ADVERTISEMENT

Justified

Justified is certainly in my Top 5. I have it all on DVD

The last couple of years I have been binge watching British murder mysteries on Brit Box. I have to turn on the captions to understand sometimes because of thick accents but they have some great shows. And a lot of them.

Vera
Shetland
Downton Abby
Poirot
Agatha Christie novels.

Some of these series have been going for more than 20 years. They have great writers and excellent acting.

GoT
Outlander
I would rate Outlander as one of the dumbest unrealistic time travel shows that has ever been made, a "girly" show, and yet I have to still watch it and anxious for the next season. Right about "The Boys" though; blowing up The Invisible Man by sticking dynamite up his butt....well hard to beat that!

Yeah I think it’s the best all around show ever made. Probably watched it 6 or 7 times.

Meant to add Hannibal. For a network show it’s pretty impressive.
The Wire is the best show ever created.

Glad you liked Hannibal. I believe it even first aired on Friday or Saturday which means it wasnt expecting much. Most people never saw it b/c of this. Acting and storyline was A+

Reactions: Aike
I tell ya what Apple TV+ has some bangin’ shows too. If I got rid of all my streaming services I guarantee you I’d be able to buy a Lamborghini in three years.

Okay . It appears we have similar TV tastes . I have to admit, I’ve never heard of “Halt and catch Fire .” Ima check it out.
AMC has had some great stuff. I know many people don’t like it but I got into more AMC stuff when Turn: Washington’s Spies came out. Love history even if they took some historical liberties.

Reactions: yoshukai
Ozark is another that’s kinda up that same alley. I tried starting Ozark 3 times and couldn’t get past the first episode…finally forced myself to put my phone down and watch 2 episodes back to back and then I was hooked
I forgot to add The Ozarks on ky list, that’s probably the best one out of all in my opinion.

I wish I had a 'Ruth Langmore' in my circle of friends, that chick was tough as nails.

I'd like to see her and Beth Dutton go at it. Haha

Reactions: EliteBlue
I forgot to add The Ozarks on ky list, that’s probably the best one out of all in my opinion.

I wish I had a 'Ruth Langmore' in my circle of friends, that chick was tough as nails.

I'd like to see her and Beth Dutton go at it. Haha
You remember the old Celebrity death match show? That would have been an entertaining episode

AMC has had some great stuff. I know many people don’t like it but I got into more AMC stuff when Turn: Washington’s Spies came out. Love history even if they took some historical liberties.
I am a history buff too and I really enjoyed Turn:Washington’s Spies. Another historical series that I liked was The Last Kingdom. It was about England during the time of the Viking invasion.

Reactions: SaltyCat22
Another show that’s set in eastern Kentucky is Outsiders. A coal company is trying to evict a bunch of hillbillies from off a mountain they both claim.
I watched that show when it first came out. It was okay if I remember correctly.

I have to agree that both Longmire and Justified are great shows and worth your time to watch them. It may just be me but I am pretty sure Vic from Longmire might be a shape shifter or something. One scene she would look smoking hot and the next scene almost unrecognizable as the same person.

The thing about Justified and I guess for people unfamiliar with the area its no big deal, but the references to the area were very sloppy. They would call Raylan, who would be in Lexington and tell him to get to Harlan and he would say he would be there in 30 minutes....Not without a helicopter you won't. 🤣 They also liked to refer to Tates Creek Rd a lot even when they would be talking about being in Harlan. Other than that I found it highly entertaining.

Reactions: BCD
Season 4, Episode 10, the Decoy was probably my favorite episode.

'People underestimate Bob at their own peril'

The dialogue in Justified makes it the best series for me --- ever.

Season 4, Episode 10, the Decoy was probably my favorite episode.

'People underestimate Bob at their own peril'

The dialogue in Justified makes it the best series for me --- ever.
Their Kentucky accent was spot on, not overly fake like a lot of shows have.

Reactions: BCD
To me nothing tops The Sopranos. James Gandolfini is the best.

Other Favs:
Game of Thrones
Justified
The Shield
Sons of Anarchy
Hell on Wheels
Southland
Game of Thrones was great until the last season end and there is just no getting over how bad it was resolved.
Justified I read they are doing a new season, look forward to when that comes out.
The Shield was very good although a few episodes might not have been so, overall good with an ending that didn't ruin it (eg: Game of Thrones)
Sons of Anarchy- ehhh, would have been better if it ended sooner.
Hell On Wheels- same thing kind of lost some steam toward the end (pun intended)
Never saw Southland
Yes, how could I forget Sopranos!

FX's Snowfall is very good and a spinoff of Sons of Anarchy is the Mayans.

Its hard for me to go back to network television now. I watch Chicago PD b/c I like this type of show and love Chicago. I have started to record The Accused on Fox but do not have high hopes on when I start to watch it.

FX has killed it several times thus far, as has AMC, but Sons of Anarchy should've been on HBO. Enjoyed the hell out of it but that show needed to lose the censorship barriers which wasn't possible on FX at the time. Now you can get away with a lot more, but back then a show about rival biker gangs, sex, guns, drugs, and murder needed more of a punch than Jax just saying "Jesus Christ" every episode.

ADVERTISEMENT