ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas fans downplaying the Reid Travis signing

Yeah, at Kansas

Interesting theory. Reality, though, tells us that KU has chosen to hold players out if they had any suspicion of improper benefits.

Your head coach is considered the dirtiest in the game yet all you people do is sling sh*t at everybody else. Hilarious.

Most of your own fanbase considered Calipari a sleazeball until the day he was announced head coach of Kentucky. History was rewritten overnight.[/QUOTE]

Cal never offered some of the trash KU had to hold out each of the last 4-5 years; Shelby, Diallo, Alexander, Preston, etc

KU: Losing record versus every other blue chip program, losing record versus AP ranked teams, losing record in the Final 4, losing record in title games, etc

Quoting BlueYahoo:

"Your head coach is considered the dirtiest in the game yet all you people do is sling sh*t at
everybody else. Hilarious. Most of your own fanbase considered Calipari a sleazeball until the day he was announced head coach of Kentucky. History was rewritten overnight"

My comments:

Love these old chestnuts. Most of this fanbase didn't have a strong opinion one way or the other about Cal until he came. Fact. As for his being the dirtiest in the game, please cite examples. Rose? Probably didn't pass the SAT legitimately, but there is zero proof Cal was involved. Pretty sure he had his hands full at the time. Camby taking money from an agent his senior season? And how exactly did that benefit Cal? And again, zero evidence he was involved. The report explicitly says otherwise. And he isn't mentioned at all in the Rose NOA.

Going into his 10th season at UK, and not a scintilla of scandal. That's with Forde, Thamel and O'Neil doing their best to uncover anything to get him. Forde was overheard promising to take him down when UK hired him. Not to mention a local reporter, Jerry Tipton, who works probably harder than those other 3 combined and he's come up with jack squat. Peddle your conspiracy theories and baseless accusations elsewhere Jailhawk fan.

Last edited:
99 percent of Rafters is delusional. It’s possible to like our team and Cal, but think many of our fans suck because they do
Your the guy defending your football fan friend who openly said he only follows uk basketball if they are playing in March. What is a non suck fan in your book? A person who likes college football.

Has anyone told you that you're entertaining or witty? Ever? Besides your sis...er, girlfriend?

Yet you plug along. That's admirable.

An attempt at an insult?

I give you a 2.2 out of 10.

For the record, a 2.2 out of 10 is a 3.52/10 in the state of Kansas. 60% increase in value for anything otherwise legitimately earned. 3 titles becomes 5, for instance.

Well done.

An attempt at an insult?

I give you a 2.2 out of 10.

For the record, a 2.2 out of 10 is a 3.52/10 in the state of Kansas. 60% increase in value for anything otherwise legitimately earned. 3 titles becomes 5, for instance.

Well done.

p.s., the fact that you replied to me shows I got to you. Hilarious.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
You guys talk so much shit. Kansas is gonna be ****ing good. Stop setting yourselves up for disappointment like you have the past three years
Titles? Wins? Head to head? Victor in the 2012 title game where someone “ran out of time”? The answer in terms of who leads or won isn’t ku, it’s UK. Suck on it chalk boy.

Quoting BlueYahoo:

"Your head coach is considered the dirtiest in the game yet all you people do is sling sh*t at
everybody else. Hilarious. Most of your own fanbase considered Calipari a sleazeball until the day he was announced head coach of Kentucky. History was rewritten overnight"

My comments:

Love these old chestnuts. Most of this fanbase didn't have a strong opinion one way or the other about Cal until he came. Fact. As for his being the dirtiest in the game, please cite examples. Rose? Probably didn't pass the SAT legitimately, but there is zero proof Cal was involved. Pretty sure he had his hands full at the time. Camby taking money from an agent his senior season? And how exactly did that benefit Cal? And again, zero evidence he was involved. The report explicitly says otherwise. And he isn't mentioned at all in the Rose NOA.

Going into his 10th season at UK, and not a scintilla of scandal. That's with Forde, Thamel and O'Neil doing their best to uncover anything to get him. Forde was overhead promising to take him down when UK hired him. Not to mention a local reporter, Jerry Tipton, who works probably harder than those other 3 combined and he's come up with jack squat. Peddle your conspiracy theories and baseless accusations elsewhere Jailhawk fan.

Kansas has become the seedy, edge-of-the-town motel of the recruiting world. It's where recruits go to have all their dark desires fulfilled and ultimately come out protected.

For being such a Mayberry-level huckster, Self sure does recruit some maniacal fringe sociopaths.

Reactions: TM2013
I saw some nostradamus using your handle on the duke board. He said there is no way travis is transferring. What an idiot that guy is. You should really get him to change his handle.
Is that true/serious? Wouldn’t be surprised at all as he comes across as a know it all blow hard. Plus, he’s very often wrong despite his stated as fact opinions.

Quoting BlueYahoo:

My comments:

Going into his 10th season at UK, and not a scintilla of scandal. That's with Forde, Thamel and O'Neil doing their best to uncover anything to get him. Forde was overhead promising to take him down when UK hired him. Not to mention a local reporter, Jerry Tipton, who works probably harder than those other 3 combined and he's come up with jack squat. Peddle your conspiracy theories and baseless accusations elsewhere Jailhawk fan.

Maybe you aren't aware, but there's zero proof that Self or his staff were involved in anything from the FBI reports. In fact, the FBI specifically named KU and its staff "victims" of Adidas.

So take your own advice and forget the baseless accusations.

But for the record, the accusations don't end at his Memphis/Umass days. Let's not forget that Adebayo and several other Kentucky players under his watch were alleged to have taken improper benefits.

We all know it happens with many if not most top prospects. And that's all Calipari recruits. Clearly many Kentucky players have taken improper benefits. Just like many have at Duke and some at KU, UNC, etc. It's absurd to argue otherwise. Whether Calipari, K, Self, Roy or others were involved is another issue.

The holier than thou approach of your fanbase is hilarious. Even if Calipari were squeaky clean, have you forgotten Eddie Sutton and others throughout your program's history?

Last edited:
Ku has gone farther or just as far as uk the last three years. You guys should be worried about flaming out
Last title between UK and bread title school? Right, UK needs to be worried about flameouts when compared to ku. Go away.

Maybe you aren't aware, but there's zero proof that Self or his staff were involved in anything from the FBI reports. In fact, the FBI specifically named KU and its staff "victims" of Adidas.

But for the record, the accusations don't end at his Memphis/Umass days. Let's not forget that Adebayo and several other Kentucky players under his watch were alleged to have taken improper benefits.

We all know it happens with many if not most top prospects. And that's all Calipari recruits. Clearly many Kentucky players have taken improper benefits. Just like many have at Duke and some at KU, UNC, etc. It's absurd to argue otherwise. Whether Calipari, K, Self, Roy or others were involved is another issue.

The "holier than thou" approach you guys try to take is just hilarious. Even if Calipari were squeaky clean, have you forgotten Eddie Sutton and others throughout your program's history?
Accusations aside, how can you, as a Kansas fan explain these transgressions? Remember, this is the no spin zone. Go:

1. Brady Morningstar DUI

2. Sherron Collins Sexual Advances on woman in elevator

3. Markief Morris shooting students with air gun

4. Tyshawn Taylor driving vehicle owned by ex Jayhawk and Professional Basketball player Scott Pollard.

5. LeGerald Vick kicking female in the face at nightclub.

6. Carlton Bragg involved in scuffle with a female at Lawrence nightclub.

7. Carlton Banks caught with drug paraphenalia

8. Josh Jackson kicking female’s car causing over $1,000 in damages.

9. DeVontae Graham arrested on unpaid traffic tickets

10. Ben McLemore’s family friend paid $500 for birthday party for Ben. Also paid for flight tickets.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are numerous others as well.

Your the guy defending your football fan friend who openly said he only follows uk basketball if they are playing in March. What is a non suck fan in your book? A person who likes college football.
As far as any fan I’d go into battle with , the UK Football gets my vote. To be as loyal as they are d spite years of futility, I have to give them the nod of best fan. They deserve success. I like the two sport fans, but the basketball only fan sucks worse than the football only fan.

The holier than thou approach of your fanbase is hilarious. Even if Calipari were squeaky clean, have you forgotten Eddie Sutton and others throughout your program's history?
Yep yep and UK paid the price for Sutton

This Jayhawk asshole needs to go, but besides all the non-punished transgressions listed above, Kansas also has the most NCAA probations of any elite level program. LOL at this idiot bring up UK's past.

Vick returning isn't highly likely. No one is banking on it. But Self did say that he will talk to Vick and his mom. When he thought he had Langford and/or Cremo, the chance was 0%. Now it's a bit higher.

And he seems very confident De Sousa will play. There are several precedents of similar situations in which the player remained eligible.

He was confident all season long last season that Preston would play huh? Funny how he is confident in his problem players and you idiots just slurp up every word he says.

maybe you haven't heard, but I didn't say he did. he does practically run a work-release program though. have fun with that. Also, Bam was not even a UK recruit at the time. He was NCState lean. Noel was gone from UK. What else ya got loser?

As far as any fan I’d go into battle with , the UK Football gets my vote. To be as loyal as they are d spite years of futility, I have to give them the nod of best fan. They deserve success. I like the two sport fans, but the basketball only fan sucks worse than the football only fan.
I have to agree with you. Personally I love both about the same. It’s easy to be a UK Basketball fan only.
It’s a lot harder to be a UK Football fan only. Of course, the worst is the UK Basketball fan, but an Alabama football fan...and yes, they’re out there. There’s also the UK Basketball, but Ohio St football fans.

Reactions: crpoore
I have to agree with you. Personally I love both about the same. It’s easy to be a UK Basketball fan only.
It’s a lot harder to be a UK Football fan only. Of course, the worst is the UK Basketball fan, but an Alabama football fan...and yes, they’re out there. There’s also the UK Basketball, but Ohio St football fans.

On the flip side, I’ve yet to come across a UK football fan, but an Alabama basketball fan.

Reactions: crpoore
Accusations aside, how can you, as a Kansas fan explain these transgressions? Remember, this is the no spin zone. Go:

1. Brady Morningstar DUI

2. Sherron Collins Sexual Advances on woman in elevator

3. Markief Morris shooting students with air gun

4. Tyshawn Taylor driving vehicle owned by ex Jayhawk and Professional Basketball player Scott Pollard.

5. LeGerald Vick kicking female in the face at nightclub.

6. Carlton Bragg involved in scuffle with a female at Lawrence nightclub.

7. Carlton Banks caught with drug paraphenalia

8. Josh Jackson kicking female’s car causing over $1,000 in damages.

9. DeVontae Graham arrested on unpaid traffic tickets

10. Ben McLemore’s family friend paid $500 for birthday party for Ben. Also paid for flight tickets.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are numerous others as well.

First off, you don't even have your facts straight. The Bragg and Vick incidents didn't occur in nightclubs, and there was video evidence that cleared Bragg of doing what she alleged. Which kinda reinforces the obvious point that you can't automatically believe all accusations.

2nd, what you just listed looks like a season's worth of news for the average D1 football program. I assume you follow football? I mean, we are talking about immature young people from the inner city.

And are you seriously bringing up unpaid parking tickets?[laughing]

I've never heard anything about a vehicle in Pollard's name. But okay.

If Vick actually kicked a girl in the face, I think he should've been dismissed immediately. But given that Self promptly dismissed JR Giddens (for getting attacked by someone else) and CJ Giles, it would seem likely that he had reason to believe it wasn't as advertised.

That's a nice obsession you have there. Kinda pointless though.

Go back into your hole pee brain.

I don’t see any talent on this KU team. Being way overrated and Kentucky will smash them. KU has Azubuike and who else??

The pure talent in your backcourt might be better, but you cannot discount losing the leadership and intangibles that Graham brought to the table the last two seasons.

Replacing Graham is an impossible task, especially for a Freshman and a Sophomore transfer.

You guys really need Vick back for experience.

That, however, creates other challenges. How will it affect chemistry with him likely stealing the minutes that K. Lawson is expecting? Self seems to be ready to move on from Vick. I think he wants to make sure the chemistry is right on this team.

You guys should have the best frontcourt in college basketball next season, though. Azubuike is a beast and the Lawson brothers should be very good alongside him.

I was very concerned about how our frontcourt would matchup with yours until we added Travis. Now I think we are not that far behind. You guys still have the edge, but I like the idea of Travis banging inside against Azubuike better than having to rely on Richards or Montgomery down there. Azubuike will get his, but I think Travis will be able to score some as well, to keep it from being too lopsided.

Should be a great game. Playing in Rupp will help us. Freshmen point guards in their first game at Rupp rarely perform well. I think that will be the key for us.
Kansas backcourt is full on no names and Azubuike is the only solid player in the post and on the entire team. UK backcourt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KU backcourt. UK front court>>>>>>>>>>>>KU front court.

The "holier than thou" approach you guys try to take is just hilarious. Even if Calipari were squeaky clean, have you forgotten Eddie Sutton and others throughout your program's history?
And? This is a basketball board where you are critical of 99% of its fans. You said 99% of UK basketball fans suck but you defend an openly “follow UK basketball if they’re playing in March” fan. Your vote seems to be worth a flushed turd.

First off, you don't even have your facts straight. The Bragg and Vick incidents didn't occur in nightclubs, and there was video evidence that cleared Bragg of doing what she alleged. Which kinda reinforces the obvious point that you can't automatically believe all accusations.

2nd, what you just listed looks like a season's worth of news for the average D1 football program. I assume you follow football? I mean, we are talking about immature young people from the inner city.

And are you seriously bringing up unpaid parking tickets?[laughing]

I've never heard anything about a vehicle in Pollard's name. But okay.

If Vick actually kicked a girl in the face, I think he should've been dismissed immediately. But given that Self promptly dismissed JR Giddens (for getting attacked by someone else) and CJ Giles, it would seem likely that he had reason to believe it wasn't as advertised.

That's a nice obsession you have there. Kinda pointless though.
A lot of Cal’s recruits come from disadvantaged situations yet you don’t hear anything about them being in trouble with the law. And Lexington is a helluva lot bigger than hayseed Lawrence, so there’s more temptation. You just gave an excuse for every example I gave you which says a lot about you. You’re a piece of [poop]. Oh, one more thing before you go:
gip7VSB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And? This is a basketball board where you are critical of 99% of its fans. You said 99% of UK basketball fans suck but you defend an openly “follow UK basketball if they’re playing in March” fan. Your vote seems to be worth a flushed turd.
So what if he only follows basketball during the tournament? A lot of fans are like this. College basketball is becoming almost unwatchable. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t like UK basketball.

The Uk basketball fanbase is not represented by this board. UK basketball is great. The posters here, not so much.

Let me ask you, how often do you follow UK football?

ADVERTISEMENT