ADVERTISEMENT

Keion Brooks in Lexington for official

Isn’t he suppose to stay in the big ten...IU or mich st right?

IU is definitely considered out front but supposedly UNC is making a push. I don't think he even scheduled an official to MSU. Ed Schilling was his father's college coach and is now on Archie's staff. I believe Ed was previously one of Cal's assistants at Memphis. IU is the team to beat here.

Reactions: BassProCat
IU is definitely considered out front but supposedly UNC is making a push. I don't think he even scheduled an official to MSU. Ed Schilling was his father's college coach and is now on Archie's staff. I believe Ed was previously one of Cal's assistants at Memphis. IU is the team to beat here.
UK will get him if they really push. UK > IU.

How drunk were you when you picked your screename? Your forgot the "U" that comes after D and the b is supposed to come after the m, not the other way around. Sheesh.

This weekend is a better weekend than BBM weekend to visit. #14 Kentucky football vs Vandy and Blue/White game> bye week in football and BBM.

Reactions: Montana81
He’s coming I think. IU is very nervous right now.
IU fans are definitely flooding his twitter feed. Some of the comments throwing shade at UK are golden. [laughing]

I have no idea, but just from what I’ve read, I’m guessing he probably stays home.

IU is definitely considered out front but supposedly UNC is making a push. I don't think he even scheduled an official to MSU.
[laughing] Opps. From 2 days ago:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...rd-five-star-recruit-keion-brooks/1673323002/

MSU hoops will get last word with five-star recruit Keion Brooks

The 6-foot-6 senior at La Lumiere in La Porte, Ind., has Michigan State among his six finalists and his mother told 247Sports.com that Michigan State will get the last visit. Brooks, who has long been a target of the Spartans, last month named Michigan State as one of his finalists, including Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Purdue and UCLA.

Brooks, ranked No. 21 in the nation, has taken official visits to Indiana and UCLA and will be taking his official visit to Kentucky this weekend. He has scheduled an official visit to North Carolina for Nov. 2.

YCzlcHl.jpg

Fantastic player. I officiated in the shootout when they played New Albany. Very impressed. Long, lanky...very athletic. Kinda of reminded me of a young, Walter McCarty. Incredible 2nd jump. Very soft hands, and shot.I'm not sure he's a OAD. But certainly could be. Lot of potential.

Reactions: Graced 1
Fantastic player. I officiated in the shootout when they played New Albany. Very impressed. Long, lanky...very athletic. Kinda of reminded me of a young, Walter McCarty. Incredible 2nd jump. Very soft hands, and shot.I'm not sure he's a OAD. But certainly could be. Lot of potential.

OAD at Kentucky, late first round.

Three and done at Indiana, late second round to undrafted.

Reactions: Smashcat
ahh yess...cause he will be "the man" along with Trayce Jackson Davis, Jerome Hunter, Rob Phinisee. But. wait. what if Romeo stays a second year? If IU lands the recruits their favored to along with the outside chance of Romeo staying a second year, Archie in his 3rd year will have IU as one of the Nationals title favorites. Archie is no clappy - I think most college bball fans no that.
Lol delusion at its best! Know and not no!

bahaha delusional? nice one. That isn't delusional...look at Final Four odds this year. Iu is already rated one of the highest this year at 10/1 in Archie's 2nd year. These are facts. Land Brooks, Jackson - Davis and Romeo stays a 2nd year then IU will be one of the favorites next year. If you don't think so, then you are delusional
No delusion here! 1987 is all I’m going to say! And you better hope more doesn’t come out in the next two trials on Romeo! He could be ruled ineligible!

ahh yess...cause he will be "the man" along with Trayce Jackson Davis, Jerome Hunter, Rob Phinisee. But. wait. what if Romeo stays a second year? If IU lands the recruits their favored to along with the outside chance of Romeo staying a second year, Archie in his 3rd year will have IU as one of the Nationals title favorites. Archie is no clappy - I think most college bball fans no that.

Keep on dreaming. IU has fallen out of the blue bloods. HAS BEEN'S.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Hoosier fans are so special. Thanks for the morning laugh.

bahaha delusional? nice one. That isn't delusional...look at Final Four odds this year. Iu is already rated one of the highest this year at 10/1 in Archie's 2nd year after a top 10 recruiting class. These are facts. Land Brooks, Jackson - Davis and Romeo stays a 2nd year then IU will be one of the favorites next year. If you don't think so, then you are delusional. I would venture to say that most UK fans on this board would agree if things were to play out that way - if not, then bias

I started reading this, but then I realized I haven't read anything Indiana-related since 1987 when you guys were last relevant.

Give me Brooks and McDaniels and run three versatile forwards at the 3 through 5 positions who can shoot and slash.

Rebounding be damned.

Someone doesn't know much about the game if they run that at the major college level.

Pitino once said he'd like to have five Earl Clark-types on the court at the same time. Does he not know about the game?

Meanwhile, UK ran a 6'6" Chuck Hayes and 6'7" Erik Daniels as its starting frontline under Tubby. It got them a #1 seed.

Draymond as an undersized 4, started for multiple Warriors team that won titles.

It's not like Brooks/McDaniels/Whitney are midgets. They run 6'9", 6'9", and 6'7".

UK's best historical team, the '96 Cats, had a skinny 6'10", 220lb McCarty running the 5 spot.

UK would concede rebounding, but would have a very good team with shooting, spacing, and multiple players who could beat their man off the dribble.

It obviously wouldn't be ideal, but it wouldn't be the end of the world either, especially with guys like Maxey/Herro as guards.

ADVERTISEMENT