ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Rogers arriving June 15

200.gif

Big dog gonna eat

I can remember years where we had 3 or 4 serviceable tackles, non of them game changers. We are actually seeing kids transfer now because they won't get playing time. Kids that are solid players. It is won at the LOS. We are very deep on the DL!

I can remember years where we had 3 or 4 serviceable tackles, non of them game changers.

Bug, not to be cruel to former players we all loved, but there were stretches we had no serviceable d-tackles, but converted “heavy” linebackers, and o-linemen converted in a pinch, or linemen who simply didn’t come close to measuring up to SEC standards.

I’ll put it in perspective this way: If today in addition to our lineup on the defensive front, a young Dewayne Robertson and Jeremy Caudill were on their way to campus, we would legitimately discuss the chances of them redshirting.

When Caudill and Robertson arrived in 2000, they were physical and athletic freaks compared to what we then had, and played the vast majority of snaps as true frosh.

And I doubt Robertson would end up redshirting if he came, today . . . but with Rogers in this class, he might!!

Hey, we had the “M & M” backs in the mid-eighties (Mark Higgs and Mark Logan) how ‘bout the “M & M” D-line, for the Michigan men?

Bug, not to be cruel to former players we all loved, but there were stretches we had no serviceable d-tackles, but converted “heavy” linebackers, and o-linemen converted in a pinch, or linemen who simply didn’t come close to measuring up to SEC standards.

I’ll put it in perspective this way: If today in addition to our lineup on the defensive front, a young Dewayne Robertson and Jeremy Caudill were on their way to campus, we would legitimately discuss the chances of them redshirting.

When Caudill and Robertson arrived in 2000, they were physical and athletic freaks compared to what we then had, and played the vast majority of snaps as true frosh.

And I doubt Robertson would end up redshirting if he came, today . . . but with Rogers in this class, he might!!
Corey Peters, Caudill, Robertson. I’d put them up against anything Ohio St or Fla had

Corey Peters, Caudill, Robertson. I’d put them up against anything Ohio St or Fla had

So would I if we had them all at once. Consider this: with Marquan (4 Star,) Justin Rogers (5 Star), Josh Pascal (4 Star) and Weaver (4 Star) our defensive front 4 in the 3-4 will have much more Star power than those three great players had.

We have some quality depth, now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT