders waiting in the paint on him.
We will definitely have 10 L’s next season. We have no stud PG coming in and have one shooter in Allen.

I am not saying to fire Cal but you have to see a steep decline over the last 6 years compared to the first 6. Going from 190-38 to 149-55 is a big drop off. Also, a lot of those losses came to ranked teams and rivals like UT, Florida and now Alabama and that isn't going to sit well with fans. I just think changes need to be made to style of play, recruiting and staffing to become more relevant and one of the elite teams again but that doesn't include Cal leaving unless he is unwilling to make changes like Tubby was.

It was more than PG. Cal played Jackson and Sarr together way too much. He tried to use Sarr like Cousins and Sarr isn’t that type of player.
A stud PG would’ve helped but not as much as you think. This team couldn’t shoot. The opposing team could just pack it down inside and a stud PG may beat his guy but have 3 defenders waiting in the paint on him.
We will definitely have 10 L’s next season. We have no stud PG coming in and have one shooter in Allen.
Thanks for your input coach.

So Cal doesn't put the UK program first? And this season was no different than any season so Cal should have won 30 games. Ok. Got it.
He puts the players first and getting them drafted first. The man will even tell you this. That’s all he talks about is the NBA and his players in the NBA.
He has zero on court incentives so he can lose every game and cash that monster paycheck. Do you think it’s an accident that he has such a contract?
Cal’s no idiot. He bent Barney over and took advantage of the greatest program in the history of college basketball.
Cal’s ego makes him want to be the best at something. 40-0 is out of the question since he blew it in 2015 and passing UCLA in championships is out. When is the last time he mentioned passing UCLA? When is the last time he mentioned getting players drafted?
The only thing Cal can be the best at is having the most players drafted while being coach at UK. That’s his goal and it’s so easy to see.

He puts the players first and getting them drafted first. The man will even tell you this. That’s all he talks about is the NBA and his players in the NBA.
He has zero on court incentives so he can lose every game and cash that monster paycheck. Do you think it’s an accident that he has such a contract?
Cal’s no idiot. He bent Barney over and took advantage of the greatest program in the history of college basketball.
Cal’s ego makes him want to be the best at something. 40-0 is out of the question since he blew it in 2015 and passing UCLA in championships is out. When is the last time he mentioned passing UCLA? When is the last time he mentioned getting players drafted?
The only thing Cal can be the best at is having the most players drafted while being coach at UK. That’s his goal and it’s so easy to see.
Looking out for his players is one of his best qualities. You have to get good players to win. Oscar came to Kentucky because of that reason. Getting good players and winning go hand in hand.

Looking out for his players is one of his best qualities. You have to get good players to win. Oscar came to Kentucky because of that reason. Getting good players and winning go hand in hand.
For Cal it absolutely goes hand in hand. He has to get the best players to win.
Do you think he could’ve coached that UCLA team to a Final Four?
The days of Cal getting the best players are over!
His run at KY is over.

Did Tucker say if UK leads for TyTy?
He did not say that, but he also didn't say anybody else is the team to beat.
Btw Travis Graf put in a futurecast for TyTy to UK.

Last edited:
It’s crazy how many hate coach. You don’t root for the pilot to crash the damn plane your on. We love the Kentucky wildcats. We expect a lot. 99% of teams would rather be us last year aside. Yet everyone wants change. Who wouldn’t take cal tommorow? And yet so many here want him gone. He could damn near have his pick.

It’s crazy how many hate coach. You don’t root for the pilot to crash the damn plane your on. We love the Kentucky wildcats. We expect a lot. 99% of teams would rather be us last year aside. Yet everyone wants change. Who wouldn’t take cal tommorow? And yet so many here want him gone. He could damn near have his pick.
You know just because people call it how they see it he's trending down and has been for a while now. Records , recruiting , hiring all his buddies on staff, and coaching he's going down the road that Tubby went down. Once it goes down this road it's time Cal changes or if he can't change then he needs to hit the road. This program was built to be sustained not built to let go down the toilet!

Reactions: WhiteMamba14
I am not saying to fire Cal but you have to see a steep decline over the last 6 years compared to the first 6. Going from 190-38 to 149-55 is a big drop off. Also, a lot of those losses came to ranked teams and rivals like UT, Florida and now Alabama and that isn't going to sit well with fans. I just think changes need to be made to style of play, recruiting and staffing to become more relevant and one of the elite teams again but that doesn't include Cal leaving unless he is unwilling to make changes like Tubby was.
Do you think the first 6 years is realistic for any college team.. 4 F4 a runner up and a title..come on now...

Reactions: jace2012
For Cal it absolutely goes hand in hand. He has to get the best players to win.
Do you think he could’ve coached that UCLA team to a Final Four?
The days of Cal getting the best players are over!
His run at KY is over.
Do you think anyone would make a F4 with that UCLA team..no..its called a fluke run kinda like UK and Uconn in 14..Juzang got hot and went Kemba like..watch UCLA fall way back this year with the same team

You need to chill and let the process play out. Cal will 100% bring in another PG..and you might want to check out Grady if you think Allen is the only shooter...try to keep up brah

Reactions: jace2012 and germuk
Listening to the Leach Report today. It sounds as if TY TY is very interested in KY. We may have our next PG. Lucas was recruiting him but CAL has taken over and called him yesterday while Kyle Tucker was on the phone with him.

Ummm it happened so it has to be realistic and not fantasy. But hey if you are okay with 9 win seasons, early exits in the NCAA tournament and being Rick Barnes b!t+# then good for you Superfan.
If you think 09-15 is the norm you will be miserable....yes, I am a super fan and enough basketball knowledge to know that Cal has the most NCAAT wins than any team in the past 11 years...I also know the 9 win season was a fluke...If we lose 10+ games this year then I'm out

Ummm it happened so it has to be realistic and not fantasy. But hey if you are okay with 9 win seasons, early exits in the NCAA tournament and being Rick Barnes b!t+# then good for you Superfan.
What do you consider an early exit?

You need to chill and let the process play out. Cal will 100% bring in another PG..and you might want to check out Grady if you think Allen is the only shooter...try to keep up brah
I assume Cal is still going to be coaching? Outside of adding a Davis, Wall, Towns type player I don’t expect us to do much!

ADVERTISEMENT