ADVERTISEMENT

Kanter stands up to LeBron alone...

xtra12

Sophomore
Mar 18, 2007
Last edited:
LeBron cares so much about freedom.

In all the areas he can exploit the notion of freedom - like the urban American culture, for example.

China isn't one of those places, however, so human justice doesn't quite matter as much there.

What a revolutionary social justice warrior that LeBron James is! He'd have marched in Selma or Montgomery right up until the moment it cost him some potential marketing inroads.

Lebron cares about the human rights violation of NCAA schools letting student athletes know up front that they will receive a scholarship, a stipend, meals, room and board, and books. They are being exploited because when they use their free will to choose to play NCAA basketball they are not paid more money than they already get and were told they would get. This is way worse than how China treats its people.

Last edited:
Lebron is a complete moron!! Yes the athletes are slaves ....they are forced to play at gunpoint and just suffer the agony of being a student athlete, how sad of a life! Go get a 9-5 if your slavery isn't working out for you! What a joke!!

Bless LeBron's poor little heart. He has to answer tough questions and didn't get on TV. Might lose some money (main reason for his comments).

He says he had a bad week, yet he wasn't beaten, tear gassed, or imprisoned, but he had a tough week.

I always said he was a turn of a human, but he is getting closer to diarrhea now.

Lebron is an idiot when it comes to things other than basketball. He has every right to display this ignorance though due to freedom of speech so I won't tell him to shut up and dribble. That said, you better win a title for the Lakers if you want to really be up there with Jordan Lebron.

I know we hate this douche Clay Travis, but he lays in to Bron pretty good here.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/lebron-bends-the-knee-for-chinese-dictators/

EG40CdFXUAUigiO.jpg

Lebron is a coat tail rider when it comes.to fashion, politics...social issues....hes a classic follower and always has been. He goes with what all the other black famous people say, do or wear....acts like hes informed. Acted like he and that Nipsy dude were bffs...nobody heard of the guy til he passed away then all the rappers came out acting like the guy was God then next thing u know lebron was wearing his jersey acting like they were brothers. Chalk toss...MJ's...then Garnett stole it from MJ...then Lebron does it and acts like hes the originator ...could go on and on all day on lebron and how big of a fraud he is....the only thing original about him is his basketball ability...AND hes a racist.

Last edited:
The minute Lebron thought that he may lose his marketing power in China, thus costing him money, well then freedom of speech is not that important. If China cuts the NBA marketing and broadcasting out of their country, well ole Billionaire Bron can't be siding with no FREEdom of speech.

"Freedom of speech is a great thing, unless it cost me money." "Freedom and democracy is a right for every human on earth, but if the country decides to take away democracy, I will change my opinion and side with Dictatorship if it benefits me." Those are the true feelings of Lebron James, he truly has forgot what a struggle he went thru growing up and how things that was normal to a lot of Americans was not possible for him. He grew up in a very bad place, poverty, violence, murder and drugs. You would think he would have sympathy for people in third world countries or countries that do not let citizens have a say in how they live or make a living.

Cue the next Jemele Hill article defending "victims" Lebron and the NBA in 3...2...1

Lebron's education and stances are directly tied to pop culture and main stream media. I doubt he seeks perspective from anywhere else. The NBA has chosen to take a social justice warrior stance (selective as we are seeing) and he is a prominent voice within the NBA.

Many a celebrity has ruined a likable persona with an overly inflated view of their opinion, and arrogant about it as they do so. He's today's example.

Last edited:
Wasn't really an NBA watcher before this, so it won't be hard for me to not watch them this season, but this seals the deal. I wouldn't care if they were apolitical otherwise. But the constant virtue signaling they do, and Pop and Kerr weighing in with their opinions on everything America does wrong in their eyes, and now they are carrying water for a government that openly murders its own citizens and gives them almost no civil liberties, I just can't.

I’ve never cared which side someone leans towards in politics, and I’ve never cared when athletes and celebrities speak out on issues. We all have that right, even if we disagree with each other. I just roll my eyes at the selective approach these days. You can’t just pick and choose what you’re angry at. You’re either all in on your beliefs, or you’re not and come across as phony.

LeBron will take some heat for this, and rightfully so.

I love that LeBron says a Northwestern and MIT grad is uneducated and misinformed yet he, the high school graduate, is an expert on foreign relations.

I've always gone back and forth on whether or not I liked LeBron but this pushed me firmly into the "he's a douchebag clown" category. Even with AD I hope the Lakers continue to collapse and suck as a franchise.

LeBron is such a hypocrite. At some point he said " a lot of people could be harmed, not only financially, but physicialy, emotionally, spiritually."

Notice he lists financially first. Whose pocket book are we worried about? The Chinese people's? Ha.

Reality of the situation: You stand up for social justice in America--you're standing up on behalf of young black men that will buy your jersey or shoes.

You stand up for Social Justice/human rights in China--your jerseys aren't on shelves.

LeBron's only value is the value in his bank account

This isn't a black and white issue, it is a human rights issue. If you can't understand that, I'm not sure what to tell you.

yeah no shit, Kanter isn’t even white. I was just making the point that the Daily Wire/Ben Shapiro despise black Americans.

This isn't a black and white thing, it is a human rights thing. If you can't understand that, I'm not sure what to tell you.
The way LBJ spoke about the subject is disgusting and pathetic on his part. Acting like someone else needs to be educated because they have a different opinion than him, and his support of a communist country is ridiculous.. especially since his openness to throw shade at his own country.

I say we leave his a*** in China

LeBron cares so much about freedom.

In all the areas he can exploit the notion of freedom - like the urban American culture, for example.

China isn't one of those places, however, so human justice doesn't quite matter as much there.

What a revolutionary social justice warrior that LeBron James is! He'd have marched in Selma or Montgomery right up until the moment it cost him some potential marketing inroads.

Agreed. Lebron looks like (and is) a giant hypocrite.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT