ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas fans downplaying the Reid Travis signing

PJ and Travis will have a hard time with KU's frontcourt. Its hard for 6'7 players to go up against 6'11 players in the post..... Hopefully EJ kicks butt and PJ/Travis hit some jump shots to pull the KU bigs out defensively.

Hmm... when Reid Travis went head-to-head vs. the undoubted #1 NBA Draft pick (Arizona's Deandre Ayton), Reid had 20 points 10 boards vs. Ayton's 9 points 8 rebounds. He can't play against talented bigs? LOL! [roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]
Ayton sucks, only a top 3 pick. Get with the program

Travis is very active and gets in the right spots. On tape he sometimes looks like he’s “ok” but at the end of the game he has great numbers.

I'm giving Kansas fans a pass here...they're in between seasons right now...the corn crops are about waist high and it's not soon enough for the wheat harvest...and tornado season is winding down...so they're bored and making silly statements...give them a break.

PJ and Travis will have a hard time with KU's frontcourt. Its hard for 6'7 players to go up against 6'11 players in the post..... Hopefully EJ kicks butt and PJ/Travis hit some jump shots to pull the KU bigs out defensively.

PJ’s 7’3” wingspan will help some.

Also, Reid Travis did well scoring on 7ft Ayton. I’m not familiar enough with Reid to know his weaknesses, but his raw power will make up for a height mismatch on offense.

Travis did just fine against a pretty good player that is 7'0 and will be the #1 pick in the NBA draft.

I'm giving Kansas fans a pass here...they're in between seasons right now...the corn crops are about waist high and it's not soon enough for the wheat harvest...and tornado season is winding down...so they're bored and making silly statements...give them a break.

I like wheat. Cake's are made with wheat! My kind of nutrition...

giphy.gif

If Travis had instead transferred to Kansas, there’s no way our fans would have downplayed it.

It really doesn't bother me, what KU fans think. If I held their opinions in high regard, it might be different, but, until I see some signs of intelligence from some of their posters, I couldn't care less what they think.

Not sure I see the difference between that thread and the old thread or comments on here about how Zion is all of a sudden not that good of a player. Both threads/comments are asinine

Hawkquake 1772 posts
5 hours ago
KU made him their bitch last year. That was back when KU had a whopping two bigs, Dok and Lightfoot. He just isn't that good when he has to play some real competition. KU will embarrass him next season.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Board/103719/Contents/Travis-Reid-transfering-to-UK-119197709/

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue

They still looking for them red slippers.

Reactions: *CatinIL*

Well, if you're going to count every inch, Washington and Travis are both 6'8, and UK has Richards (7'0) and Montgomery (6'10).

For Kansas, Azubuike is 7'0, Lawson is 6'9, De Sousa is 6'9, and McCormack is 6'10, and Lightfoot is 6'8.

Kansas has a bigger frontcourt, but Kentucky's is much more skilled, and overall, will be the better rebounding and offensive frontcourt.

This is to also go along with the fact that UK's backcourt will probably crush the Kansas backcourt. The Kansas backcourt is wildly unimpressive.

KJ Lawson is projected to start at the 3.
12.3 PPG, 8.1 REB, 2.8 AST in 34 minutes per game when he played at Memphis. Shot less than 40% from the floor on 12 shots per game, less than 33% from 3. Keldon Johnson will basically take his soul from him.

Marcus Garrett is in the running to start the 2. Also horrible.
4.1 PPG, 3.4 REB, 1.1 AST in 19 minutes per game last season, shot a decent 45.6% from the field, but shot 49% from the free throw line, and 27% from the 3 point line. He's only a decent, but unspectacular defender. Non-threat.

Charlie Moore is projected to be the starting PG. Played a year at Cal before transferring to Kansas. Played 29 minutes per game at Cal.
Averaged 12.2 PPG, 2.0 REB, 3.5 AST, and 2.9 TOV per game. Shooting splits of 38.8% from the field, 35.2% from 3, and 75.6% from the free throw line. So basically, a guard that can't shoot at all, and is an absolute turnover machine, is going to lead your backcourt. Yep. Once again, not a threat.

Then you have Grimes and Dotson. A couple of 5 star guys. Well, Self doesn't let freshmen run PG, so I don't figure that these guys will be a factor. Beyond that, Grimes was the 4th best guard for Team USA at best. Maxey, Anthony, and White were all better than he was, and it was very clear, too.

All this talk about how bad our team shot this year, this Kansas team is going to be absolutely pitiful shooting the ball, and I can't imagine a Bill Self team being that great if they're so poor offensively. Dedric Lawson is their only real source of offense, and he produced similar stats to the guy that they're downplaying, except Travis has played in a better conference his entire career, and Lawson played for a dumpster fire mid-major program (which he and his brother were the center of much of the controversy to come out of that dumpster fire program).

I may have missed something but I'm baffled that De Sousa is eligible. No one doubts he's one of the Kansas Kriminals who was linked to cash pay-offs by the FBI. Even in this day and age that has to be frowned upon by the NCAA.

We'll have plenty of bulk with those two those and that counts for a lot (plus EJ and Richards are tall). Tennessee last year did well with not a lot of height but a lot of strength and bulk.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Reside in KC, but am definitely not a Kansas fan.

Low IQ Hillbillies tend to bag on the state of Kansas just to make fun of KU fans. I just speak in truth.
Yea because you run IQ tests on UK posters. Your insult screams of ignorance. You may want to find the right board your in the blue mist.

Reactions: stuway
Yea because you run IQ tests on UK posters. Your insult screams of ignorance. You may want to find the right board your in the blue mist.
I have been on this board much longer than you. I definitively know where I'm at. I think you misunderstood me. I was not talking about most UK fans. Just the dotards like yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT