ADVERTISEMENT

Just watched the 2014 UK Wisconsin replay...there were a LOT

I've been to many Big Ten Tournaments. Wisconsin and Sparty both travel very well. It's going to be a tough ticket, and a lively crowd from all angles.

on the first day no one will have the majority except maybe neutrals cheering against us with wiscy fans for that second game. you have to execute on the court to quiet others, so your crowd sounds huge. if we get a lead bbn will be crazy loud. if the game is close the whole place will be rockin. I think that's why they play these huge venues. no matter who is winning you hear 10-15 k cheering loud.

I remember hearing about so many UK fans snagging up hotel room and ordering tickets as soon as the Harrison twins, Willie and Alex said they were coming back. Maybe more UK than anyone else. Last year UK wasn't playing good enough to snatch up all the tickets early. But you are right, it will be the other 3 teams fans vs UK fans... If you are going, be loud and proud!!!

There will be at least 20k Wisconsin fans. I was in Dallas and they had almost as many as us. Expect a hostile crowd in indy. UK will not have more than 25k there

This post was edited on 4/2 9:50 PM by howitis

I think the most impressive thing was how many Wisconsin fans filled the lower bowl of the arena

It will be interesting to see how many make it to Indy. UK's run was unexpected last seaosn to say the least and UW was solid all year. I think a lot of Cats' fans were able to snag them up early not to mention the proximity to Ky and chasing history.

Assuming the Duke / MSU fans also pull for Wisky, it helps that we are the late game.

Most of one of those teams' fans won't be around to watch the second game and cheer against us.

Originally posted by deplion:
Assuming the Duke / MSU fans also pull for Wisky, it helps that we are the late game.

Most of one of those teams' fans won't be around to watch the second game and cheer against us.
I will have to respectfully disagree on both of your points.

1) I believe Duke/MSU fans will be pulling for UK because they want their team to be the one that not only wins it all, but does so against the mighty almost-undefeated. That will be their ticket to hang on to for the rest of their lives.

2) They paid handsomely for these tickets for all 3 games, it's a Saturday night, mostly all of them are on a little "mini-vacation", and UK is on the brink of history. I think almost no one leaves after the Duke/MSU game.

This post was edited on 4/2 10:45 PM by TheDude73

Doesn't surprise me that their fans travel. They have a passionate fanbase in both football and basketball.

Wouldn't you find a reason to leave the state of Wisconsin for a couple days if you lived there?
tongue.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Askeladden:
Doesn't surprise me that their fans travel. They have a passionate fanbase in both football and basketball.

Wouldn't you find a reason to leave the state of Wisconsin for a couple days if you lived there?
tongue.r191677.gif
To go to Indiana??? You've got to be kidding. Wisconsin is beautiful. Not as beautiful as Kentucky, but it's definitely a state that many head TO in order to escape their home states.

Originally posted by SoCalBlueFan:

Originally posted by Askeladden:

tongue.r191677.gif
To go to Indiana??? You've got to be kidding. Wisconsin is beautiful. Not as beautiful as Kentucky, but it's definitely a state that many head TO in order to escape their home states.
Warmer climate?

i was kidding. Pains me to say it cause I'm supposed to hate them for the next 48 hours but Wisconsin does have some things going for them. Except Milwaukee, no thanks to Milwaukee. I've been to Oshkosh and Wisconsin Dells and they were awesome. The Dells were very pretty and the best waterparks in the country imo.

But I'm a hater of Wisconsin right now so don't ruin it for me.

I think some of you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised on how many UK fans are in Indy:
A. Proximity
B. Undefeated
C. Blue gets in
D. Preseason #1

Kentucky will have a minimum of 30,000 tomorrow night.
Min.

I will have to respectfully disagree on both of your points.

1) I believe Duke/MSU fans will be pulling for UK because they want their team to be the one that not only wins it all, but does so against the mighty almost-undefeated. That will be their ticket to hang on to for the rest of their lives.

2) They paid handsomely for these tickets for all 3 games, it's a Saturday night, mostly all of them are on a little "mini-vacation", and UK is on the brink of history. I think almost no one leaves after the Duke/MSU game.

This post was edited on 4/2 10:45 PM by TheDude73
I was at the FF in New Orleans. After we beat UL, I hung around for half of the next game, but so many people left, I could pick seats almost anywhere. I left the game to go celebrate our victory on Borboun street and while I was able to watch it on a TV in a bar, missed a great game. I think many of the losing team leaves because they are disgusted and many of the winning team does as well to go out and celebrate.

ADVERTISEMENT