ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas’ Jalen Wilson isn’t too concerned about UK outside of Oscar

Dude ain't gonna know what hit him once Threeves starts making it rain from deep.
Last year, Keon Brooks had his career high 27 points against Kansas. He got the bulk of them with foul line jumpers. Last year Kansas really tried to double team Oscar and limit his capabilities. I hope this year Toppin or Livingston really can hit those mid-range jump shots. Reeves and Frederick and Wallace, hopefully, will connect on at least 40% of their 3 point attempts.

Last year, Keon Brooks had his career high 27 points against Kansas. He got the bulk of them with foul line jumpers. Last year Kansas really tried to double team Oscar and limit his capabilities. I hope this year Toppin or Livingston really can hit those mid-range jump shots. Reeves and Frederick and Wallace, hopefully, will connect on at least 40% of their 3 point attempts.
Yeah, if Wilson's comments are a clue, they will probably focus on Oscar again. Other guys are going to have to step up and they all have of late.

Toppin will need a huge game. If he does we will win as long as Reeve and CJ hit some shots. Hopefully Wallace abuses their PG too because he’s a matchup problem for them.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Yeah, if Wilson's comments are a clue, they will probably focus on Oscar again. Other guys are going to have to step up and they all have of late.
None of the most current opponents have been on the level of a Kansas. Reeves and CJ seem to disappear against the elite.

None of the most current opponents have been on the level of a Kansas. Reeves and CJ seem to disappear against the elite.
Reeves has begun to heat up, averaging 17.0 points while shooting 45.3 percent overall, 38.2 percent from beyond the arc and 87.5 percent from the free throw line over his last five games. Fredrick is starting to heat up offensively and defensively.

He absolutely will be, he and Gradey Dick. But Kansas really only has a few guys. Pretty solid starting lineup, but they have no one for Oscar. Their bench just isn’t particularly impressive either.

Problem is UK doesn't really have much bench either. If calipari started the right 5 we wouldn't have much bench scoring at all.

Reactions: BigKari
Dumb for him to say it. But if I were going to play UK I would only be concerned about Oscar.

My scouting report would be double Oscar whenever he’s in the paint and triple him when he gets the ball.

I would have one guy follow Wallace and dare the rest to beat me.

But I wouldn’t broadcast that before the game.

Reactions: Montana81
I think it comes down to how well Toppin guards Wilson, and can Fredrick keep Dick from getting off.

Wallace will likely be on the PG. and Reeves is our worst defender. Frederick isn’t bad other than a little slow, but he does defrnd smart.
Frederick is alright, Wallace would be alright on Grady dick, but Kentucky will figure something out

He doesn't seem to know anyone but Oscar. I guess that's somewhat understandable but this team is more than just Oscar. And the other thing is this: everyone says what they NEED to do against Oscar. That's not the problem. Actually keeping him off the glass is another matter entirely. Nobody has done it.

They're playing better now though. Threeves is starting to hit that floater in the lane and CJ is more than just a shooter now. He's playing good D and has become a good passer. We are gonna need them to be on their game or it could be a long night.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
They have Wilson and Grady. That’s it. They literally combined for half their the other night in their loss to Baylor.
Their pg doesn’t ever look to score. He rarely shoots. I think Cal will sag off him and use his defender to help off on their shooters.

It amazes me how, in every KU game I have watched, Grady and Wilson are always left completely wide open, because their defender left to go play help defense. Now, why the hell would you leave those guys?

You have to take the 3 ball away, that’s their primary weapon.

Dumb for him to say it. But if I were going to play UK I would only be concerned about Oscar.

My scouting report would be double Oscar whenever he’s in the paint and triple him when he gets the ball.

I would have one guy follow Wallace and dare the rest to beat me.

But I wouldn’t broadcast that before the game.
That’s what aTm did. They lost. That’s what UT and Vandy tried to do, they lost.

A&M got lucky Reeves, Wallace and CJ didn’t hit their wide open shots, if they hit any kind of a respectable percentage, UK wins by 20 or more.

ADVERTISEMENT