ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields

Georgia made the only choice that they could have. They played Fields too much last year and it hurt the 2018 offense. You could tell that Fields had great talent, but he wasn't ready last year. Prone to look at one WR and take off running. He also made a common freshman mistake where he thought he could out run SEC defense's without an angle (Against Auburn he turned a 2nd and two into 3rd and 20 by backpedaling and scrambling).

Fromm had won a SEC title and taken the team to the CFP. Fromm is very well-liked with the team. Fields would have been better off going to Penn State or another school from the start if he wanted to be a freshman starter.

As far as UGA running a spread offense this year, the Dawgs didn't have the receivers to do so even if Kirby had wanted to and Fields had stayed. Georgia sent Mecole Hardeman, Riley Ridley, Issac Nauta (TE) and Terry Godwin to the NFL from the 2018 team and JJ Holleman was kicked off the team in the off-season.

On a side note, not that it matters, but I am curious. Caveman Catfan, why do you hate Georgia so much? Did you live in the state? Had an obnoxious UGA fan live next door? Have a Georgia student steal your girlfriend away from you in school? Just curious.

You wanted people to believe that Justin was disappointed because spring practice went poorly. That was a bunch of bunk. I did not believe that crap for good reason. But, I do believe there are many UGA fans who would buy that load.
I didn't want anyone to believe anything. Reread the Saturday Down South article. It states "However, the ex-Bulldog almost didn’t stay in Columbus. Per a report from The Columbus Dispatch, Justin’s father, Pablo, said Justin considered transferring back to Georgia over the summer. Remember, Fields went through spring football with the Buckeyes after enrolling in January." Not my words brother. You're seeing what you want evidently.

I didn't want anyone to believe anything. Reread the Saturday Down South article. It states "However, the ex-Bulldog almost didn’t stay in Columbus. Per a report from The Columbus Dispatch, Justin’s father, Pablo, said Justin considered transferring back to Georgia over the summer. Remember, Fields went through spring football with the Buckeyes after enrolling in January." Not my words brother. You're seeing what you want evidently.

That story is clearly wrong. The other story makes sense, the one Saturday Down South claims to source. The Columbus Dispatch says he wanted to leave shortly after arriving in January before he met anyone. If you relied upon the wrong article, I get it, and apologize for suggesting your wanted to mislead. But, if your still rely upon it, then you just want to see what your want to see.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT