ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas BIG Drop - Florida OUT....Cats...

We started the day with an article by Lunardi justifying why he still had Kansas a 1 seed and we end it with Gary completely dropping them almost entirely from the Top 25 lol

Reactions: mktmaker
UNC jumped 5 spots with recent wins against western Carolina and Tulane... what
P6zxqlc.jpg

Reactions: HICATFAN
Don’t have a problem with these besides UNC, who had no business jumping 5 spots. MSU made them their bi*ch and we’re supposed to believe they’re a top 4 team right now?

Edit: And I also agree that Kansas dropping 22 spots is absurd, quite an overreaction.

He probably dropped KU 22 spots because he knows KU is going to lose again this weekend.

I would venture to say being a level headed person is a good quality when it comes to journalism of any kind. This is not an example of that. Washington is no juggernaut, to be sure, but they have a decent coach who knows how to game plan a little bit. It was one game on a semi-neutral court, a 9pt loss to a major conference opponent. Dropping Kansas 22 spots for that one loss is looney. Anyone can have one bad game. It happens. It was a bad loss, yes, but 1 game. This is clearly an overreaction. Drop them out of the top 10? Sure. Out of the top 20? Please.

And Kansas fans are like UK fans when it comes to overreacting to one loss.

Now, if I'm making a case Kansas fans should be worried, it would go like this...

1. This is a veteran Kansas team. They should be better than most teams right now if they're going to make any noise nationally tbis season.

2. This Kansas team is not deep at all. If their first 6 or 7 can't get it done, it's not getting done. There is nobody coming to the rescue.

3. This Kansas team doesn't have great upside this season because of the first 2 reasons I listed. Their ceiling isn't much higher.

As an aside, this seems yet another example of teams outside the Big12 not fearing Kansas. The Jayhawks have the B12 so afraid, it's almost comical.

I would venture to say being a level headed person is a good quality when it comes to journalism of any kind. This is not an example of that. Washington is no juggernaut, to be sure, but they have a decent coach who knows how to game plan a little bit. It was one game on a semi-neutral court, a 9pt loss to a major conference opponent. Dropping Kansas 22 spots for that one loss is looney. Anyone can have one bad game. It happens. It was a bad loss, yes, but 1 game. This is clearly an overreaction. Drop them out of the top 10? Sure. Out of the top 20? Please.

Now, if I'm making a case Kansas fans should be worried, it would go like this...

1. This is a veteran Kansas team. They should be better than most teams right now if they're going to make any noise nationally tbis season.

2. This Kansas team is not deep at all. If their first 6 or 7 can't get it done, it's not getting done. There is nobody coming to the rescue.

3. This Kansas team doesn't have great upside this season because of the first 2 reasons I listed. Their ceiling isn't much higher.

As an aside, this seems yet another example of teams outside the Big12 not fearing Kansas. The Jayhawks have the B12 so afraid, it's almost comical.

Well done!!

AlohaCat

Agree except for semineutral court statement.....99.99999% of fans in Kansas city were jayhawk fans

Five Texas teams ranked. UT, A&M, Tech, TCU, and Baylor. That has to be a record for a single state.

Parrish has been pretty open on Twitter about how these rankings are a little skewed but he is punishing teams for really bad losses.

And as to us, we have played one of the most piss poor schedules so far in all of basketball. Please Cal don't do this again

Parrish has been pretty open on Twitter about how these rankings are a little skewed but he is punishing teams for really bad losses.

And as to us, we have played one of the most piss poor schedules so far in all of basketball. Please Cal don't do this again
What’s the alternative? Cal schedules a bunch of tough games we end up losing and we fall out of the top 25. Fans would really be jumping off the bridge then. This team is way too young to be playing top 25 teams in November. The SEC was projected to be really good too so maybe cal thought I’ll get a bunch of quality wins in conference, which is usually not the norm

We haven't tho. This just isn't correct. Up to this point maybe but we still play UCLA, Va Tech, UL and WVU to go along with the KU game. Additionally, we've not played any completely awful teams. Our "cupcakes" have been in the 100s whereas in the past we used to play teams in the 200/300s

Sure we are missing an additional marquee game (IU and UNC in the past seasons), but overall our schedule isn't bad at all.

Our non conference SOS rankings
2010 = 194th
2011 = 52nd
2012 = 181st
2013 = 207th (this season we played Duke, UL, Baylor and ND OOC but the other conference games were so bad it brought it down)
2014 = 60th
2015 = 64th
2016 = 75th
2017 = 56th
2018 = 186th

After we go through all our OOC that 2018 will fall in line with 14-17 numbers IMO.

The lack of big games is the reason people are saying we played a poor schedule but looking at the overall non conference SOS, it won't be bad at all by the end of the year.

Last edited:
What’s the alternative? Cal schedules a bunch of tough games we end up losing and we fall out of the top 25. Fans would really be jumping off the bridge then. This team is way too young to be playing top 25 teams in November. The SEC was projected to be really good too so maybe cal thought I’ll get a bunch of quality wins in conference, which is usually not the norm

There is no alternative. People are always gonna bitch.

Like somebody said, ranking don't matter this time of year. Things will shake out after football season is over because most who are voting are not focused on basketball. Why do I say that? Because of where some teams are ranked this time of year. It doesn't make sense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT