ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting K.D. McDaniel commits

Holy Cow...he looks alot like Bud Dupree...hope he plays like him.

The film on this kid looks like a Jack OLB all the way to me. Basically a stand up edge rusher who gets low and explodes past tackles and crashes in the pocket from the edge. This kid will pick up tons more offers...his film looks fantastic.

images

Last edited:
Except Bud was a tight end recruit. Loved that dude.

He could play both, had an amazing vertical for his size, AND improved it at UK while adding 40 or more pounds.

But I think he was listed as a Defensive recruit from the start, although I think the TE recruit we wanted from Louisville didn't believe it, I think he ended up signing with Indiana.

Hopefully he will be able to recruit some for us also. I don't know how many Georgia guys we are after, but there is a lot of talent in the state.

Last edited:
Reactions: vikingfer
He has littered his tweets with "No De-commitment!" language. I look for him to stick, and yes, he'll likely blow up when others realize what they lost.

Yes, and I still think he did that because he has read a little bit about our past history. Thankfully this probably means he can read, so Transfer U is out.

He could play both, had an amazing vertical for his size, AND improved it at UK while adding 40 or more pounds.

But I think he was listed as a Defensive recruit from the start, although I think the TE recruit we wanted from Louisville didn't believe it, I think he ended up signing with Indiana.

Nope. Google Alvin Dupree Rivals to see him as TE prospect.

Yes, and I still think he did that because he has read a little bit about our past history.
I don't. I think it's b/c he means it whether he read any history or not. BTW, past history is redundant.

Nope. Google Alvin Dupree Rivals to see him as TE prospect.

Listed as a TE but I still think UK always recruited him for defense. It worried me because I thought with a 40" vertical he might really want to be a TE, pretty sure he could have played both. I forgot the name of the Louisville prospect, both 5.6s IIRC, about the best we got then, close to signing with us and I really thought he might have thought UK claiming Bud would play defense was a sham and when he got here he would have to compete with him at TE, one reason he went elsewhere.

Reactions: sward1851
Listed as a TE but I still think UK always recruited him for defense. It worried me because I thought with a 40" vertical he might really want to be a TE, pretty sure he could have played both. I forgot the name of the Louisville prospect, both 5.6s IIRC, about the best we got then, close to signing with us and I really thought he might have thought UK claiming Bud would play defense was a sham and when he got here he would have to compete with him at TE, one reason he went elsewhere.
When Joker wanted to switch him to defense he almost transferred, said that in an article around the time he got drafted. He was definitely brought in as a TE.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
When Joker wanted to switch him to defense he almost transferred, said that in an article around the time he got drafted. He was definitely brought in as a TE.
Yup. Bud turned down a last minute offer from FSU because they wanted him to play defense.

Listed at 6'2, vitruvian measurements would give him 74" wingspan with his wrists at his waist line, and his wrists don't meet his waist. Can't tell if he's 88 in a photo, could be leaning, can't tell exact proportions, can't tell back width... But he's 84+ and at that point why lie? Probably a legit 88
sgg.0.jpg

John Davis was the prospect you are talking about who was the TE from Louisville. He ended up decommitting from us and signing with Illinois and he played more of an H-back position for the Illini.

Reactions: jauk11
John Davis was the prospect you are talking about who was the TE from Louisville. He ended up decommitting from us and signing with Illinois and he played more of an H-back position for the Illini.

Right, and I thought it was Indiana or Illinois, too lazy to look it up. Both pretty similar, both just north of the Ohio River, and both with a football history a lot like ours-----and not as much potential, IMO, the SEC is the place to be, even our AD has trouble spending all the money now.

Now that my memory has been jarred I think I even remember him spelling his name as Jon, once again too much trouble to look up.

I don't think Bud ever complained publicly while he was here, probably mentioned he was glad he changed over when all was said and done.

Last edited:
Alvin "Bud" Dupree was recruited and signed by Joker Phillips as a tight end out of Irwinton, GA. East Lansing Cat is correct about this. Dupree was moved to defensive end as a freshman by Rick Minter out of necessity, due to a depleted defensive roster and injuries. This was well known at the time, as there was a robust debate about removing Dupree's redshirt and changing his position simultaneously. Dupree gained good weight and showed an aptitude for the defensive edge. When Stoops and Eliot got here, they transitioned Dupree to a 3-4 Jack linebacker, and Dupree became an NFL 1st round draft choice.

too lazy to look it up
That's 1 way of putting it.

Last edited:
Alvin "Bud" Dupree was recruited and signed by Joker Phillips as a tight end out of Irwinton, GA. East Lansing Cat is correct about this. Dupree was moved to defensive end as a freshman by Rick Minter out of necessity, due to a depleted defensive roster and injuries. This was well known at the time, as there was a robust debate about removing Dupree's redshirt and changing his position simultaneously. Dupree gained good weight and showed an aptitude for the defensive edge. When Stoops and Eliot got here, they transitioned Dupree to a 3-4 Jack linebacker, and Dupree became an NFL 1st round draft choice.

A couple of adjustments to your fine reply. Dupree did move to defense under Phillips and more specifically Rick Minter and played OLB in his 3-4 defense. When Stoops got here he installed the 4-3 he had coached at FSU but during the 2013 season began transitioning to the 3-4 hybrid they currently employ. During that first year under Stoops, Dupree was a DE but by the time Stoops second year rolled around he had installed the 3-4 his brother Bob had installed the year prior at OU.

Bud was moved to the Sam LB position in that 3-4 and was the starter there as a Senior. It is true, however that during that year we would bring in an extra DB and Bud would move to the Jack spot in our 4 down packages with his hand in the dirt as a pass rusher. He was never really a stand up Jack LB while at UK but instead was in the stand up position at Sam. The Jack and Sam are similar positions but also are distinctly different in some aspects.

A couple of adjustments to your fine reply. Dupree did move to defense under Phillips and more specifically Rick Minter and played OLB in his 3-4 defense. When Stoops got here he installed the 4-3 he had coached at FSU but during the 2013 season began transitioning to the 3-4 hybrid they currently employ. During that first year under Stoops, Dupree was a DE but by the time Stoops second year rolled around he had installed the 3-4 his brother Bob had installed the year prior at OU.

Bud was moved to the Sam LB position in that 3-4 and was the starter there as a Senior. It is true, however that during that year we would bring in an extra DB and Bud would move to the Jack spot in our 4 down packages with his hand in the dirt as a pass rusher. He was never really a stand up Jack LB while at UK but instead was in the stand up position at Sam. The Jack and Sam are similar positions but also are distinctly different in some aspects.

Are you trying to adjust one of BD's post, that is dangerous, he lives in Lexington, you know. And seems to have a large staff for miscellaneous facts.

Pretty amazing, really.

A catty remark for a catty remark.

I stand corrected.

Are you trying to adjust one of BD's post, that is dangerous, he lives in Lexington, you know. And seems to have a large staff for miscellaneous facts.

Pretty amazing, really.

A catty remark for a catty remark.
You continue to regress. You expend more energy adjusting and objecting to other people's posts than every other poster here combined. Your word count-to-insight ratio is by far the least informed on the board. What is your point?

Last edited:
You continue to regress. You expend more energy adjusting and objecting to other people's posts than every other poster here combined. Your word count-to-insight ratio is by far the least informed on the board. What is your point?

You started it.

And by the way, have you noticed that one guy in the PHILLIPINES that keeps finding new informative articles, can you imagine some guy in the PHILLIPINES trying to be a UK fan?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT