ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky makes Stephen Herron Jr's Top 10

I'm happy with that for now. If he is, as appears, genuinely feeling the UK vibe a little, you cannot blame him for holding off a bit before jumping in and grabbing both oars. Punish USM and beat Florida, and he might be a UK verbal before mid-season, and thereafter an early signee... "Why Not?"

Like a not-so-old song, "I smell sex and . . . . candy and . . . . gun powder."

Maybe we are seeing the first signs of UL's NCAA troubles affecting their ability to recruit. I hope Romeo Langford feels the same about UL as Herron after this mess they have got themselves into! With UL out of the way and the type of season IU is about to have in basketball, things are looking better for Romeo to UK every day. With New Albany basically being a part of Jefferson County and Trinity being in the county, if those kids start dropping UL, we are going to start reaping some nice benefits. Herron and Langford to UK due to UL's scandal would almost make it worth the fact that UL has gotten off so easy so far.

A top player from Trinity not listing UL in his top 10 is a REAL bad sign on the UL front. R-E-A-L bad! UK has stole a few players away from UL over the years, but I can GUARANTEE you that UL would have made each player's top 10 list had they released one. This is huge news and shows that the scandal is not just affecting their basketball program, in my opinion.

All in my worthless opinion as always!

Reactions: The-Hack
UL believes he not their kind of player. Stays out of trouble too much for them. :)

Not that farfetched, remember Brown, the #1 RB in the nation from Kansas that committed to Thug U AFTER they let him spend the weekend with his favorite Orange Pride, but left shortly after that saying he didn't fit in with the players. Apparently he had some morals.

Reactions: Poetax
Herron will be going to a high academic school. Most of the kids who put out top 10 lists already know who their top 3 or 5 are. The kids continue to get attention and fans of lesser schools still hold out hope. There's nothing wrong with that.

Herron will be going to a high academic school. Most of the kids who put out top 10 lists already know who their top 3 or 5 are. The kids continue to get attention and fans of lesser schools still hold out hope. There's nothing wrong with that.
Are you a UK alum, or just a "fan"? It sounds like you exclude UK from that set of better schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: football follies
I am a UK alum and LOVE Kentucky but to say its on the same academic level as Stanford or Michigan is just ignorant. Standford is a top 5 university in the country usually only behind Harvard, Princeton, Yale & MIT and Michigan is always ranked in the top 3 or 4 public schools in the nation along with UVA, Cal & UCLA. Its a pretty wide gap between UK and those 2. The gap isn't quite as wide with UK and OSU though.

I am not saying UK is an Ivy League school or Stanford, but I am saying that depending upon his degree program of interest, UK might very well offer a fine education, and therefore he might be perfectly comfortable with a UK degree. Jon Toth is no dummy. Did he choose to attend Purdue for his engineering education? I assure you he could have done so. You can't just paint UK as slightly better than a community college. It is a far better institution than that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT