ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas fans calling Sean Miller & Will Wade “shady”.

• Thread starter anon_ce2llurbpkli4
  • Start date
A

anon_ce2llurbpkli4

EBDB0-D06-11-D0-4-BB7-85-F0-D166-A7-D2-C968.jpg

Is it possible they are so delusional that they don't understand every fan base in the country considers them at least as dirty at Arizona and LSU?

Those schools are equal in the Adidas scandal, but the Jailhawks under Self were recruiting players who were so lacking in character they got busted for abusing women, among other violent crimes, had high school grades altered and on and on way before the Adidas scandal.

What did KU do? I bet you don’t even know the allegations lol

Here is a summary of the NCAA’s five violations sent to KU, which partially redacted the notice, obscuring player names and other details, before releasing it to the public:

• Adidas representative Jim Gatto and outside consultant T.J. Gassnola offered and provided impermissible benefits and had impermissible recruiting contacts with prospective and future KU basketball player Billy Preston (name redacted). Documented were $89,000 in payments to Preston’s family (name redacted).
  • Townsend and Adidas representatives engaged in violations when recruiting prospective and future KU basketball player Silvio De Sousa (name redacted). Included in the violation was that Townsend asked former KU coach Larry Brown about Townsend’s interest in recruiting De Sousa. The NCAA said Brown “impermissibly” contacted De Sousa’s legal guardian Fenny Falmagne, who had a previous relationship with Brown. Brown informed Townsend that the guardian wanted Adidas to outfit a non-scholastic basketball team with which he was affiliated. Townsend failed to report this violation to KU compliance. Falmagne, in the past, has told The Star that he was seeking equipment for Angola’s national team.
  • Townsend and Self had knowledge of some impermissible recruiting contacts by Adidas representatives. In one particular case, Gassnola communicated with Self that he had given $15,000 to a family friend of future Arizona basketball player Deandre Ayton (name redacted), with Gassnola later communicating to Self that he had let him down. Townsend also was accused of failure to report violations involving Adidas’ contact with recruits to KU compliance.
  • Self did not promote an atmosphere of compliance based on “personal involvement in violations,” including him having knowledge of Gassnola interacting with prospective players and their families at Late Night in the Phog, a KU recruiting event. Self also is accused of knowing about Gassnola’s impermissible phone calls with family members of prospective student-athletes.
  • The NCAA claimed that KU lacked policies to keep Adidas officials from committing NCAA violations and did not properly supervise interactions between the athletics department and the apparel-maker’s representatives. What’s more is the NCAA is alleging that three unnamed senior KU athletics officials had concerns about Gassnola’s interactions with the men’s basketball team, but that the athletic department did nothing to educate Gassnola about NCAA rules or monitor what he was doing. The NCAA also took KU to task for several employees allegedly knowing that Preston had a car that was not registered with the athletics department’s compliance staff.

What did KU do? I bet you don’t even know the allegations lol
Google is your friend.

The Kansas basketball program received a notice of allegations from the NCAA on Monday detailing multiple major violations, the University of Kansas confirmed. Kansas is accused of committing three Level I violations -- the most severe in the NCAA rulebook. A responsibility charge is also being levied against Hall of Fame coach Bill Self and KU is also charged with a lack of institutional control.

Google is your friend.

The Kansas basketball program received a notice of allegations from the NCAA on Monday detailing multiple major violations, the University of Kansas confirmed. Kansas is accused of committing three Level I violations -- the most severe in the NCAA rulebook. A responsibility charge is also being levied against Hall of Fame coach Bill Self and KU is also charged with a lack of institutional control.
I mean seriously, did KneeBurns think we were too stupid to know how to find this information? Just like I tell my kids when dealing with people, rule number one is "people are stupid." Rule number 2 is, "when in doubt, refer to rule number one". Case in point, KneeBurns.

I used to get involved in this. But I have zero faith in the NCAA doing the right thing, so sadly, until they do, it's kind of been pointless to waste time thinking about. It may be a defeatist attitude, but I can't help it.

Further, I actually think they're at a point where they just CANT punish these schools because the NCAA is on a ledge. The precendent has been set to cheat regardless, because the NCAA's hands are tied. They're "too big to fail"..

Hope I'm wrong.

Google is your friend.

I asked what Kansas did, and this didn’t help me at all. Idk what “level 1 violations” mean. More interested to know: what did they actually do?

There's always that kid in class that gets caught cheating, eats the cheat-sheet and while getting pulled out of class by the collar goes "But where's the proof?!".. That's kind of where Kansas is at. Smugly telling us to provide proof while the NCAA has level 1 violations on you is obtuse.

Still not seeing any details of what is alleged. I’ve only encountered a few here who did know, so I’m not holding my breath

I asked what Kansas did, and this didn’t help me at all. Idk what “level 1 violations” mean. More interested to know: what did they actually do?

Still not seeing any details of what is alleged. I’ve only encountered a few here who did know, so I’m not holding my breath
Refer to @UKGrad83’s post above. You conveniently skipped over that one. Self is no different than Miller!!

So.. wait.. Are you saying you know what they are, and that others here know what they ware.. but you want to hear us tell you? Is this some sort of validation thing?

There isn't enough time in the day to read all about Kansas' cheating history. I know Adidas is involved and I know it's big. Further, I know the NCAA has FIVE level 1 violations. That's all I need to know.

Yes, I find it humorous. Like I would if a potential juror blurred out during selection: “I know a guilty man when I see one!”

ADVERTISEMENT