Brendan Hord
Jack Hicks
Trae Harmon
Drew Grace
Ron Cole

Am I missing anyone?

I did miss one

Chase Bryan

He was in last year as well, IIRC and couldn't find a spot to land so he came back.

Everyone in that program knows that Mingione is a total fraud and BS artist. The 2021 team will do better with as much turnover as possible.

bring in a bunch of naive players that will all arrive totally buying into the BS Mingione is selling and max them out before they discover his act is all a gimmick.

This scares me for Smith. It's a touchy subject, but in 2017 UK took 3 top recruits that had tommy johns before making it to UK. Two never pitched for UK and the third was Ben Jordan.

Point being that, sadly, none of them had major careers at UK after the surgery and that all three seemed like they took a long time to recover, for whatever reason. So, that scares me for him. Hopefully, he's the one to break that trend.

I mean, it’s one thing for these guys to have these conversations in private. But going on social media with these things is very telling. And the fact that they’re tagging Mingione and Barnhartt is something else. I know baseball doesn’t have the strong alumni base as the other sports but when some of your best players are doing this, something is terribly wrong.

Reactions: UK till Death
@sluggercatfan was Kessler one of the two starters who were transfer candidates you were referring to a couple of weeks ago? Do you still think another starter will likely be entering the portal soon?

Clearly not slugger, but I didn't see Kess hitting the portal. Didn't think he'd return, but I'm surprised he is in. So my guess is that there are more.

They have until July 1 to announce...

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Clearly not slugger, but I didn't see Kess hitting the portal. Didn't think he'd return, but I'm surprised he is in. So my guess is that there are more.

They have until July 1 to announce...
Will be interesting to see who else decides to leave. I understand that in this day and age transfers are common and roster turnover in college baseball can be high but our situation has gotten out of control and sounds like it may get worse. Doesn't leave much room for optimism.

Will be interesting to see who else decides to leave. I understand that in this day and age transfers are common and roster turnover in college baseball can be high but our situation has gotten out of control and sounds like it may get worse. Doesn't leave much room for optimism.

It's going to get worse...

It will get worse. More entering the portal within the next few days.

The sooner the better. I don't think a change is made, but if it is then it definitely won't happen after June 30. So, the earlier these guys jump in, maybe the more heavily it leans on Barnhart prior to the contract rolling over.

The sooner the better. I don't think a change is made, but if it is then it definitely won't happen after June 30. So, the earlier these guys jump in, maybe the more heavily it leans on Barnhart prior to the contract rolling over.
July 1 is contract roll over?
Basically save 1 year of Ming's contract as I understand it?

This is not a good look for us.

July 1 is contract roll over?
Basically save 1 year of Ming's contract as I understand it?

This is not a good look for us.

Yea, so the contract runs from July 1 to June 30 every year. So, the big thing with this for UK is that after June 30 they will owe Mingione for the full year (2021-2022), plus an additional 2 years (IIRC) at 50 percent. If they fired him right now they would just owe him 2 years at 50 percent because they've already paid him in full for 2020-2021. So, they'd save approximately $475,000 by firing him before June 30.

Reactions: SeanCain

These guys have my seal of approval. They have the guts to say things others won't.

Quoting myself to point out that Tommy B is Thomas Bennett, a former UK infielder from Frankfort, Western Hills High School that redshirted at UK in 2018. He is warning recruits to stay away from UK.

Crosby Bringhurst is another former UK player that has at least re-tweeted posts critical of Mingione and the program.

Edit to point out some more I have found that are/were connected to the program and at least agreeing with what these guys say:

Aaron McGeorge - former pitcher for UK

Josh Smith - Former pitcher for UK now in MiLB with the Rangers.

Alex Rodriguez - Former starting SS for UK.

The father of Alex Margot, a former UK pitcher at least liked a negative one.

Gunnar McNeill - Former 1B

Austin Keen - Former UK pitcher (just said it was no longer fun, essentially)

The post from Loney that says, 'They are leaving for one real reason and it's not hard to figure out what that reason is.' was liked by Tristian Pompey and seemingly a relative of Braxton Cottongame.

Grant Macciocchi - Former UK pitcher.

Houston King - Was on UK roster this year, now in portal.

JP Bitzenhofer - Former UK pitcher on the roster in 2017 as a fresh.

Whew... there is a lot.

Last edited:
I have just been going down a rabbit hole this morning finding things... here is another one that I don't think has been mentioned:

UK got Jake Thompson as a JUCO player and he was on the roster in 2019 where he took a redshirt. For whatever reason, he didn't return in 2020 and instead went on to Oklahoma State where this season he was their starting 1B and played some OF. He hit .342 this season with 8 doubles, 3 home runs and 32 RBIs, he walked 38 time sand struck out just 19, so he had an OB% of .502.

Both Kaden and Thompson were pushed out.
kaden cut. Thompson saw what Mingione was doing and wisely asked to be redshirt so he wouldn’t lose a year and then bolted.

Reactions: UK till Death
What I don’t get is it’s as clear as day we’re going to be terrible next year. Why not go ahead and let the next coach start rebuilding the program sooner instead of waiting one more year for the inevitable. It’s a slap in the face to fans to accept a lost season just to save some money.

Mingiones goofy act sells well to the soccer mom’s and whoever the people are that buy the tickets and don’t show up ever.

Both of those are key demo’s They targeted I bet.

What I don’t get is it’s as clear as day we’re going to be terrible next year. Why not go ahead and let the next coach start rebuilding the program sooner instead of waiting one more year for the inevitable. It’s a slap in the face to fans to accept a lost season just to save some money.

I think Barnhart probably believes the crap about him basically being unlucky and all that junk. That he was amazing 1 year and he can be again and that year two was a bad beat and we should have been in tournament and 2019 was rebuilding and 2020 was Covid and 2021 just wasn't that bad.

He is ignoring the rest of the stuff, or so it seems.

If it was any other team, I would be laughing. Oh who am I kidding. I am laughing. I wake up in the morning to see what episode will be on today.

Quoting myself to point out that Tommy B is Thomas Bennett, a former UK infielder from Frankfort, Western Hills High School that redshirted at UK in 2018. He is warning recruits to stay away from UK.

Crosby Bringhurst is another former UK player that has at least re-tweeted posts critical of Mingione and the program.

Edit to point out some more I have found that are/were connected to the program and at least agreeing with what these guys say:

Aaron McGeorge - former pitcher for UK

Josh Smith - Former pitcher for UK now in MiLB with the Rangers.

Alex Rodriguez - Former starting SS for UK.

The father of Alex Margot, a former UK pitcher at least liked a negative one.

Gunnar McNeill - Former 1B

Austin Keen - Former UK pitcher (just said it was no longer fun, essentially)

The post from Loney that says, 'They are leaving for one real reason and it's not hard to figure out what that reason is.' was liked by Tristian Pompey and seemingly a relative of Braxton Cottongame.

Grant Macciocchi - Former UK pitcher.

Houston King - Was on UK roster this year, now in portal.

JP Bitzenhofer - Former UK pitcher on the roster in 2017 as a fresh.

Whew... there is a lot.
Tristan Pompey has bashed the program ever since he left.

Its one thing if it's only a player or two as that happens everywhere, but when its 3/4 of your current team and a ton of previous players thats embarrassing.

Tristan Pompey has bashed the program ever since he left.

Its one thing if it's only a player or two as that happens everywhere, but when its 3/4 of your current team and a ton of previous players thats embarrassing.

It is also another measure of how many guys left the program early.

Many of the players are still playing college baseball and are not going to speak out against a coach no matter what while still a current college player.

Reactions: MAYHOO22
Many of the players are still playing college baseball and are not going to speak out against a coach no matter what while still a current college player.

True, and that is why it was a bit surprising to see some former players, currently at other schools, who actually liked the critical comments of others.

Stetson with its second pickup from UK.

Stetson is a solid program. Not a huge school, but it is in Florida where the weather is a factor, they have pretty nice facilities and a dirt/grass field. Trimper has been there for 5 years and he went to a Super Regional in year 2, 2018.

Not sure how they will do moving forward, but it is a pretty solid smaller program to be in.

Stetson is a solid program. Not a huge school, but it is in Florida where the weather is a factor, they have pretty nice facilities and a dirt/grass field. Trimper has been there for 5 years and he went to a Super Regional in year 2, 2018.

Not sure how they will do moving forward, but it is a pretty solid smaller program to be in.
You're right, Stetson is an excellent mid-major who in the past at least has played good ball and produced talented prospects. Son played against them and with and against players in summer.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Mitch has his time tied up with a big issue the NIL. Just hope he’s at least talking to all these transfers and former players to deep dive into the problems. Then again maybe UK is better off without the quitters? Addiction by subtraction works at times

Mitch has his time tied up with a big issue the NIL. Just hope he’s at least talking to all these transfers and former players to deep dive into the problems. Then again maybe UK is better off without the quitters? Addiction by subtraction works at times
Yeah Kessler is such quitter way better off without him same with cam .. and the kid that went in the 3rd round a year after being cut and the 50 players in 4 seasons.

I mean what bad luck on Mingiones part to recruit and win the recruiting battle only to discover they were all quitters. Just bad luck.

Mingione deserves another chance to see if he can recruit 1 class in 5 that’ isn’t all quitters

ADVERTISEMENT