ADVERTISEMENT

Keldon Johnson

He is going to bring high energy. I bet by the end of the year he is scary good.

Reactions: HICATFAN
This game is an example of where stats don't tell the whole story. He made some unbelievable moves on the court tonight. Kid is an absolute stud. Defense needs to be worked on but it's August and he has all the tools to improve on defense.

When's the last time we had a hyper athletic 3 like him? James Young was the closest thing, and he was more of a shooting guard that wasn't really that super athlete. MKG?

I'm loving the make up of this team.

He had a bad night shooting. You look up at the score board, and he had 11 points and 7 rebounds. THAT'S A BAD NIGHT, folks!

When's the last time we had a hyper athletic 3 like him? James Young was the closest thing, and he was more of a shooting guard that wasn't really that super athlete. MKG?

I'm loving the make up of this team.

He had a bad night shooting. You look up at the score board, and he had 11 points and 7 rebounds. THAT'S A BAD NIGHT, folks!
The dunk over the whole Uconn team was athletic. I bet you couldn't even jump.

The dunk over the whole Uconn team was athletic. I bet you couldn't even jump.

Yup, one really athletic play. Good job naming the exception.

I don’t know why everyone’s in “be rude” mode now that there’s basketball.

Point stands, Young wasn’t an elite athlete. He wasn’t a tub of good either, but his “OMG” moments weren’t often.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I don't see Keldon as having that freak athleticism that Monk had, but he's definitely got some hops and steel balls to go in and drive and dunk on anybody wearing an opponents jersey even if he might not make the dunk. That's the kind of player we need at the 3 and the kind of player I hope Whitney can be for us next year.

He's a bada$$. Can't remember a player, especially a freshman, quite like him. Total alpha with the body to back it up.

There's so much awesome about this kid.

Bad shooting night--you look up and he's got 11 points and 7 rebounds. That's a winning line from your small forward.

He brought it on the defensive end. He blocked 2 or 3 shots. He's going to be a monster 2 way player.
A lot of his misses were layups, near the rim, and 2 soul-stealing dunks. He'll be finishing those when the season starts.

Keldon is simply a flat out WARRIOR. if he didn’t score his motor and heart to win would be worth a starting spot. You win championships with players like him. There is no quit, no fear, and no excuses when he plays. He plays hard and he plays to win. I think he and Herro share that same will to win.

Yup, one really athletic play. Good job naming the exception.

I don’t know why everyone’s in “be rude” mode now that there’s basketball.

Point stands, Young wasn’t an elite athlete. He wasn’t a tub of good either, but his “OMG” moments weren’t often.
Young had the Diallo problem, which is that he had no handle and this did not get to demonstrate his athleticism as often as you would like.

Reactions: Col. Angus
ADVERTISEMENT