ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas fans downplaying the Reid Travis signing

Just for you, I gave a response to each of his points.
When did Marcus Garrett become 6 foot 7 lmfao. No self plays experience you fool. Why players like Diallo rode the bench yet he was 1 and done and in the nba. Same guys he played with still rotting in Kansas. Every time KU guys talk about Travis he keeps getting shorter...
Oh Moore will start fool, if you think Dotson is all that you are on crack.
Self can calipari for forcing toupee to play freshman and not red shirt them like his usual MO. Self takes experience over talent 90 percent of the time. Unfortunately for you, there is a thing called television... we can watch the games lol.

Cause if Diallo wasn’t talented how was he drafted and in the nba while they 5TH YEAR DUDE WHOS IN JAPAN lucus played over him.
In a decade you name 1 player chamlers to justify your argument lmfao. You are a clown dude

Reactions: CatfanMike47
You guys talk so much shit. Kansas is gonna be ****ing good. Stop setting yourselves up for disappointment like you have the past three years

Reactions: Me and Rex
You guys talk so much shit. Kansas is gonna be ****ing good. Stop setting yourselves up for disappointment like you have the past three years
They’re taking a step back. Oh you’ll win the Big 12 which is overrated. But you won’t be winning in January or April for that matter.

Reactions: BaronReborn84
They’re taking a step back. Oh you’ll win the Big 12 which is overrated. But you won’t be winning in January or April for that matter.
you have no clue how good ku will be. You are just talking shit and nonsense. Ku is vastly deeper and more talented than last year. You can hate them all you want but you are factually wrong about their talent level

you have no clue how good ku will be. You are just talking shit and nonsense. Ku is vastly deeper and more talented than last year. You can hate them all you want but you are factually wrong about their talent level
If you say so.... early flame out and they will get beat in January and the big 12 has been overrated for several years. All true!

Vick Newman Graham svi were 2nd tier nba players. Not good enough for the nba, may play a few insignificant mins in insignificant games then a couple years from now they will be like t rob.

Now you only have 1 with grimes. 4 is greater than 1

If you say so.... early flame out and they will get beat in January and the big 12 has been overrated for several years. All true!

Seriously man give them some credit. They are a consistent lock to get to a sweet 16 or 2nd rd.

When you are consistently according to ku fans best in the country and get bounced by powerhouses like vcu northern Iowa or Stanford well maybe you are plain out certified delusional

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Seriously man give them some credit. They are a consistent lock to get to a sweet 16 or 2nd rd.

When you are consistently according to ku fans best in the country and get bounced by powerhouses like vcu northern Iowa or Stanford well maybe you are plain out certified delusional
I did give them credit. I said they’d still win the Big 12 goes threw Lawrence

I just can’t wait to see which player gets into legal trouble this year.
Lol
Lawson... the taller dumb one. He already beat up light foot, keeping with KU tradition there is an innocent girl in Lawrence getting ready to be kicked. I would say maybe one of their classmates, but it’s well known KU guys don’t attend class. Upside, professors carry out their duties worry free from violence in their class rooms

Not sure I see the difference between that thread and the old thread or comments on here about how Zion is all of a sudden not that good of a player. Both threads/comments are asinine

To be fair many of them were downplaying Williamson when we looked to be his destination as well due to height, weight, and dunking on guys.

Not that I don't think they are still wrong (even if I hope they are right since things played out as they did) but a fair number have been consistent about Zion Williamson for a good while.

local.gif

Another dig at your fellow fans. Imagine that.

Reactions: crpoore
You know what else is in cake? Milk!! And milk is good for you!
And eggs!! ggs are good for you too!

Man!! Cake is my go to health food!!

We swiped from Bill. A crying shame that son of a biscuit eater ended up like he did. I always stated that the two funniest comedians were Bill Cosby and Red Skelton because they were so clean with their comedy they didn't need filth. Yeah, right...-N. Russell

Reside in KC, but am definitely not a Kansas fan.

Low IQ Hillbillies tend to bag on the state of Kansas just to make fun of KU fans. I just speak in truth.

Ask people what state they hate driving thru the most.

Hmm... when Reid Travis went head-to-head vs. the undoubted #1 NBA Draft pick (Arizona's Deandre Ayton), Reid had 20 points 10 boards vs. Ayton's 9 points 8 rebounds. He can't play against talented bigs? LOL! [roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]
I guess KU fans consider SEC bigs the really talented bigs...

After downplaying their transfers for this year, it's to be expected. And I still think we need to see how Reid handles a place like Kentucky.

But there's no reason to think he WON'T adjust. He's also not a transfer from a mid-major, and he also isn't a head case.

If you rank both teams new transfers, Reid Travis is #1 by a good shot.

PJ and Travis will have a hard time with KU's frontcourt. Its hard for 6'7 players to go up against 6'11 players in the post..... Hopefully EJ kicks butt and PJ/Travis hit some jump shots to pull the KU bigs out defensively.
Ask Chuck Hayes about guarding against taller players. I was 6ft and guarded people way taller than me in the post. It's all about want to and positioning. I have a buddy who is 6'4/6'5 and led the state in scoring his Senior year and I always gave him fits.
With Travis and PJ being as strong as they are, especially Travis, I have no worries about being bullied down low.

This is pretty biased and not really all that accurate.

Usually, when people are trying to argue an opposing view, they actually make points that may favor their argument, so maybe you have some stats or points to make that would support your view?

I mean, you've talked all thread long about Kentucky's lack of shooting, but who on the Kansas roster is going to be even a decent 3 point shooter? When has Bill Self relied on point guards who are right out of high school? How many skilled, consistent offensive players are in the Kansas frontcourt aside from Dedric Lawson?

By all means, I would love some meaningful discussion.

Dotson
Grimes
Moore
Garrett
Vick?
Lawson
Lawson
Udoka
McCormick

They have the pieces to be good but with lots of new pieces it will up to self to make it work.

Not sure I see the difference between that thread and the old thread or comments on here about how Zion is all of a sudden not that good of a player. Both threads/comments are asinine

I saw some nostradamus using your handle on the duke board. He said there is no way travis is transferring. What an idiot that guy is. You should really get him to change his handle.

Reactions: stuway
Dotson
Grimes
Moore
Garrett
Vick?
Lawson
Lawson
Udoka
McCormick

They have the pieces to be good but with lots of new pieces it will up to self to make it work.

Very atypical Self team. No seasoned PG that has been in his system since the start. No seniors, and Azubuike is the only junior that has played for Self before. It does have the potential for drama and iffy eligibility issues, so in that sense it is a typical Self team. Personally, I would be extremely surprised if they make the FF.

Very atypical Self team. No seasoned PG that has been in his system since the start. No seniors, and Azubuike is the only junior that has played for Self before. It does have the potential for drama and iffy eligibility issues, so in that sense it is a typical Self team. Personally, I would be extremely surprised if they make the FF.
Azubuike... you mean the guy who pretends he’s 18 when everyone who matters knows for a fact he’s north of 21 lmfao. He’s 18 like Kansas has 5 national titles

Vick Newman Graham svi were 2nd tier nba players. Not good enough for the nba, may play a few insignificant mins in insignificant games then a couple years from now they will be like t rob.

Now you only have 1 with grimes. 4 is greater than 1
Bill self has beat calipari’s nba players the last three years. Spare me the nba talent argument. Ku has better college players

Yea wonder who they will find out took money this year , or was involved in rape, or kick or beat his girl friend this year for the Jail Hawks !!

Reactions: wildcatwelder

Ku has gone farther than you 2 out of the last 3 years and the other year they went just as far. Maybe you should Try not to lose to Bruce Weber and little brother next year and stop talkin shit about Ku

I've held the same opinion since I saw Zions highlights. He is brilliant against lesser players. He is a freak athlete. Is he a great basketball player? I don't know, do you?

Lol
Lawson... the taller dumb one. He already beat up light foot, keeping with KU tradition there is an innocent girl in Lawrence getting ready to be kicked. I would say maybe one of their classmates, but it’s well known KU guys don’t attend class. Upside, professors carry out their duties worry free from violence in their class rooms
Ask people what state they hate driving thru the most.
Kc is in Missouri

Who cares that KU beat us three times in a row. All three of those years they had some great teams and as usual flamed out and did nothing in the March. Before that, we beat them a few years in a row and one was in the FINAL GAME and the other, UK went on to almost have an undefeated season and made th Final Four.

It all proves that KU loves being the most dominate regular season program. I will gladly let them have that useless and meaningless title.

Maybe read before you say dumb shit. Rape accusations are a ****ing serious thing dude. But whatever right? Just as long as you own the other team.
Since you seem determined to spend all your time on Kentucky's board (this always baffles me. I don't even know if Kansas has a board and couldn't care less what they think of the Wildcats. Inferiority complex much?) maybe you can answer two questions:

1. With the FBI report part of the public record stating that De Sousa's 'handler' took a huge bag of cash to get him to KU, how can Self risk playing him? I'd say there is already a better than 50 percent chance last season's games are vacated in 2 years or so when everything is public.

2. If Kansas ever wins another legitimate title and moves off the embarrassing 3-spot, would you expect the fans to demand the laughable Helms banners come down? I mean, Helms gave Kentucky 6-7 of them but fans would consider it farcical to actually hang one in Rupp.

Then do yourself and your fan base a favor and go back to your board and tell them the same thing. UK's talent is better than KU's, that's just a fact. Which team will be better is still up into he air, but the point stands. You're on this board telling us what you should be telling your own moronic fan base on your board.

Reactions: BaronReborn84

NO ONE, has any idea how a recruit will turn out. There's very little chance Dotson/Grimes/Moore/KJ equal the single season production of Svi/Newman/Graham. Two are freshman, two are transfers, zero experience with each other and at this level of the game.

Anything can happen. Maybe they are better. But it's not hard to see what a team lost, and what a team gained, and see if they come out better or worse.

Kansas, in no way, is a better team next year on paper..

Azubuike is really good, but he's made of glass. Travis is a tank and will eat him alive.

While at Stanford, Travis didn't have PJ Washington playing alongside him. How do you stop both?

ADVERTISEMENT