ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas All Time: Losing Record Vs AP Top 10/Vs EVERY Other Elite Program/Losing F4 Record

dlh331

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
I know KU fans like to tout their all time status as just behind UK (and some claim better than UK) but some of their stats are just awful.

Through 2017 Kansas is:

86-105 versus the AP top 10
25-45 for 35.7% vs the other elite programs:
8-22 vs Kentucky
5-6 vs UNC
4-7 vs Duke
8-10 vs UCLA

12-13 in the Final 4
3-6 in the NCAA title game

And yes, UK has WAY better numbers in every category.

aoAzJf8.jpg

And 2 of their titles were miracles. In 88' Manning got hot at the right time and carried them to a title essentially by himself. And in 2008 it took 47 missed free throws and a prayer 3.

BUT THEY INVENTED BASKETBALL AND EVERY LEGENDARY COACH AT THE OTHER BLUE BLOODS HAS TIES BACK TO KANSAS!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!111!!!!one!!!!!

Reactions: TopCatCal
BUT THEY INVENTED BASKETBALL AND EVERY LEGENDARY COACH AT THE OTHER BLUE BLOODS HAS TIES BACK TO KANSAS!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!111!!!!one!!!!!
And don't forget all those Big 12 championships. I mean after all don't a lot of Kansas fans say that's more impressive than winning national championships.

Reactions: brianpoe
lol. It's basketball board where basketball discussions are being made daily here. Sometimes statistics may often get pulled up about our rivals.

Rent free? Ha. Apparently everything is about KU. You guys have a mediocre program and are actually okay with it.
KU and UK are "rivals?" Huh.... who knew? I wasn't aware. Guess only you guys view Kansas as a "rivalry." We certainly don't. We do enjoy the recent success of winning against you guys, however.

Fellow blue blood...? Absolutely. Rival....? Not so much.

I know KU fans like to tout their all time status as just behind UK (and some claim better than UK) but some of their stats are just awful.

Through 2017 Kansas is:

86-105 versus the AP top 10
25-45 for 35.7% vs the other elite programs:
8-22 vs Kentucky
5-6 vs UNC
4-7 vs Duke
8-10 vs UCLA

12-13 in the Final 4
3-6 in the NCAA title game

And yes, UK has WAY better numbers in every category.
Do you care to post that on the main board or if I do?

Reactions: lonnie boyd
Does this make you happy?

He actually on his own accord, clicked his way here and says "rent free". He must not understand obsession much. I never go to KU's pathetic board. Plus everyone from Kansas smells like month old ass.

Reactions: Aike
Let me guess... By recent you just mean in the last 2 years ? That complete ass whooping 3 years ago and the 2012 title game mean nothing anymore right?
Oh yea, it still stings. Winning @ Allen and Rupp gave me some warms fuzzies, but I'd take the win in 2012 over either of the wins the last two years. That's a no brainer.

Still, nice to see you guys think so highly of us that you create multiple threads. I searched on the Kansas boards, and you gotta dig deep before finding a UK thread. They exist, but you gotta look. I like coming here occasionally to get a good laugh. You guys kill me.

Last edited:
Nah.

Oh yea, it still stings. Winning @ Allen and Rupp gave me some warms fuzzies, but I'd take the win in 2012 over either of the wins the last two years. That's a no brainer.

Still, nice to see you guys think so highly of us that you create multiple threads. I searched on the Kansas boards, and you gotta dig deep before finding a UK thread. They exist, but you gotta look. I like coming here occasionally to get a good laugh. You guys kill me.

[laughing] Pathetic. You're not even good at this.

Reactions: Mr_GG
Nah.

You're off base a little bit here. I would give you that some people here talk about Duke to an absolutely embarrassing degree, and the threads about Louisville get a little redundant but at least they are our main rival. But I've been on here for years and there's really not that many threads about Kansas. To even insinuate that your program is in our heads is completely asinine.

By the way the OP is always posting stats like this. I honestly had no idea you guys were so bad against the all-time top 10. Might want to work on that.

You're off base a little bit here. I would give you that some people here talk about Duke to an absolutely embarrassing degree, and the threads about Louisville get a little redundant but at least they are our main rival. But I've been on here for years and there's really not that many threads about Kansas. To even insinuate that your program is in our heads is completely asinine.

By the way the OP is always posting stats like this. I honestly had no idea you guys were so bad against the all-time top 10. Might want to work on that.
I agree, we definitely need to work on it. I wasn't familiar with those stats, either. Rather embarrassing, I must admit. I was just messin around with the "rent free" thing. Rustled a few jimmies, though. :)

Reactions: jayballer54

There are multiple threads about a few different schools because we are Kentucky fans and love the game year round. Sometimes when we have ate up all available info about our program we look into others. It just so happens there is always a woman beating or drug possession charge going on in lawerence

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I know our 13 straight conference titles dont compare with all your recruiting championships, but it's not half bad.

Except one of those recruiting titles did lead to that 2012 banner.

Maybe you'll hit an irrelevant 14th this year and flame out like you usually do.

Reactions: brianpoe
sucks they beat us in rupp. shouldve got em in lawrence but we dont get that kind of home cooking. i know people love ulis, but one of my lasting memories is him dribbling the ball off his foot with a chance to win it at the phag.

Except one of those recruiting titles did lead to that 2012 banner.

Maybe you'll hit an irrelevant 14th this year and flame out like you usually do.
Hard to argue with any of that. You did win a title in '12, and we exit the tourney far too early.

When's the last time KU played in the NIT? Can't say I've seen it in my lifetime (and I'm guessing I'm a little older than you...)

Reactions: jayballer54
I know our 13 straight conference titles dont compare with all your recruiting championships, but it's not half bad.
They don't compare to our real championships either. I'd imagine if KU were winning those fictitious "recruiting championships", they would have a banner made for it and hang it with their other banners. Maybe Wonder Bread will start handing out meaningless championships so you guys can hang some more banners and pretend like they mean something.

ADVERTISEMENT