ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky governor: Children were sexually assaulted and tried drugs because teachers were protesting

mktmaker

Junior
Jun 5, 2001
Atlanta
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Children were sexually assaulted or ingested poison Friday because teachers were at the Capitol to protest the state budget, Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin said in an impromptu press conference just hours after his vetoes of the budget and tax reform bills were overridden.

"I guarantee you somewhere in Kentucky today, a child was sexually assaulted that was left at home because there was nobody there to watch them," Bevin said. "I guarantee you somewhere today, a child was physically harmed or ingested poison because they were left alone because a single parent didn’t have any money to take care of them."

Bevin made the comments when approached by reporters outside the state Capitol just before 7:30 p.m. Friday.

Teachers from across the state rallied in Frankfort on Friday to encourage legislators to override the governor's vetoes of the tax reform bill and the budget. At least 39 school districts were out of session to allow education officials and other supporters to meet in Frankfort to protest.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...aulted-because-teachers-protesting/516783002/

I was born and raised in Kentucky, but I haven't lived there in many years.

I just posted the article. I don't have an opinion -- yet.

But that "guarantee" is a reach.

I was born and raised in Kentucky, but I haven't lived there in many years.

I just posted the article. I don't have an opinion -- yet.

But that "guarantee" is a reach.

Let us know when you have formed your opinion

Reactions: -Mav-
Embarrassing and stupid.

He’s Trump’s mirror. Any time he tries or does something good, he then opens his pie hole and his brains fall out.
I’m pretty sure he’s got trump beat on these comments. No way he gets re-elected for anything! Is there....?

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Children were sexually assaulted or ingested poison Friday because teachers were at the Capitol to protest the state budget, Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin said in an impromptu press conference just hours after his vetoes of the budget and tax reform bills were overridden.

"I guarantee you somewhere in Kentucky today, a child was sexually assaulted that was left at home because there was nobody there to watch them," Bevin said. "I guarantee you somewhere today, a child was physically harmed or ingested poison because they were left alone because a single parent didn’t have any money to take care of them."

Bevin made the comments when approached by reporters outside the state Capitol just before 7:30 p.m. Friday.

Teachers from across the state rallied in Frankfort on Friday to encourage legislators to override the governor's vetoes of the tax reform bill and the budget. At least 39 school districts were out of session to allow education officials and other supporters to meet in Frankfort to protest.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...aulted-because-teachers-protesting/516783002/
As long as we have a guarantee, I guess.

Reactions: -Mav-
Bevin has diarrhea of the mouth. He was probably right though.
In what way was he “right”? That means you agree with his insane thoughts and statements. Just because you don’t say them doesn’t make it ok to think like that. Sexual abuse doesn’t have a schedule. He’s blaming teachers for allowing kids to be sexually abused. Does he blame the weather when we have a snow day?

In what way was he “right”? That means you agree with his insane thoughts and statements. Just because you don’t say them doesn’t make it ok to think like that. Sexual abuse doesn’t have a schedule. He’s blaming teachers for allowing kids to be sexually abused. Does he blame the weather when we have a snow day?
You are right. It was idiotic.

Reactions: funKYcat75
I no longer live in Kentucky but still keep up with the news. It was a stupid thing to say, but he has at least had enough guts to try to start fixing some of the retirement/pension issues that decades of politicians have ignored or traded for votes. Unfortunately, he’s finding out that everyone is only concerned about the present and aren’t really serious about the impending collapse of the system.

So are you saying he is wrong or are you saying he's an ahole for pointing it out?

Or Is he saying that teachers have a critical role in protecting kids and they are invaluable to the community?? If the teachers want to be heard he should probably listen before his actions lead to another kid being sexually abused.

Guys, think about it. If one kid, just one, could be saved from being raped if they never missed a day of school then wouldn’t it be worth it?

He’s Trump’s mirror.

huh1.jpg

If teachers are the only thing standing in the way of rampant child rape and poisoning, one would think that is a valid reason to provide better financial support for teachers.
Teachers make $50k a year for half a year's work and have amazing health insurance and a retirement that pays them 75% of their top 3 year's average salary. And they are bankrupting the state. What more should they be given?

Reactions: UKMKG
Teachers make $50k a year for half a year's work and have amazing health insurance and a retirement that pays them 75% of their top 3 year's average salary. And they are bankrupting the state. What more should they be given?
August/September - May/June (don't know when y'all start and end in KY) is more than half a year.

Reactions: John Barleycorn

It's common to blame schools for everything: Kids are not fed- school's fault; Kids are poorly behaved- school's fault; Kids no longer pray-school's fault; Kids getting into trouble outside school hours-school's fault; etc....

I'd vote for a dead dog before I'd vote for 99.9999999999999999999999% of all democrats, but I will not vote for bevin again.

ADVERTISEMENT