ADVERTISEMENT

JV stay or go??

stay or go JV??

• Stay

Votes: 66 77.6%
  • Go

Votes: 19 22.4%

• Total voters
Will he get the proper rehab in the G-League?

Why would he even consider leaving UK if he has an injury? The very best surgeons and rehabilitation experts will be in charge of his return to the court at UK.

I will be AMAZED if he decides to do ANYTHING other than return to UK.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
I’m not sure he’s ever going to be able to stay healthy for it to even matter.
Hell Im far from giving up on him he's just had a couple freak injuries all of which were at worst possible timing, but he's far from reaching Joel embiid status who still made it to the court. He can recover 100% and I believe he will be ready prolly around a month before the season. And he'll be our best player and a candidate for NPOY IF he's able to remain healthy. It is a concern, but I think he will be healthy for the full season, and in that case he's by far the player I want to return the most as he was the best defender I've seen at UK since Noel/Davis and best rebounder I've seen in general. And I truly feel like with time before the season and not missing any games he'll show us the elite offensive ability he has always had.

We/he ended up not electing to give him surgery last season and let it heal naturally, that appears to have been a mistake, this time he'll get the surgery and it'll make the possibility of reinjury much less likely than when he got reinjured at the end of the season. This time he'll get the surgery, pretty sure the timetable for recovery was like 3-4 months with the surgery. I say we give him 4-5 months to be safe. And get him back in time to practice and get ready for the season. At least as long as he gets the surgery asap (assuming it's the same surgery that'd be needed).

Who knows he may have already gotten it since no one has to tell us what has happened. But if not then he needs to get it very soon so he can have time to practice before the season and not be so far behind like he was when he came in last year, in which case would hurt his stock for next season if we waited too long for procedure and I don't think they're going to let that happen.

I'm really confident all will be alright concerning JV, and that many fans have just given up due to the awful timing that keeps happening time after time. In today's age injuries hardly ever end career's when they hav access to the best of the best. I know Greg oden's career ended abruptly but he also aged 3 times faster than the normal person and pretty sure he had a foot condition that his size couldn't support IIRC. I highly doubt he's in a greg oden type situation which is only thing that should have us worried about him ever recovering.

Gone. If he was staying I think he would say I've had surgery, rehab now & looking forward to our upcoming season.

ADVERTISEMENT