ADVERTISEMENT

KAT wants out of Minnesota

I think he's given them enough time to put pieces around them, and that organization has failed in that respect. IDK why people get so bent out of shape when a basketball player wants to get off of a poorly run franchise. He's given them plenty of chances, he's letting them know ahead of time so they can try for a trade.

I dont see how this is much different than if you or I just quit our jobs after being unhappy.. Why should anyone stay in a workplace that isn't doing a good job of getting you help?

There are conflicting reports out. So it isn't clear if Towns has asked for a trade or not. It wouldn't be the worst thing for him to hit the reset button on his career.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I dont see how this is much different than if you or I just quit our jobs after being unhappy..
Did you sign a five-year $190 million contract extension with your employer a couple years ago? Well, KAT did.

I have little sympathy for players that sign extensions committing to stay with franchise for a period of years, but then turnaround and say “Nah, I changed my mind, I want out now …but hey, thanks for that enormous mountain of money you committed to pay me because I said I would stay.”

The teams are forced to keep their end of the deal when extensions are signed, maybe the players should be too.

Last edited:
I think he's given them enough time to put pieces around them, and that organization has failed in that respect. IDK why people get so bent out of shape when a basketball player wants to get off of a poorly run franchise. He's given them plenty of chances, he's letting them know ahead of time so they can try for a trade.

I dont see how this is much different than if you or I just quit our jobs after being unhappy.. Why should anyone stay in a workplace that isn't doing a good job of getting you help?
He has the same information about Minnesota that he had 2 or 3 years ago when he signed the max extension. If he was gung ho on getting out then he should have did it when he was a free agent.

Did you sign a five-year $190 million contract extension with your employer a couple years ago? Well, KAT did.

I have little sympathy for athletes that sign extensions committing to stay with franchise for period of years, but then turnaround and say “Nah, I changed my mind, I want out now …but hey, thanks for that enormous mountain of money you committed to pay me because I said I would stay….”

The teams are forced to keep their end of the deal with these extensions are signed, maybe the players should be too.

I kind of get that, the part about signing a contract and then turning around and bailing.. but I believe he signed that contract in 2018. It's not like he's going to walk (at least not yet), Minnesota will trade him for probably a good haul.

He has the same information about Minnesota that he had 2 or 3 years ago when he signed the max extension. If he was gung ho on getting out then he should have did it when he was a free agent.

EH I don't think it works that way. He probably gave them chance after chance to get something going. Why can't he have some faith in them 2-3 years ago, and why can't that change over time.

Look if he pulled an Eli Manning and forced hsi way onto another team from day 1, or one of these young players who gives up early.. sure. But he's been there for 5+ years and he doesn't have a huge window to get that title. He gave Minnesota ample time and it appears it just wasn't going to happen. Time for BOTH to move on. I Don't really blame Minny for having the same feelings.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_Dee and Fox2monk
When players sign those contracts, it is usually due on the contingency that the team does something as well for the player such so bringing in better talent around him which they failed to do. He needs to get out of there...
Exactly.Just like AD got nothing good around and left the same for Kat......

Reactions: Ky grandpa

I have little sympathy for players that sign extensions committing to stay with franchise for a period of years, but then turnaround and say “Nah, I changed my mind, I want out now …but hey, thanks for that enormous mountain of money you committed to pay me because I said I would stay.”

The teams are forced to keep their end of the deal when extensions are signed, maybe the players should be too.
And there's that whole this is a fake report thing but go off.

What an absolutely terrible post. Teams trade these players all the time while they are under these said contracts so there isn’t any difference, both sides have the ability to change their mind.

Teams aren’t forced to do anything lol they trade players all the time

Reactions: GonzoCat90
This is the reason I don’t really like pro sports anymore give me my UK in every sport and I’m happy!

How could you play Townes and Embiid together. Both are centers.
Would be really fun to watch. Both are centers, but both are modern day NBA centers. Both have PG skills that allow them to pass really well and can hit the outside jumper. Would be like watching the modern day Twin Towers from the Spurs in the 90's. Can't be any worse floor spacing then when Simmons is out there. Dude can't shoot outside the paint.

Why don’t we just scrap the draft, scrap free agency and let players go to whatever teams they want to. That’s pretty much what they do nowadays. Does anybody know what it’s like to work and build a team?

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I don’t watch the nba and I didn’t read the report because it doesn’t exist but here are my strong and unchangeable opinions on both.

Reactions: JDHoss and jrpross
ADVERTISEMENT