ADVERTISEMENT

***Kentucky - Northwestern*** game thread

QUOTE="jauk11, post: 6452598, member: 5222"]Kind of glad some of the trolls and basketball fans dropped out, not enough did though.

Stoops showing enough guts for you now. Went for it all, it isn't always the way that wins the game.

Hey, VERY courageous try, the whole game, nothing to be ashamed about, probably helped our recruiting if anything. Some will even like going for it and losing. And it probably was our best chance, think he would have caught it if the second defender hadn't got a finger on it-----and that is all that he got on it.

Proud of the team AND coaches, almost overcame a tremendous (and senseless) handicap. I really am glad I wasn't that ref, as badly as I would like to have had the opportunity. And while NO official is allowed to officiate his teams games and throwing a game is not happening at this level I bet he wishes he hadn't even got this game.

Oh, and I won my bet, and I don't even care if some of the trolls and doubter lost theirs.

I thought I was going to need his address, no, not for threats, and hope no one stoops that low, to send him a bill for the bet I lost, great comeback to save his money, lol.

Bye, got another game to go watch.
[/QUOTE]

Are you quoting yourself?

Please just fire him now. I can't take it anymore, Had a month to prepare and that's the best play call he can come up with.

Typical. Who is your real team?

EXECUTION, if the other receiver hadn't gotten too close so the SEOND DB got his FINGER on the ball he probably catches it any way-----OR if the pass is a little more accurate.

EXECUTION, if the other receiver hadn't gotten too close so the SEOND DB got his FINGER on the ball he probably catches it any way-----OR if the pass is a little more accurate.
Typical. You making an excuse for our mediocre coach.

Are you quoting yourself?[/QUOTE]

No was, trying to edit it because it didn't come out as an original post, reposted it later, but didn't get it done in time, sorry. Also trying to delete it, but it is lost so far.

The corrected post is just above your post now, lol.

Reactions: brianpoe

The pass was awful, which wr was he even throwing to?

There was a window if the throw had been a tad better, but no one is surprised, SJ has about as much touch on short throws as Shaq does at the free throw line.

Reactions: Nubb16
We are roughed up. Overtime wouldn't have yielded a win more than likely. I like the call, not the play, and I don't like anything Stoops does so.

Imo.

Dang!

"and I don't like anything Stoops does so."

Finally you post something I agree with.

This times a frick’n 1000. Coach is paid to consider this. He’s an idiot.

Started to give you a like since that is the only way I can give you a dislike and that erases the like, but I got ill thinking about doing that.

I'm 50/50 on the 2 point conversion, but the players fought hard. Also, we were missing some key pieces, battling injuries, the refs, etc.. I'm proud of our players. Hopefully Stoops learns from this season and grows as a coach. I have to have that mindset, because he's gonna be here at least 2 more seasons, whether we like it or not.

Reactions: jauk11 and brianpoe
Started to give you a like since that is the only way I can give you a dislike and that erases the like, but I got ill thinking about doing that.
I like you, jauk. You bring balance to the board. We just don’t agree on coach Stoops’ ability to make decisions on his feet. Have a safe New Years.

Anyone ever wore those gloves WRs wear? I have and I have no idea how they drop passes.

Yeah, I had always wondered about that, geez I don't think I ever dropped as many as some of these guys, seriously------and then they make some amazing catches also.

Reactions: JStaff2187
Yeah, I had always wondered about that, geez I don't think I ever dropped as many as some of these guys, seriously------and then they make some amazing catches also.

I prefer the old school Raiders stickum...

defensive-back-lester-hayes-of-the-los-angeles-raiders-on-the-with-picture-id97408213

Reactions: JStaff2187
I like you, jauk. You bring balance to the board. We just don’t agree on coach Stoops’ ability to make decisions on his feet. Have a safe New Years.

And how soon do you think the negativity on here will get him fired? Most certainly not until he recruits two or three more GOOD classes that we desperately need but you can hurt recruiting even if only a little.

I think UK gave a very good account of themselves today.

Reactions: alydar799
And how soon do you think the negativity on here will get him fired? Most certainly not until he recruits two or three more GOOD classes that we desperately need but you can hurt recruiting even if only a little.

I think UK gave a very good account of themselves today.

jauk, who was the last coach fired at UK because of the negativity on a message board?

And how soon do you think the negativity on here will get him fired? Most certainly not until he recruits two or three more GOOD classes that we desperately need but you can hurt recruiting even if only a little. I think UK gave a very good account of themselves today.
Jauk, I don’t believe the powers that be cares anything about what us clowns think and discuss on a message board. As long as this team represents our state, I’ll always care. If people didn’t care about this team, only you and a few other strong Stoops supporters would be here. Just my two cents. Have a good weekend.

Reactions: brianpoe
jauk, who was the last coach fired at UK because of the negativity on a message board?

Thank you for proving my point, since it has never happened AND isn't about to happen the only possible effect would be the possibility of affecting even one recruit's decision, and liking the coaches is THE biggest factor in their decision according to one article I read.

Jauk, I don’t believe the powers that be cares anything about what us clowns think and discuss on a message board. As long as this team represents our state, I’ll always care. If people didn’t care about this team, only you and a few other strong Stoops supporters would be here. Just my two cents. Have a good weekend.

Strong Stoops supporter? I am a strong TEAM supporter, but it just happens that Stoops IS and WILL BE our coach for a while so the best thing for the TEAM is to quit drowning the board in negativity.

Still waiting for the first attempt to show how it can possibly help anything, especially recruiting.

I do agree 100% you guys aren't going to have any effect on Stoops, Marrow, Gran, etc etc getting fired.

So, what is your purpose?

The question doesn't apply to all the trolls, they know what they are doing.

Last edited:
Strong Stoops supporter? I am a strong TEAM supporter, but it just happens that Stoops IS and WILL BE our coach for a while so the best thing for the TEAM is to quit drowning the board in negativity.

Still waiting for the first attempt to show how it can possibly help anything, especially recruiting.

I do agree 100% you guys aren't going to have any effect on Stoops, Marrow, Gran, etc etc getting fired.

I agree that Stoops will be here for a long time. It will be fun watching him learn from his mistakes and become a good coach. He will be much better next year. Damian Harris just made a big play for SEC! Sorry, watching playoff as I respond.

I’ll chime in here. Stoops frustrates me to no end and I’ve told you that. I also defended him and the TEAM as much as anyone for the effort and performance in the bowl game. Personally I complain because it’s a messsge board and the purpose of a message board is to express your opinion. As you said, no matter what anyone says Stoops job isn’t in jeopardy so basically I say my piece to bide time until the day finally comes that Stoops does move on. But again, you’re right, negative posting will not get him fired. PEACE.

Reactions: brianpoe and jauk11
I’ll chime in here. Stoops frustrates me to no end and I’ve told you that. I also defended him and the TEAM as much as anyone for the effort and performance in the bowl game. Personally I complain because it’s a messsge board and the purpose of a message board is to express your opinion. As you said, no matter what anyone says Stoops job isn’t in jeopardy so basically I say my piece to bide time until the day finally comes that Stoops does move on. But again, you’re right, negative posting will not get him fired. PEACE.

Good post.

But I still have to see ONE post that gives a positive reason for all the negativity, especially since all of you acknowledge it won't get Stoops (AND Marrow, and Gran, and------) fired so we can start over again. He is still making progress in what has been our BIGGEST problem in forever, raw talent. AND he has shown that you can recruit at UK, even coming off a TWO win season, which was our best class. Still good classes AND still filling in some need positions, sometimes with overlooked two star prospects that are now NFL prospects, with Bohanna maybe next in line.

We are still building, still progressing in our record, (much better bowl exhibition, bet a lot of recruits thought we should have won) AND are still redshirting a lot of good players we would have had to have playing before, some four stars, some even 5.9 four stars. IMPORTANT, and a big addition next year.

So, now tell me ONE thing all the negativity will do for recruiting, besides make some recruits think THEIR coach might not be here for them, maybe not even for their first action after redshirting-----according to some trolls, let alone at the end of their four (or five) years.

AND in a lot of cases it is a very close decision, no matter how often they say they always loved the school they committed to-----AFTER they commit. All the negativity on here could well be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Why not lay off at least until recruiting is over, would that kill anyone? This is another critical class for improving our talent and filling holes, very good for us so far and could improve, and IF you do get Stoops on the hot seat in two or three years (I am betting against it) he will leave a talent base and recruiting plan that can attract a very good coach-------that will need the experienced talent from this class at that time.

Use your head.

Good post.

But I still have to see ONE post that gives a positive reason for all the negativity, especially since all of you acknowledge it won't get Stoops (AND Marrow, and Gran, and------) fired so we can start over again. He is still making progress in what has been our BIGGEST problem in forever, raw talent. AND he has shown that you can recruit at UK, even coming off a TWO win season, which was our best class. Still good classes AND still filling in some need positions, sometimes with overlooked two star prospects that are now NFL prospects, with Bohanna maybe next in line.

We are still building, still progressing in our record, (much better bowl exhibition, bet a lot of recruits thought we should have won) AND are still redshirting a lot of good players we would have had to have playing before, some four stars, some even 5.9 four stars. IMPORTANT, and a big addition next year.

So, now tell me ONE thing all the negativity will do for recruiting, besides make some recruits think THEIR coach might not be here for them, maybe not even for their first action after redshirting-----according to some trolls, let alone at the end of their four (or five) years.

AND in a lot of cases it is a very close decision, no matter how often they say they always loved the school they committed to-----AFTER they commit. All the negativity on here could well be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Why not lay off at least until recruiting is over, would that kill anyone? This is another critical class for improving our talent and filling holes, very good for us so far and could improve, and IF you do get Stoops on the hot seat in two or three years (I am betting against it) he will leave a talent base and recruiting plan that can attract a very good coach-------that will need the experienced talent from this class at that time.

Use your head.

Fair enough. Can’t speak for the other posters but I’m over this year and probably won’t have a lot to say until next year. Some good things will happen in the off season and probably some not-so-good things too. I’ll wait and hope we come out like gangbusters next year and if that’s the case I’ll heap praise on them like I did after the bowl game. If we come out and play bad and win 5-6 games I’ll have a hard time keeling my mouth shut. Especially if the coaching staff seems to be the issue. But I’ll certainly hope for the best and keep an open mind.

Good post.

Use your head.

Use your head.

Every team has message boards and they all have some negativity.

Recruits dont choose teams from message boards.

Message boards are for fans to discuss THEIR opinions.

Message boards are NOT a PR extension of the team or a coach.

Message boards are not a recruiting tool.

If you cannot handle reading this board without designating yourself as the purveyor of criticism versus those whose opinions differ from yours then perhaps you should move to Turkey and join them in attempting to jail Kanter for his negative remarks...?

Oh, a thread that has devolved into a “Bad, Stoops, Bad” thread. Go figure.
Well it could have been about how climate change is Mitch Barnhart's fault or which one of our QB's (pick one) is the savior and another QB (pick one) is the reason for war in the middle east. I'm convinced most intelligent people don't post here much so the question is, Where does that leave you and me?

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
ADVERTISEMENT