ADVERTISEMENT

Karen Sypher

When you have a sick typo joke but the OP fixes it before you post it.

sPZ9Lq.gif

This is going to be a lot sadder than people realize. She did not have a great life to begin with, and then Rick used her, pressured her into killing her baby, and had her sent to prison.

I hope she can write a book about the ordeal and try to make a better life for herself and her family.

That's also not exactly a ground breaking guest.

I mean I guess if you still care about something she went to jail for and think there's something she could say about Pitino that we don't already know then it'll be "funny," but with all the Louisville stuff going on, this is the oldest and most played out.

Definitely not the biggest day in the history of the show. It's not even the biggest Louisville day this month. I'd be more interested in Keldon Johnson's commitment.

I mean I guess if you still care about something she went to jail for and think there's something she could say about Pitino that we don't already know then it'll be "funny," but with all the Louisville stuff going on, this is the oldest and most played out.

Definitely not the biggest day in the history of the show. It's not even the biggest Louisville day this month. I'd be more interested in Keldon Johnson's commitment.
There are a lot of details to be filled in on this crazy story. I'd say maybe wait and see what she says.

There are a lot of details to be filled in on this crazy story. I'd say maybe wait and see what she says.

Like I said, if you want to hear more about her abortion or sham marriage or prison stint just to laugh at Rick Pitino, go for it.

I've got plenty of ammo already. And you can't exactly pile on something that happened a decade ago involving a guy who doesn't even coach at Louisville anymore.

It's just low hanging fruit and shock factor. I'll pass.

I thought the same thing about Katina Powell.
That became fodder for many years of trash talk on the information superhighway.

I'm hoping for another "squirt to the ceiling" type moment. The woman spent 7 years in prison because of their nonsense. You gotta think she'd like to air some dirt.

Like I said, if you want to hear more about her abortion or sham marriage or prison stint just to laugh at Rick Pitino, go for it.

I've got plenty of ammo already. And you can't exactly pile on something that happened a decade ago involving a guy who doesn't even coach at Louisville anymore.

It's just low hanging fruit and shock factor. I'll pass.
I'm expecting it to be a pretty serious interview. This isn't really my cup of tea, either.

But Karen is the poster child for those trampled by the most powerful men in Louisville. That is as relevant now, as ever. Pitino and Jurich have still not officially been canned.

I'm expecting it to be a pretty serious interview. This isn't really my cup of tea, either.

But Karen is the poster child for those trampled by the most powerful men in Louisville. That is as relevant now, as ever. Pitino and Jurich have still not officially been canned.

Definitely. I'm sure Matt will interview her like he did Katina and just let her talk hoping she stumbles on something quotable.

But we had an entire trial about this, she came out the criminal in this, and he doesn't even coach there anymore.

Anyway, guess my point was it's a disappointing result for "biggest day in show history" hype. it's just kind of sad, more than anything else.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Typical Matt, big football game this weekend and he digs up a basketball story a decade old and 3 major scandals ago.

Typical Matt, big football game this weekend and he digs up a basketball story a decade old and 3 major scandals ago.

I can't stand Jones, but

1) it's on a Tuesday...three days to talk football.

2) basketball drives the audience

3) Uofl has been thoroughly disgraced and he has a chance to get on a woman that was railroaded by Pitino and Uofl

4) this show will get twice the ratings than any two football theme show combined

5) if you had a show and could get her first interview for your show, you would as well

Not so sure. Tremendous groundswell of support for him.

We'll see soon.
He is gone Bob..Not sure why u feel the need to keep posting this stuff..People can pull for him all they want but it doesn't change the facts of all of the wrongs he has committed.

I guess I don't see the purpose of rehashing old news from 8-9 yrs ago. Unless she's got some knowledge related to the FBI probe. Otherwise sounds like shock radio like Howard Stern.

Yep. Jones was at the trial, no? He knows that she knows stuff that will shock people, as hard as it is to be shocked at this point.

BFD. Not much difference betwwen TMZ and KSR with the Syphers and Powell's coming on the show. Maybe, Ill check the Cliff Notes on a slow news day. Enjoy if that's your thing, though.

Reactions: BigTyrone
I won't be listening, but I am all for anything that continues to put U6 in a very bad light.

Did Matt really say this would be his biggest announcement ever, or some
Sht?

:joy:

You know America is the bomb when you can make a living like this.

I enjoy train wrecks and dumpster fires. I'll probably listen to the podcast later in the day to avoid commercials and that whole waking up before noon thing. (Second shift guy)

Wow, what a tough crowd. So funny how, no matter the subject, everyone is all over the place.

Not a fan of giving this woman a stage. It's being done simply for ratings. At least with Katina Powell, you had an on going investigation that an on-air interview could shed new details. Sypher has been in jail for several years and other than just getting her to say some mean things about Pitino, what is she really going to say.

The woman is a loon. The ratings I'm sure will be solid, so Matt will use that but I have no interest in hearing what she has to say. I'll pass.

ADVERTISEMENT