ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky is now 5-15 in the last 20 games against top-25 teams

This is what Calipari calls the Gold Standard of college basketball. Kentucky has also gone

1-5 in our last 6 games in the Champions classic
2-6 in our last 8 games against the BIG10. This against a conference that's won 1 NCAA championship in the last 34 years
8-10 in our last 18 games against Tennessee. This against a school that has NEVER been to a Final Four
UK hasn't won a NCAA tournament game since 2019
UK hasn't been to the Final Four in 8 years. Calipari is approaching the longest Final Four drought in UK history by a single coach. From 1999-2011 was longer but that involved 3 different coaches.

Way to go Cal, fans of our rivals are loving this.
But wait, there’s more!

All of this while brandishing the #1 or #2 recruiting classes during that time, having 2 NPOY’s, 3 #1 draft picks, countless lottery picks, and producing the most NBA prospects of any coach, during his tenure at UK!

We are NOT taking about BCG or Tubby level talent here. That’s coaching malpractice on Eastern European PEDS🤣

UK is going to mess around and be removed from these made for TV classics games. Keep this up and the star power will be gone. Then CBS, ESPN or the rest will find a better program to kick off the season. We will be stuck playing Northern Kentucky or EKU.

That would be rock bottom and a total embarrassment.
Sadly, it’s going to take rock bottom to wise up the ones that matter. So be it. The fans have drug this program out of the quicksand before, and will again. Tough seeing this happening, and I know you have seen it more than me, but I know you know we will come back, given time. Better days ahead.

And Missouri's coach, and Kansas' coach, and Michigan State's coach, and Gonzaga's coach.....etc. etc. etc.

IT GETS FREAKING OLD.

We're young.

calipari.395.jpg

All of it sucks. Saying UK hasn't won a tournament game since 2019 is a little disingenuous. There is an asterisk in there and that is there wasn't a tournament played in 2020. If you are going to include it then you should at least make note of that season's lost tournament.

I know I know. Small detail. It's still a detail.

Also, again, it is not 8 seasons. It's 7. No need to make up lies to fit the agenda. Of course, that isn't the end of the dishonesty in that list. That drought of Final Fours seasons was the results of 1 coach and the bare cupboard he left when he took off like a thief in the night.

Tubby is the main reason for that 12 year drought.

Cal has had horrendous results lately. That doesn't mean you should leave out information just because it makes your post look good.
Right. It's cherry picking to an agenda. The numbers are bad enough on their own. There's only been 2 NCAA tourneys since 2019. We're 0-1 in those 2. That's bad enough to not have to add 2 years to it. But Cal is 31-9 in the NCAA since he got here.

That makes me question the rest of the numbers. We don't have a very good team right now. That's enough of a reason to be upset with Cal.

This is what Calipari calls the Gold Standard of college basketball. Kentucky has also gone

2-6 in our last 8 games against the BIG10. This against a conference that's won 1 NCAA championship in the last 34 years
8-10 in our last 18 games against Tennessee. This against a school that has NEVER been to a Final Four
UK hasn't been to the Final Four in 8 years. Calipari is approaching the longest Final Four drought in UK history by a single coach. From 1999-2011 was longer but that involved 3 different coaches.

Really is terrible how Cal has let the program slide. Didn’t think the first half of his tenure was sustainable but sure didn’t expect this bad of a decline.

This is failing at a very high rate. Our record looks like the last 2 years of Tubby.

His record will be worse than last year. He isn't trending towards any tournament appearance.

Are we seeing the end of the road for Cal? His future lies exactly on next year's team.

Really is terrible how Cal has let the program slide. Didn’t think the first half of his tenure was sustainable but sure didn’t expect this bad of a decline.

Exactly my thought in a nutshell. Some regression is expected. This has been like a 180 to that. Going from 38 wins to 26-30, is one thing. To go 9-16 and then lose in the 1st round are just unheard of things for Kentucky.

Well that’s depressing

Can’t be disputed. Numbers don’t lie, and those are ugly

9 mil and you get to win 33% of your ranked games, anyone signing up

What is it if we toss out 20-21 season?

I'm not saying that season should be ignored, it was our worst EVER season (& the coach should be accountable for that), but that team obviously was bad (poorly constructed). But I'd like to see how bad our record is in those tougher games with supposedly good UK teams. I'm guessing around .500 (which to me is not good enough!).
Yeah. Wish I could selectively toss out my failures as well.

Sad. I’d love for someone in the media to grow some balls and lay these numbers out to Cal and ask him to explain it. We’d get some bs, but he is getting way too many passes while lossing to the majority of good teams.
This state went soft.

I truly don't care about next year's " super class" if it means Cal is here to " coach" them.

Stats do not lie, and Cal should be ashamed of the teams he's been putting on the floor, and the subsequent results.

I want the complacent, NBA loving, non coaching S.O.B out of Lexington, and away from my beloved UK program as fast as is possible.

Sadly, it’s going to take rock bottom to wise up the ones that matter. So be it. The fans have drug this program out of the quicksand before, and will again. Tough seeing this happening, and I know you have seen it more than me, but I know you know we will come back, given time. Better days ahead.
With a change in coaches. We must do that to dig out of this.

Have any of our current UK players won an NCAA Tournament game in a UK uniform? I can't recall they have. This has to be a first in UK history.

UK has sunk a lot deeper than we want to admit. It is far worse than it even appears on paper. UK is no longer UK.

Reactions: Backer cutter
And those muppets on Pardon the Interruption say we're ungrateful. Ungrateful for what exactly? Five years of relevancy that ended 8 years ago?
And that’s all they are: media puppets.

If any one tells you that high standards make you ungrateful, cut them out of your life. They’re losers! People that actually care would support the high standards. While also reminding to keep some things in check. I see nothing out of check right now for BBN. We have five years of mediocrity with one or two small bright spots.

That’s not good enough for UK. And I won’t apologize for thinking so.

Now, that being said I realize that every year is not going to be a title or FF. Crap happens.

But we have NO hardware since 2019. And I mean none. Unacceptable. Even a year with a SECT title with a E8 finish is an ok year. We didn’t even have that in the last four years. Just wrong!

ADVERTISEMENT