ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas fans downplaying the Reid Travis signing

I have been on this board much longer than you. I definitively know where I'm at. I think you misunderstood me. I was not talking about most UK fans. Just the dotards like yourself.
You seem to of forgotten where your home board is. This is the Uk board not the kstate board. Your time here is irrelevant unless you’re a uk fan

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Travis is very active and gets in the right spots. On tape he sometimes looks like he’s “ok” but at the end of the game he has great numbers.
The problem is, our offense in halfcourt is stagnant. Only one wing is moving 4 players stand in place. I wish we went motion.

did it start in 2009? Cause you sure love your kstate team. Others have said the same. Let’s hear it schwagg kstate sucks. You were seriously pissed when Loyola beat kstate
I was actually happy. It saved me a good chunk of change. KSU was very fortunate to beat UK.

It's not surprising they're downplaying him. What else would they say? Would they actually give credit to him and admit that UK just became the favorite to win it all? Should we expect honesty and humility from them? Right. This is the least shocking thing.

Now, if they gave credit and admitted he's a good player, THAT would be shocking. :D

Reactions: stuway
I have been on this board much longer than you. I definitively know where I'm at. I think you misunderstood me. I was not talking about most UK fans. Just the dotards like yourself.
So you've been on here since the beginning of this site? I don't recognize your username and I'm on here daily. Dotard your 12 I can't argue with little kids. Let me go get my 11 year old real quick.

Travis did just fine against a pretty good player that is 7'0 and will be the #1 pick in the NBA draft.

Kansas is better at defense than Arizona

Dec 21 , 2017 KU - 75 vs Stanford -54

Azubuike - 21pts 7rbs
Travis - 12pts 4rbs

refs tend to let KU foul and get away with it down low.... as you all should remember from our game with them last year.... azubuike could commit murder with no calls.

It's not surprising they're downplaying him. What else would they say? Would they actually give credit to him and admit that UK just became the favorite to win it all? Should we expect honesty and humility from them? Right. This is the least shocking thing.

Now, if they gave credit and admitted he's a good player, THAT would be shocking. :D

He's back....somewhat....about time. Almost had to pull out the serious comebacks but first...

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Kansas-Crying-Jordans.jpg

KU has the slightly better frontcourt, but I like our backcourt much better, especially with both teams relying on young guards. Cal has a way of getting the most out of his young guards. Self doesn't have that kind of reputation with young guards.

Travis should close the gap between our frontcourts, though.

The game is in Rupp this year, so hopefully the homecourt advantage helps us win the day.

We are due a win against the Hawks.

Right.... I'd love to see them focus their defense on him to shut him down. The reason he's here is because, no matter the lineup, there are going to be guys alongside him that can flat out ball.
At Stanford he was focused on quite a bit, here he has some breathing room. Lord have mercy what he can do when they have to let up on him and fall out on guards.

Reactions: stuway
Poor chicken chokers don't seem to have much luck in March against Wildcats period...that said
ain't gonna lie...extremely pleasing to watch them cluck pluck the floppin' dook turds...

big_wbounce.gif

k_rat.jpg

Last edited:
Were supposed to be the irrational fan base, but with Dook and Kblews comments I have to laugh. Haters gonna hate. At least we admit when someone is good and could cause us problems. (Well most) Kblew is shameless. Can't wait to pound them, Dook and Uncheat all in the same year.

Right.... I'd love to see them focus their defense on him to shut him down. The reason he's here is because, no matter the lineup, there are going to be guys alongside him that can flat out ball.
At Stanford he was focused on quite a bit, here he has some breathing room. Lord have mercy what he can do when they have to let up on him and fall out on guards.

Very good point. He had very little help at Stanford. Hard to do anything when a great team like KU game plans to stop you because you are the only threat.

Well, if you're going to count every inch, Washington and Travis are both 6'8, and UK has Richards (7'0) and Montgomery (6'10).

For Kansas, Azubuike is 7'0, Lawson is 6'9, De Sousa is 6'9, and McCormack is 6'10, and Lightfoot is 6'8.

Kansas has a bigger frontcourt, but Kentucky's is much more skilled, and overall, will be the better rebounding and offensive frontcourt.

This is to also go along with the fact that UK's backcourt will probably crush the Kansas backcourt. The Kansas backcourt is wildly unimpressive.

KJ Lawson is projected to start at the 3.
12.3 PPG, 8.1 REB, 2.8 AST in 34 minutes per game when he played at Memphis. Shot less than 40% from the floor on 12 shots per game, less than 33% from 3. Keldon Johnson will basically take his soul from him.

Marcus Garrett is in the running to start the 2. Also horrible.
4.1 PPG, 3.4 REB, 1.1 AST in 19 minutes per game last season, shot a decent 45.6% from the field, but shot 49% from the free throw line, and 27% from the 3 point line. He's only a decent, but unspectacular defender. Non-threat.

Charlie Moore is projected to be the starting PG. Played a year at Cal before transferring to Kansas. Played 29 minutes per game at Cal.
Averaged 12.2 PPG, 2.0 REB, 3.5 AST, and 2.9 TOV per game. Shooting splits of 38.8% from the field, 35.2% from 3, and 75.6% from the free throw line. So basically, a guard that can't shoot at all, and is an absolute turnover machine, is going to lead your backcourt. Yep. Once again, not a threat.

Then you have Grimes and Dotson. A couple of 5 star guys. Well, Self doesn't let freshmen run PG, so I don't figure that these guys will be a factor. Beyond that, Grimes was the 4th best guard for Team USA at best. Maxey, Anthony, and White were all better than he was, and it was very clear, too.

All this talk about how bad our team shot this year, this Kansas team is going to be absolutely pitiful shooting the ball, and I can't imagine a Bill Self team being that great if they're so poor offensively. Dedric Lawson is their only real source of offense, and he produced similar stats to the guy that they're downplaying, except Travis has played in a better conference his entire career, and Lawson played for a dumpster fire mid-major program (which he and his brother were the center of much of the controversy to come out of that dumpster fire program).

This is pretty biased and not really all that accurate.

I like Kansas right now. They beat Duke then themselves lost in the tournament. If their fans want to say the sky is lavender Ill accept that the sky is lavender. Congrats to them on putting together a nice streak against Kentucky. Even the greatest program of all-time has losing streaks.

Well, if you're going to count every inch, Washington and Travis are both 6'8, and UK has Richards (7'0) and Montgomery (6'10).

For Kansas, Azubuike is 7'0, Lawson is 6'9, De Sousa is 6'9, and McCormack is 6'10, and Lightfoot is 6'8.

Kansas has a bigger frontcourt, but Kentucky's is much more skilled, and overall, will be the better rebounding and offensive frontcourt.

This is to also go along with the fact that UK's backcourt will probably crush the Kansas backcourt. The Kansas backcourt is wildly unimpressive.

KJ Lawson is projected to start at the 3.
12.3 PPG, 8.1 REB, 2.8 AST in 34 minutes per game when he played at Memphis. Shot less than 40% from the floor on 12 shots per game, less than 33% from 3. Keldon Johnson will basically take his soul from him.

Marcus Garrett is in the running to start the 2. Also horrible.
4.1 PPG, 3.4 REB, 1.1 AST in 19 minutes per game last season, shot a decent 45.6% from the field, but shot 49% from the free throw line, and 27% from the 3 point line. He's only a decent, but unspectacular defender. Non-threat.

Charlie Moore is projected to be the starting PG. Played a year at Cal before transferring to Kansas. Played 29 minutes per game at Cal.
Averaged 12.2 PPG, 2.0 REB, 3.5 AST, and 2.9 TOV per game. Shooting splits of 38.8% from the field, 35.2% from 3, and 75.6% from the free throw line. So basically, a guard that can't shoot at all, and is an absolute turnover machine, is going to lead your backcourt. Yep. Once again, not a threat.

Then you have Grimes and Dotson. A couple of 5 star guys. Well, Self doesn't let freshmen run PG, so I don't figure that these guys will be a factor. Beyond that, Grimes was the 4th best guard for Team USA at best. Maxey, Anthony, and White were all better than he was, and it was very clear, too.

All this talk about how bad our team shot this year, this Kansas team is going to be absolutely pitiful shooting the ball, and I can't imagine a Bill Self team being that great if they're so poor offensively. Dedric Lawson is their only real source of offense, and he produced similar stats to the guy that they're downplaying, except Travis has played in a better conference his entire career, and Lawson played for a dumpster fire mid-major program (which he and his brother were the center of much of the controversy to come out of that dumpster fire program).

"Kansas has a bigger frontcourt, but Kentucky's is much more skilled, and overall, will be the better rebounding and offensive frontcourt."

"Much more skilled" is not true. Udoka and Lawson are two players who can compete for 1st team AA this year. No one in Kentucky's frontcourt with the exception of Reid can say that. If I were to rank production next year it would be:

1. Udoka, 2. Lawson, 3. Reid, 4. PJ Washington and De Sousa, 5. Montgomery, 6. McCormack, 7. Lightfoot, 8. Richards.

"KJ Lawson is projected to start at the 3.
12.3 PPG, 8.1 REB, 2.8 AST in 34 minutes per game when he played at Memphis. Shot less than 40% from the floor on 12 shots per game, less than 33% from 3. Keldon Johnson will basically take his soul from him."

KJ Lawson is 6'8 to Johnson's 6'6. He has played against college competition and is not going to run out there and throw up freshman stats in his third year of college. That's simply preposterous. He was a top 55 player coming out of high school. Those players improve and make impact in college. He wasn't some scrub.

"Marcus Garrett is in the running to start the 2. Also horrible.
4.1 PPG, 3.4 REB, 1.1 AST in 19 minutes per game last season, shot a decent 45.6% from the field, but shot 49% from the free throw line, and 27% from the 3 point line. He's only a decent, but unspectacular defender. Non-threat."

MG is a great defender and his role last year was not to be an offensive threat so those stats mean nothing. Look for him to be more aggressive driving the basket and hitting his mid-range. At 6'7, he's a size advantage at the 2G against Kentucky's guards.

"Charlie Moore is projected to be the starting PG. Played a year at Cal before transferring to Kansas. Played 29 minutes per game at Cal.
Averaged 12.2 PPG, 2.0 REB, 3.5 AST, and 2.9 TOV per game. Shooting splits of 38.8% from the field, 35.2% from 3, and 75.6% from the free throw line. So basically, a guard that can't shoot at all, and is an absolute turnover machine, is going to lead your backcourt. Yep. Once again, not a threat."

Again, D1 experience. His stats at Cal won't be representative of his stats under Self where he will not be allowed to be a volume shooter or be able to take bad shots without taking a seat on the bench. Also, he is NOT projected to be the starting point guard.

"Then you have Grimes and Dotson. A couple of 5 star guys. Well, Self doesn't let freshmen run PG, so I don't figure that these guys will be a factor."

This is simply a myth. Self plays talent over experience when the talent is actually greater than the experienced player. There is a long list going all the way back to Chalmers, our freshman starting point guard.

"Beyond that, Grimes was the 4th best guard for Team USA at best. Maxey, Anthony, and White were all better than he was, and it was very clear, too."

Stats don't lie. Neither does his MVP trophy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT